Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Curfew for NYC tonight from 11 pm til 5 am
1  2  Next

monkeymamma

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 4:01 pm
Cuomo just announced that NYC will have a curfew tonight from 11 pm til 5 am. Do you think that will stop the rioters? If not, then how do you think Cuomo or Deblasio should handle them considering that they dont want the cops to be aggressive?

https://www.nydailynews.com/ne......html

Last edited by monkeymamma on Mon, Jun 01 2020, 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Cheiny

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 4:04 pm
monkeymamma wrote:
Cuomo just announced that NYC will have a curfew tonight from 11 pm til 5 am. Do you think that will stop the rioters? If not, then how do you think Cuomo or Deblasio should handle them considering that they dont want the cops to be aggressive?

https://www.nydailynews.com/ne......html

So how will they enforce it? Will people on the street after 11 be arrested? (Somehow I highly doubt it, especially since Diblasio’s daughter is one of the protesters who were arrested).

Last edited by Cheiny on Mon, Jun 01 2020, 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

avrahamama

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 4:05 pm
Tranquilizer darts? Bubble machines? Skittles bombs. Exlax brownies. Hand out drinks and refreshments with diarrhetics in them so they all have to stay home near the toilet ...

All I know is my mom loved through a revolution and her PTSD is coming on strong right now.

Sebastian

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 4:15 pm
Hugs to your mom

monkeymamma

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 4:50 pm
Cheiny wrote:
So how I’ll they enforce it? Will people on the street after 11 be arrested? (Somehow I highly doubt it, especially since Diblasio’s daughter is one of the protesters who were arrested).

Deblasio posted this, he will apparently punish cops while letting rioters off the hook:

Quote:
New Yorkers: I’ve spoken with Governor Andrew Cuomo and for everyone’s safety we have decided to implement a citywide curfew in New York City tonight. It will take effect at 11pm and be lifted at 5am tomorrow morning.

We support and protect peaceful protest in this city. The demonstrations we've seen have been generally peaceful and their message must be heard. We've seen community leaders working together with police to keep the peace. We can’t let violence undermine the message of this moment. The NYPD will increase its presence where we saw violence and property damage last night — specifically in Lower Manhattan and Downtown Brooklyn.

The Police Commissioner and I have spoken at length about the incidents we've all seen in recent days where officers didn't uphold the values of this city or the NYPD. We agree on the need for swift action. He will speak later today on how officers will be held accountable.

Zehava

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 5:06 pm
avrahamama wrote:
Tranquilizer darts? Bubble machines? Skittles bombs. Exlax brownies. Hand out drinks and refreshments with diarrhetics in them so they all have to stay home near the toilet ...

All I know is my mom loved through a revolution and her PTSD is coming on strong right now.

Love these. Pot brownies should do the trick.

Cheiny

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 5:23 pm
monkeymamma wrote:

Unreal...and of course he left out what was uppermost in his mind: “And MY daughter is certainly one of those peaceful protesters and she should never have been arrested!”

leah233

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 5:27 pm
What is the sense in making a curfew starting at 11:00?

By that time any violence will be well underway.

I hope they don't use it as an excuse to harras law abiding citizens who happen to be out but ignore the thugs in order to not inflate things and becuase "they feel strongly"

mom4eva

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 6:06 pm
avrahamama wrote:

You crack me up. The first part. Not your moms ptsd

youngishbear

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 6:09 pm
Zehava wrote:
Love these. Pot brownies should do the trick.

They should pour some CBD oil into the NyC water supply

avrahamama

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 6:19 pm
youngishbear wrote:
They should pour some CBD oil into the NyC water supply

It might actually help us all. That and some melatonin...

avrahamama

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 6:19 pm
But seriously we need to opiate the masses...

isrmss91

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 6:32 pm
Only 11 PM??!! Yeah, sure, that helped out Washington DC loads. They should have made it much earlier.
I also recommend, we keep a low profile and not be outside. There are very crazed, angry mobs out there, who want blood. Los Angeles frum community got vandalized. Hashem Yishmor.

aliavi

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 7:15 pm
Cheiny wrote:
So how will they enforce it? Will people on the street after 11 be arrested? (Somehow I highly doubt it, especially since Diblasio’s daughter is one of the protesters who were arrested).

Wasn’t she arrested about 10pm 😂

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 8:08 pm
11:00 to let everyone get home from maariv. Duh.

mamma2b

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 9:10 pm
Cheiny wrote:
Unreal...and of course he left out what was uppermost in his mind: “And MY daughter is certainly one of those peaceful protesters and she should never have been arrested!”

I think that was actually intentional.
He wants to be able to appeal to the protesters yet still keeping peace
Proof being that his very own daughter was arrested. Proof that he is doing whatever it takes or keep the peace in the city..

monkeymamma

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 10:08 pm
Cheiny wrote:

It must be her "white privilege". She must also be immune to the coronavirus which is why she was able to go to the riot and not socially distance. Because the mayors daughter does not have to follow the laws. And the mayor is also immune to coronavirus which is why his daughter was able to come back to his house and expose him to who knows what instead of having to quarantine for two weeks. Imagine if we need a new mayor in a week or two because his own daughter did not follow the laws. Twisted Evil Hiding Can't Believe It

Blessing1

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 10:19 pm
isrmss91 wrote:
Only 11 PM??!! Yeah, sure, that helped out Washington DC loads. They should have made it much earlier.
I also recommend, we keep a low profile and not be outside. There are very crazed, angry mobs out there, who want blood. Los Angeles frum community got vandalized. Hashem Yishmor.

I heard that tomorrow the curfew will be from 8. 11 is very late if they really want to control the riots.
I wonder if it's gonna be enforced in the frum neighborhoods.

aliavi

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 10:35 pm
monkeymamma wrote:
Imagine if we need a new mayor in a week or two because his own daughter did not follow the laws. Twisted Evil Hiding Can't Believe It

Yes, please. Can we make that happen? I’m not asking for a spread but I would happily have a new mayor. I’d prefer one that is more cooperative and more productive.

monkeymamma

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 10:38 pm
isrmss91 wrote:

The trains are shutting down at 11 which will give people and excuse not to go home. So its really more like lip service than a curfew for the rioters designed to make everyone else "feel" safer. Do you feel safer now?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics