Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Boys haircuts

supersmile

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 10:49 pm
Anyone have any tips for cutting boys hair?

lkwdlady

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 11:30 pm
supersmile wrote:
Anyone have any tips for cutting boys hair?

No good tips but on June 15th barber shops will be able to reopen in New Jersey.

cholenteater

Post Mon, Jun 01 2020, 11:54 pm
Depending on how you style, that makes a huge difference in how much effort needs to be put in.
My sons have a chup and regular typical haircut. I do a number 4 all around starting from the back until aprox mid the top of the head. Then I do a 6 (or an 8 depending on if I messed up last time... and did a drop too short) for the chup. For the chup I do it more from a distance, for the rest I do straight down on the head. After that I do a bit behind the ears. Then a comb + scissor to shorten peyos, and cut any straglers on the bottom near the kneck. I would say they come out pretty great but once in a while I will make a mistake, like the chup too short. It grows back tho! This is for a litvish cut.... for more yeshivish with no chup, it is much simpler. If you leave bangs, that is harder, as a chup doesn't need to be exact.
This cape was a HUGE game changer for the kids having to deal with itchyness, not kvetching about hair all over and super easy cleanup.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....title
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics