Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
LG Washer getting stuck by spin cycle

rd5081

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 11:50 am
HI! Anyone else having this issue? Cycle would start okay and then by the spin cycle the minutes dont progress and the machine keeps trying to drain and spin the load. Now the interesting part is that its only happening by certain loads, like linen or permanent press stuff. Im not overloading the machine or underloading it. If I stop the cycle and then put it on a spin only cycle on high spin then it drains well but the clothes come out very creased...

Anyone with a similar issue????

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 11:55 am
It happens when there is too much detergent (too many suds for HE machine).
What you need to do is stop the machine. Put in some fabric softener into the detergent section (it breaks down the suds). And run the machine on a short cycle. It will even itself out.

Going forward, use much less detergent than you think you need. Never put in sudsy clothes (if you use dish soap to pretreat, make sure to rinse it all out before putting the clothes in the machine).

rd5081

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 11:59 am
I’ll try that solution. I hope it’s the solution...
I’m not so sure but maybe...

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 12:50 pm
ra_mom wrote:
What you need to do is stop the machine. Put in some fabric softener into the detergent section (it breaks down the suds). And run the machine on a short cycle. It will even itself out.

Going forward, use much less detergent than you think you need. Never put in sudsy clothes (if you use dish soap to pretreat, make sure to rinse it all out before putting the clothes in the machine).

Yup. Had this issue once and that’s what the repairman told me.

teachkids

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 1:00 pm
ra_mom wrote:

ra_mom to the rescue again! Can you write a book of all your kitchen and household wisdom?

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 2:26 pm
Did you try to clean out the filter on bottom of machine?
There may be debris, hair etc. stuck in it.
Place a large bucket underneath, in case there is water in tub that will be released.

tweety1

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 3:42 pm
teachkids wrote:
ra_mom to the rescue again! Can you write a book of all your kitchen and household wisdom?

This! She one of the few posters here that I gained so much from. Tips, recipes, shopping and what not.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 1:41 pm
rd5081, did this issue resolve?

rd5081

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 1:47 pm
Im still experimenting. The loads its been happening to im using tide powder, the loads its not happening to im using A liquid soap. So Im trying to use just the liquid soap and use less than regular I think its more or less sticking to the time displayed on the screen or 5-10 minutes longer. But not an hour longer.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 1:54 pm
rd5081 wrote:
Im still experimenting. The loads its been happening to im using tide powder, the loads its not happening to im using A liquid soap. So Im trying to use just the liquid soap and use less than regular I think its more or less sticking to the time displayed on the screen or 5-10 minutes longer. But not an hour longer.

Good luck! Where do you put your powder, directly on the clothes in the machine?

rd5081

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 4:03 pm
I put it directly into the drawer, not into the blue liquid Dispenser

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 4:06 pm
Keep in mind that an average size load needs 2 tbsp liquid or powder detergent. That amount is equivalent to one detergent pod.

rd5081

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 10:21 am
@ra_mom
I gotta thank you for the solution you suggested. I’ve been having such a tough time every time my cleaning lady came linen was taking forever to wash and I always needed it back quick enough so she can put them back on its beds. This morning was a great test load...
I put much less detergent and BRAVO the load took about as long as it showed at the beginning of the cycle 30-40 mins. Until now they’ve been taking an hour or more! Thanks again!!!

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 12:28 pm
I am so happy to hear! I remember how hard it was years ago until I figured it out.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry