Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Why do you want to have twins?
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 3:04 pm
Hope this is ok to ask, Im just honestly curious because I don't relate. I guess because one baby fills up my plate and can't imagine caring for two. I love twins but can't relate to desire having my own, can you explain

amother
Mint

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 3:06 pm
I had to spend a month in the hospital my twins a month and a emergency c section

pause

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 3:14 pm
I don't.

Stars

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 3:15 pm
I don't.

OBnursemom

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 3:17 pm
It would be cute. After they were maybe 4 or so. I’m not sure I would survive the 4 years though.

amother
Silver

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 3:31 pm
Long time sufferer of infertility, so if I do treatments, I hope for two babies so that I wouldnt have to do more treatments.

Just being honest.

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 3:31 pm
I would love to because I've always wanted a big family and I'm not getting any younger so two for one saves time LOL

Teomima

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 3:32 pm
I am so, so happy my two first children were twins. I always say first kids should come in pairs. Yes the learning curve is STEEP. Everyone struggles a lot their first time as a parent and you're definitely dealing with twice as much, if not more, when you have two: twice as many babies to feed, bathe, change, twice as much laundry, and way, way less sleep ("sleep when the baby sleeps" does not exist with multiples).

But when you make it past the haze of the first couple of months, you can start to see just how special multiples are. And when they reach toddlerhood, and they really start playing together, you realize what an amazing gift you gave your child by providing them with a custom-designed live-in best friend. At some point it even becomes easier than a singleton since they have each other to play with, instead of needing you to be their buddy.

Other pros are you instantly feel like a super mom, learning to do things like wear two babies simultaneously AND cook supper, plus you never have to question how you can love your next baby like your first, you already know how easy it is to love all your children.

There are cons, too. Pregnancy is riskier, as is the birth. I had to leave one baby in the hospital for three weeks and it was horrible. The sleep deprivation I experienced the first few months was the worst I've ever had to deal with.

Oh but one of the biggest pros? Having a singleton after twins feels like a piece of cake! DH and I were amazed every time we changed a diaper or fed or bathed a baby that we were done, that was it, there wasn't another baby waiting to be changed or fed or bathed. Easy peasy!

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 3:44 pm
I love kids and want to have as many kids as I can handle. I don’t love pregnancy so two for one is great. I am dreaming of having twins. I also do have mild fertility issues so every pregnancy is a big deal and twins would be so helpful.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 3:47 pm
People who say they want twins say so because they think it's cute and because they have absolutely no clue whatsoever about the practical realities. Past the age of about three it's probably not so different from having children less than a year apart. My twins are the light of my life but those first few years were murder.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 3:52 pm
I have three under two. My life plan was more like three under 8? Menschen tracht g-t locht.

seeker

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 3:59 pm
1. My pregnancies and PPD were awful. I would love to have to go through fewer of those and end up with the same size family.

2. I feel like I'm getting old fast and I still want to have more kids. Twins would definitely be efficient.

It's just a thought I toy with. I know multiples come with their own sets of risks and challenges. In normal circumstances you don't get to choose anyway, so if you're going to do some fantasizing or daydreaming you may as well go with the efficient option and dream away the difficulties Wink

applesbananas

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 4:07 pm
I watched a neighbor chase her 18 month old twin boys on shavous in 85° heat. I wouldn't wish it in anyone...

amother
Amber

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 4:12 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
People who say they want twins say so because they think it's cute and because they have absolutely no clue whatsoever about the practical realities. Past the age of about three it's probably not so different from having children less than a year apart. My twins are the light of my life but those first few years were murder.

I want twins. Or to be honest, I want another set of twins.

Yes, there were periods of time where I was completely overwhelmed, but the way your heart expands DOUBLY to fit two more precious neshamos inside and the more-than-double dose of cuteness was just addictive.

For me, the hardest part was that they were much smaller than my other babies, so they didn't sleep as well. But I consider that a very small price to pay.

OTOH Hashem knows what He is doing, some of my later singletons were intense enough personalities that my twins looked easy next to them!

amother
Red

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 4:16 pm
Just because. A childhood dream that never got tainted.
I am concerned about pregnancy and childbirth, especially since I aint getting younger...
Meantime, my kids are bickering about whether we get 2 boys or 2 girls. Wink

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 4:30 pm
All of my brothers have twins, with one having two sets. My husband would love twins, he feels it's more efficient (one pregnancy, two kids!). Being that I exclusively nurse, I told him where he could take that idea Twisted Evil

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 4:40 pm
I’d love twins. My pregnancy was really hard, as well as the post partum recovery stage and ppd. I’m ttc for a while and nothing doing yet (starting treatments soon) I know it will be hard anyway why not get 2 for the price of 1 and then be done forever?

jerusalem90

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 4:40 pm
I would like twins because I really really REALLY wanted to be a twin when I was a kid. And don't we all want for our kids what we felt we lacked ourselves as kids?

amother
Navy

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 4:46 pm
I've always wanted twins. I feel like it's a siman bracha. I've stopped short of davening for twins (we have several sets of fraternal twins in the family) because of the risks.

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 4:52 pm
I can't imagine having twins. Taking care of one is a super struggle. Taking care of two? I'd hire a nanny to take care of them and move out ASAP.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics