Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Cuomo Announced Day Camp Can Open!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

keym

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 3:50 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Why on earth haven't you been to the park?

People pretentd they've been quarantined, not allowed to leave their homes, for months. They haven't. Parks are open. Go out. Just socially distance.

Many people call the playground a park. Playgrounds are closed.

tigerwife

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 3:54 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
I don’t think it’s as much about the kids as it is about their mothers. Their mothers don’t want them home any more. Nothing new, same comments when they have off for snow days or too much Yom Tov vacation or too much summer days off

Clearly you don’t work.

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 3:55 pm
Kids and parents go to PLAYGROUNDS which are all CLOSED.

no logic here whatsoever

as these riot rules proved

giselle

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 3:56 pm
I don’t think it’s as much about the kids as it is about their mothers. Their mothers don’t want them home any more. Nothing new, same comments when they have off for snow days or too much Yom Tov vacation or too much summer days off

I don’t think this is necessarily true in this case. I love having my kids home and personally have no problem if there’s no camp. BUT, a few things.

1. My kids miss their friends. I’m happy spending time just as a family all the time, but they want their social life back.

2. I have a big yard and a pool. We’re pretty much set for the summer. Can’t imagine feeling the same if I was stuck in a small apartment with a lot of little kids in the hot city with limited entertainment options.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 4:04 pm
I have a pretty tough mental health issue I’m dealing with. I need these few hours alone not because I don’t love my kids but precisely because I do- this time gives me the energy to give them all that I can when they do come home.

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 4:08 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
WADR, bobbing for apples, and having dozens of hands reaching into a bowl of flour are pretty much the antithesis of safe activities these days.

You can change the water and wash the apples between kids and put on clean gloves for the flour so those activities shouldnt be a problem.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 4:11 pm
keym wrote:
Many people call the playground a park. Playgrounds are closed.

Yes, playgrounds are closed. But there's still no reason not to go to the park.

mha3484

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 4:14 pm
We go to our local park my kids want the playground. My kids need the physical movement of climbing, going on the swings the slide, the see saw. I wont go because I wont break the law but its getting very hard to walk past the playground and tell them sorry we cant go inside.

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 4:17 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
You can change the water and wash the apples between kids and put on clean gloves for the flour so those activities shouldnt be a problem.

You would sterilize the bucket between each child. And scrub the apples with soap. Each one for 20 seconds. That doesn’t sound like fun to me.

sky

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 4:20 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Why on earth haven't you been to the park?

People pretentd they've been quarantined, not allowed to leave their homes, for months. They haven't. Parks are open. Go out. Just socially distance.

WE go hiking every Sunday. But really without bathrooms it is very difficult to go with kids. You can’t travel too far or stay out too long.

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 4:23 pm
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
WE go hiking every Sunday. But really without bathrooms it is very difficult to go with kids. You can’t travel too far or stay out too long.

We take along a potty in the car... Put a bag special for this and discard after use.

sky

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 4:23 pm

Im working full time with my kids home.
Normally I do complain about vacation is too long - but I’m not complaining now because I realize this is for safety even tho it’s so hard.

But I’m a lucky I have a lovely yard and my kids have neighbors they can interact with safetly.

For ppl who don’t have that - no yard or porch and no space for kids to safely socialize this must be so difficult in every single way.
It’s nothing like vacation where you can get out and do things.

sky

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 4:25 pm
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
We take along a potty in the car... Put a bag special for this and discard after use.

I have big kids...
Even for myself I don’t want to be without a bathroom 3+ hours. I’m not using a potty. But thank you.

Reality

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 4:33 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Yes, playgrounds are closed. But there's still no reason not to go to the park.

Talk about living in a bubble. Some people live in neighborhoods with NO parks. Only playgrounds. And they don't own cars. So where should these children play?

Reality

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 4:36 pm
sky wrote:
I have big kids...
Even for myself I don’t want to be without a bathroom 3+ hours. I’m not using a potty. But thank you.

Exactly! No way my teens are using a potty in the back of a car.

It never ceases to amaze me how so many people can't see past their own situation.

No. Not everyone's oldest is five years old. Not everyone owns a car. Not everyone has a backyard.

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 4:51 pm
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
the problem is none of that will prob be allowed. That is what they do at my kids camp already

If no ball allowed then no machanayim or basketball. No jumrope. No dodgeball. No baseball.

For sure no biting apples in the same tub. Germs! And not with a mask.
I think finding activities in the approved list is hard.

OK, pin-the-tail on the donkey, guess-my-facial-expression behind the mask, treasure hunts, capture the flag, there are so many good, old fashioned activities gathering dust in our attics which would be almost free and a novelty to the children of today.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 5:10 pm
Reality wrote:
Talk about living in a bubble. Some people live in neighborhoods with NO parks. Only playgrounds. And they don't own cars. So where should these children play?

I live in NYC. No bubble here.

There are more than 80 parks in Brooklyn. Are you telling me that you don't live within 2 miles of a single one of them?

Or that every one of them is considered a playground that is completely closed? (Hint: NYC has cordoned off portions including playground equipment, but largely left other areas open. Rims were removed from basketball courts, but most were otherwise left open.)

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 5:24 pm
SixOfWands wrote:

There are more than 80 parks in Brooklyn. Are you telling me that you don't live within 2 miles of a single one of them?

Or that every one of them is considered a playground that is completely closed? (Hint: NYC has cordoned off portions including playground equipment, but largely left other areas open. Rims were removed from basketball courts, but most were otherwise left open.)

The much maligned Boro park and Williamsburg have playgrounds completely closed off. What else would you like to know?

Reality

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 5:38 pm
SixOfWands wrote:

As the amother above me pointed out, in many densely jewish areas in NYC there are no parks. And they locked up the entire playground! And the public school yards are locked up. Which makes no sense because there is barely any playground equipment in those yards. Why can't those yards be open for the kids to play?

Try to have some empathy!

giselle

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 5:41 pm
SixOfWands wrote:

So these poor kids can’t even play basketball.
Page 4 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics