Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Custom walk in closet

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 12:21 pm
Please please help me figure out my walk in closet I have nice size room for it. A dream coming true. How many drawers/ shoe space/ shelves amount an size. Long hanging, short hanging. It’s for me and dh. All my furniture I’m getting rid of. So all our stuff needs to be organized there. I can’t figure out the layout. Help!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 8:33 am
Bump

SuperWify

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 8:40 am
You need a planner for that.

It’s hard to tell you without knowing how big the room is and what you need it for.

If it was for me-

I’d keep a small dresser with a chair in the back for makeup jewelry creams ect. In the center a item to display dh ties and belts and my accessories. The draws u see that for shells, underwear and pjs and workout clothes. I’ll line the walls with shoe storage. And lots of rods for hanging plus one high hanging rod. I’ll add strip lights to make the place cool.

Have fun! It’s my dream!!

Amarante

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 9:32 am
As posted, you need to hire an in-person designer to assist you as there is no right or wrong way.

I just finished a remodel and so all of my closets were done. My designer and I extensively discussed exactly what I wanted to keep in the closets - how I wanted to access them etc. So space was allocated for double bars; for shoes and accessories as well as drawers.

There are companies that specialize in designing and selling the interior organizational materials for closets. The material used to construct interiors also can vary. Some work by coming into the home like California Closet which is fairly expensive or you can buy systems from a store like The Container Store. There are also probably independent designers if you can locate one and then they contract for materials and labor like any other remodel project.

My dream closet (which I don't have) would be a large walk in closet with a bench in the middle and glass doors to display purses and shoes so they are visible and dust free :-).

ETA - Just wanted to emphasize that having the opportunity to customize your home means that you have to do some work so that the result is as good as it can be. You need to provide your designer with input in terms of what you want to keep - how much of each - how you want to use. This is true for every part of the home as everything I did was a collaboration with my designer - I told her how I planned to use the space and then she provided me with a plan which I then tweaked based on my imagining what it would be like to use the space as designed. A blank canvas is a wonderful thing but it is also stressful because you have to make every decision - even determining how wide or how high things will be hung.

tweety1

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 3:49 pm
From my experience it's best to hire a professional for this.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics