Home

Crock pot purchase help

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post  Mon, Jun 01 2020, 10:19 pm
My crock pot of 20 years finally died. I loved it so. It was a workhorse.

To replace it, I bought a 4.5 quart, which is slightly smaller than my last one. It’s also the Crock Pot brand. I hate it. It overcooks and is alarmingly hot on the low setting, and does nothing on the “warm” setting.

Anyone have one that works great? Thanks!
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Tue, Jun 02 2020, 1:23 pm
bump
Back to top

ra_mom




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Jun 02 2020, 1:34 pm
Go with a Hamilton Beach only. Best are the oval ones that have manual settings.

https://m.boscovs.com/shop/pro.....D_BwE

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ham.....D_BwE
Back to top

jewishmom6




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Jun 02 2020, 1:46 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Go with a Hamilton Beach only. Best are the oval ones that have manual settings.

https://m.boscovs.com/shop/pro.....D_BwE

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ham.....D_BwE


this is only $20. do you have this? Does it last?
Back to top

jewishmom6




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Jun 02 2020, 1:53 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Go with a Hamilton Beach only. Best are the oval ones that have manual settings.


is this too small for family of 4?
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ham.....16719
Back to top

giselle




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Jun 02 2020, 1:55 pm
jewishmom6 wrote:
is this too small for family of 4?
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ham.....16719

3 quart is pretty small, but it really depends how much cholent you all eat. We use a larger one and only two in the family eat cholent, but my husband likes to make a lot.
Back to top

ra_mom




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Jun 02 2020, 2:32 pm
I have a 4 quart and suggest that size for a family of 4. If I find the extact model I have, I will post. I've bought various Hamilton Beach models for different people over the years and they are superb.
Back to top

jewishmom6




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Jun 02 2020, 2:46 pm
I ordered the one you posted.

Thanks so much!
Back to top

amother




Orange
 

Post  Tue, Jun 02 2020, 2:49 pm
I have a 4 qt Hamilton Beach which I love. I would go with a 6 qt for next time though. I can fit chicken, onions and potatoes in mine, but no squash. I also can't make my chulent in it if I have guests. I love the croc pot, it's just a little small for me. It was under $50, I don't remember how much as we bought it years ago. If I find something similar online I'll edit and add link.
Back to top

jewishmom6




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Jun 02 2020, 2:51 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I have a 4 quart and suggest that size for a family of 4. If I find the extact model I have, I will post. I've bought various Hamilton Beach models for different people over the years and they are superb.


actually can you post? My order was just cancelled -its out of stock.
Back to top

amother




Orange
 

Post  Tue, Jun 02 2020, 2:55 pm
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
I have a 4 qt Hamilton Beach which I love. I would go with a 6 qt for next time though. I can fit chicken, onions and potatoes in mine, but no squash. I also can't make my chulent in it if I have guests. I love the croc pot, it's just a little small for me. It was under $50, I don't remember how much as we bought it years ago. If I find something similar online I'll edit and add link.


I actually just looked at mine, the brand is Proctor Silex. I couldn't find a link to the particular one I have, guess it was too many years ago. I'm using mine for years at least once a week usually more, and have cooked a variety of different dishes in it. Would definitely get again in bigger size.
Back to top

Einikel




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Jun 02 2020, 2:56 pm
I just did a search in target. They have quite a few different models. I linked one look at their other options too.

https://www.target.com/p/hamil.....09786
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Tue, Jun 02 2020, 3:11 pm
Einikel wrote:
I just did a search in target. They have quite a few different models. I linked one look at their other options too.

https://www.target.com/p/hamil.....09786


7 qt seems enormous.

Thanks so much everyone! Hamilton beach doesn’t have the too-hot problem?
Back to top

asmileaday




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Jun 02 2020, 3:30 pm
I like using the roaster ovens where you can control the temperature more precisely.

Nesco 4816-14 Porcelain Roaster Oven, 6 quart, White https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000.....DJMBK

I got fed up with the warm low and high settings.
Back to top


amother




OP
 

Post  Mon, Jun 08 2020, 12:12 am
I just wanted to say that I bought the Hamilton Beach crock pot to replace the Crock Pot brand crock pot, and it was loads better!!! Thank you so much! My husband thanks you!
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Please help a family who doesn't know how to vacation
by amother
6 Yesterday at 11:14 pm View last post
Please help me sleep train my 4 month old
by amother
7 Yesterday at 9:37 pm View last post
Head Banging - Help!
by amother
36 Yesterday at 8:52 pm View last post
Help my 20 yr old son is addicted to alcohol
by amother
8 Yesterday at 4:07 pm View last post
Help! DD 7 keeps kvetching and whining!!!
by amother
1 Yesterday at 3:11 pm View last post
by smss

Jump to: