Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Cuomo Announced Day Camp Can Open!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 9:28 am
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
The camps will need to pay more from their own budget. Which likely means higher fees for parents.

They will save on trips. But rules may raise prices a lot

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 9:30 am
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
They will save on trips. But rules may raise prices a lot

They can downgrade on their program to save costs. At this point, parents and kids will be super happy with necklaces made with cheerios and licorice string and popsticks art....

rising hero

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 9:35 am
thunderstorm wrote:
Will there be strict rules? Will swimming and trips be allowed?

Honestly after last years nightmare I'll be glad if they dont do trips. They can bring in the fun.

fleetwood

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 9:39 am
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
The camps will need to pay more from their own budget. Which likely means higher fees for parents.

I don't think so. The camps always pay that,the lucky ones who get youthcorp get more. They aren't going to suddenly pay more than they always did. Especially when they now have to pay 💯 of their staff when they used to only pay a few.

pause

amother [ Denim ] wrote:
We can make a peaceful protest called daycamp.

You think they will round us up and arrest us?

When tried in court next to the looters, we will be led out with kugel to share for good behavior.

Or better yet, open school now and call it riot school. No masks, no SD.

amother
Denim

Madam F. wrote:
Honestly after last years nightmare I'll be glad if they dont do trips. They can bring in the fun.

Absolutely agree. Besides, as a Jew, I don't feel safe anywhere anymore. Keep those kids in and reintroduce the old fashioned summer fun entertainment of yesteryear. Nothing wrong with balloon fights, machanyim, and homemade carnivals of biting into apples floating in water or searching for pennies buried in a bowl of flour.

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 9:40 am
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
They can downgrade on their program to save costs. At this point, parents and kids will be super happy with necklaces made with cheerios and licorice string and popsticks art....

Honestly many kids today hav high expectations.

If camps normally have 14 kids to a counseler and 2 bunks to a room. And now can only do a fraction

And if a large part of entertainment is group singing and activity rooms and sports it may be very expensive to source alternatives.

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 9:41 am
fleetwood wrote:
I don't think so. The camps always pay that,the lucky ones who get youthcorp get more. They aren't going to suddenly pay more than they always did. Especially when they now have to pay 💯 of their staff when they used to only pay a few.

I know lots of teens bored out of their minds after an extended school closure willing to work in a daycamp for bubkas at least to have some fun!

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 9:43 am
Honestly many kids today hav high expectations.

If camps normally have 14 kids to a counseler and 2 bunks to a room. And now can only do a fraction

And if a large part of entertainment is group singing and activity rooms and sports it may be very expensive to source alternatives.

They can contact me for ideas.

Kids at this point are ready for anything as long as it doesn't involve studying or homework and is done in group setting with their friends.

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 9:47 am
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
They can contact me for ideas.

Kids at this point are ready for anything as long as it doesn't involve studying and is done in group setting with their friends.

MY KIDs right now are thrilled sitting around in a circle outside SDing And spending time with friends and biking. They make performances and created SD games and are keeping themselves very entertained and creative.
They will still want more from camp.

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 9:49 am
MY KIDs right now are thrilled sitting around in a circle outside SDing And spending time with friends and biking. They make performances and created SD games and are keeping themselves very entertained and creative.
They will still want more from camp.

So save some $$$ and continue with these arrangements.

Mine will be super happy in a simplified option of daycamp this summer.

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 9:51 am
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
So save some $$$ and continue with these arrangements.

Mine will be super happy in a simplified option of daycamp this summer.

I think they need more. That is why I want camp. I just think sitting around in circles making licorice knecklaces and singing songs will be a huge dissapointmrnt. Maybe for 4 year olds will be happy.
But not for 10 year old girls who wait for camp all year long.
(Plus I work full time now with all many kids home so if there is no school or any structure my life will just be harder)

(I send to a toned down yeshivish camp - not over the top - but I think there is a minimum that kids need)

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 9:54 am
amother [ Denim ] wrote:

love, love, love this.

I went to unsophisticated Brooklyn day camps in the 70's and 80's and have wonderful memories.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 9:55 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Wooohooooooooo

And I think anyone who’s jumping at the thought, not even knowing yet what precautions will be taken, or how safe it will be for their precious children, is the type of Mommy whose priorities might be very skewed.

giselle

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 9:57 am
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
love, love, love this.

I went to unsophisticated Brooklyn day camps in the 70's and 80's and have wonderful memories.

Regardless, kids now expect more. My kids have no interest in going to camp if there are no trips or anything exciting. They’d rather chill at home with friends.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 9:57 am
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
Absolutely agree. Besides, as a Jew, I don't feel safe anywhere anymore. Keep those kids in and reintroduce the old fashioned summer fun entertainment of yesteryear. Nothing wrong with balloon fights, machanyim, and homemade carnivals of biting into apples floating in water or searching for pennies buried in a bowl of flour.

Scratch the biting into apples, lol.
I think some kids/parents will be happy with old fashioned simple activities. Some will not, especially if the fees are higher this year.

avrahamama

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 10:00 am
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
And I think anyone who’s jumping at the thought, not even knowing yet what precautions will be taken, or how safe it will be for their precious children, is the type of Mommy whose priorities might be very skewed.

That's not fair and that's not nice. Some precious children are depressed, anxious, scared, gaining weight, bored, lonely because they might be only child or oldest child with a gap or youngest child. Some precious children have needs that require them to go out and run around and be with others. Some parents aren't good at making playdates because they don't really have other mommy friends to call and set things up with. You don't know why anyone wants anything.

Everyone has a different vantage point and different priorities.

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 10:03 am
I think they need more. That is why I want camp. I just think sitting around in circles making licorice knecklaces and singing songs will be a huge dissapointmrnt. Maybe for 4 year olds will be happy.
But not for 10 year old girls who wait for camp all year long.
(Plus I work full time now with all many kids home so if there is no school or any structure my life will just be harder)

(I send to a toned down yeshivish camp - not over the top - but I think there is a minimum that kids need)

licorice necklaces is another word for entertainment that is creative, imaginative, fun, wholesome instead of
expensive entertainment that is actually somewhat bordering on what you call in yiddish "fress and shvaultug".
Girl and Boy Scouts camps are fun and at the same time the campers learn skills. (They may never need or use the skills, but learning anything is wholesome.)
100% pure entertainment for two months 12 hours a day has become the norm.
To me it is a kind of craziness that has been normalized.

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 10:11 am
I live in the midwest. Camps are allowed to open here but most are not opening because of the rules. Social distancing, size limits, limited permitted activities and sanitation rules make it nearly impossible.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 10:16 am
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
Does this include NYC which is behind other regions?

I heard that NYC not included.
Page 2 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics