Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Ok to go off bc now? Your thoughts

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 10:10 am
I’ve been thinking of going off of bc for a while (had it for various reasons for a few years).

Now that I’m ready to go off I’m a bit hesitant, with coronavirus going on.

What do you think?

amother
Blush

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 10:13 am
There are tons of threads about this. FWIW I’m currently expecting (and had covid at 10 weeks)

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 10:15 am
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
There are tons of threads about this. FWIW I’m currently expecting (and had covid at 10 weeks)

I searched for “ttc” and didn’t find anything recent.
I didn’t have it, bh, bli ayin harah, and am therefore concerned.

amother
Green

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 10:19 am
I wouldn't ttc now, especially with this alleged 2nd wave coming. Covid is too new to know the long term effects on the baby. If chv something happens, I would never forgive myself. I scratch my head when I see the Jan 2021 and feb 2021 threads. Obviously, you have to know your risk tolerance.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 10:25 am
amother [ Green ] wrote:
I wouldn't ttc now, especially with this alleged 2nd wave coming. Covid is too new to know the long term effects on the baby. If chv something happens, I would never forgive myself. I scratch my head when I see the Jan 2021 and feb 2021 threads. Obviously, you have to know your risk tolerance.

And I scratch my head at your attack on January and feb due date threads. Why would u make ppl feel guilty and question thier decisions when they can't do anything about it?

amother
Violet

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 10:28 am
amother [ Green ] wrote:

I am part of the December thread and found your comment offensive. If people made a choice to get pregnant, it’s their choice and not for you to “scratch your head” judging. I personally have been ttc since last summer and did think twice once the virus hit but did not want to push off even more. I daven that I am blessed with a healthy baby and that’s all we can ever do, covid or not.

Now for OP, I have to say that being pregnant while having kids home all day every day with limited entertainment options is very difficult. I’m exhausted beyond words every day. Take your pregnancies into consideration and what kind of help you have.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 10:29 am
This is such a personal choice OP. One that only you and your husband can decide.
I know you are only posting to see others answers, but please dont actually make any decision based on what other women ave written here. This is something that only you and your husband TOGETHER can and should decide.

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 10:56 am
I am planning on going off in august unless something major changes. I lost a pregnancy to a virus before but I have no reason to expect that covid will be an issue for my pregnancy based on what we know about it. Of course there is much unknown but there is always much unknown. We can afford to have live in help if I’m very sick in pregnancy and need help with our child. That’s more of my concern right now since I was so sick with my previous pregnancies.

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 10:58 am
I would go off, but perhaps wait a few more months. Every month we learn more and more and more and more about treatment and closer to a vaccine iyh (for herd immunity, not necessarily for the pregnant woman). I think by the fall, we will iyh have much more knowledge.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 11:51 am
I could understand worrying about the effects of the virus ( I think so far they are saying it doesn't seem to cause harm to fetus). I could understand worrying about managing with other kids home, or about catching the virus in pregnancy, and being too sick to cope. I could understand fear of not getting prenatal care also. Maybe there are more concerns that I am not thinking of.

At the end of the day, know that the same one who blesses you with a child will give you the strength to pull through all the challenges along the way. You can only do your part (TTC) and rely on hashem for the rest.

In mitzrayim with circumstances way worse than ours the women actively tried to have more children. Each child brings so much blessing to the home, and to the world, if you are ready - go for it! If you have specific concerns re: covid and your personal circumstances talk to a doctor and rov first.

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 3:40 pm
Personally I’d go off if you’re ready

You never know how long it may take you to actually conceive so why wait

Everything is in Gd’s hands

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 3:49 pm
I got pregnant in January. We only knew about the virus as in Wuhan, had no reason to believe it will travel world wide.
I am very exhausted (and was in hospital once for pregnancy related issue for few hours during Covid) but I'm really glad to be spending my pregnancy at home, vs having the kids out of the house at 8AM and then rushing to work. I didn't plan it this way, but for me the timing couldn't have worked out better.

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 3:57 pm
If you're ready to go off, go off! Dont push off such a huge mitzvah because of many "maybes"
(Obv ask your ob and rav)

Just an inspiring story- dh is a student with major boards this summer. He has a newly frum friend who told dh last summer that he and his wife and trying to conceive a baby. When dh told me I said uh oh I really hope the due date doesn't fall out around boards. Well her due date was may 30th (she gave birth a week ago bh) and board were June 5th. But they did the right thing and hashen looked out for them and the boards are postponed till aug bec of covid. Now think what would have happened if she waited and then was due end of july or in Aug?!?

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 4:23 pm
Agreed with amother above.

Don't try to be smarter than Hashem.

If you have a concrete reason why you should be on BC now, that is one thing.

But planning too much for the "what ifs" can backfire.

There are just as many GOOD "what ifs."

We have to work based on the information we HAVE, not based on imagined scenarios. Right now there is no actual information contraindicating pregnancy at this time.

"Hanistaros LaHashem Elokeinu."

SuperWify

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 4:45 pm
I’d go off. It’s in Hashem’s hands. I know a lot of ego people who got it and Bh delivered healthy babies.
(Also- You might not get pregnant until it’s over anyway.)

amother
Peach

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 5:26 pm
Im coming off the pill now. I only went back on them bc of Corona. Now that lockdown is bh easing here then I'm ready to try again! We tried for 4 months beforehand.

Who knows what the future holds. IyH we'll all be fine. Who says there'll be a 2nd wave? These people aren't G-d!

Hope you conceive when you want it to happen, and when the time is right Smile

Eta: I've had the virus already. I know it doesn't mean much but I'm still calmer knowing that I may have antibodies.

amother
Peach

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 5:48 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
I got pregnant in January. We only knew about the virus as in Wuhan, had no reason to believe it will travel world wide.
I am very exhausted (and was in hospital once for pregnancy related issue for few hours during Covid) but I'm really glad to be spending my pregnancy at home, vs having the kids out of the house at 8AM and then rushing to work. I didn't plan it this way, but for me the timing couldn't have worked out better.

I wish I'd be in the same boat. It was taking time to ttc. (4 months but it usually happens on 1st or 2nd try) went back on pill bc of the virus, was worried I wouldn't be able to get to mikvah etc. I was really stressed about everything around that time so it was the best decision for me. But how I wish I'd go through my 1st trimester not working, and not having any major routine. I get so sick! Anyway iyH it'll happen quickly now.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics