Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Cuomo Announced Day Camp Can Open!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 5:51 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
And I think anyone who’s jumping at the thought, not even knowing yet what precautions will be taken, or how safe it will be for their precious children, is the type of Mommy whose priorities might be very skewed.

Do you know them amount of children that died in the United States due to covid 19?

Wait for it.....

Zero.

But since you are such a good mommy, keep your kids home with you. I really couldn’t care less.

Fabulous

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 5:52 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Do you know them amount of children that died in the United States due to covid 19?

Wait for it.....

Zero.

But since you are such a good mommy, keep your kids home with you. I really couldn’t care less.

I disagree with her statement but actually several children did die. Although, far less than from the flu

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 5:53 pm
a little empathy for each other seems that would be a given

hugs to everyone (sincere ones Smile

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 5:57 pm
Fabulous wrote:
I disagree with her statement but actually several children did die. Although, far less than from the flu

According to the cdc, no children died from covid. As per my husband, maybe he got it wrong.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 6:15 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:

Wait for it.....

Zero.

But, children pass it on to others. (Though there certainly were a few children who died from Covid in the US, though I agree, not enough to take precautions in its own right.)

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 6:15 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
According to the cdc, no children died from covid. As per my husband, maybe he got it wrong.

He did get it wrong. Children died.

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 6:20 pm
as of 5/11 there were 5 children in NY alone that died as a result of the kawasaki-like illness associated with covid.

And there were others who died of the covid infection itself

amother
White

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 7:59 pm
avrahamama wrote:
Maybe they'll open kimpeturin for us moms

Kimpeturin homes are open.
Aishes Chayil from Monroe is up and running.

sky

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 8:04 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:

Wait for it.....

Zero.

A 12 year old child did of coronavirus complications in Chicago.
But regardless it’s true that very few have died. The issue is that they can spread it.

cuties' mom

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 8:18 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
My kid's school is calling it day camp this year! Whew, am I looking forward!

I asked my son's school to do the same, but they said that it's not legal.
For those who are saying that you don't understand why parents want their kids in day camp so badly, maybe you could offer some coping strategies. I love being home with my kids, but what do you do when you're exhausted, but every time you sit down, you get yanked back up by your hair? How do you handle a nonverbal child crying hysterically for an hour straight? Is it pathetic that I'm looking forward to sending everyone back to school/camp so I could finally fold my laundry? When do you have time to get things done if every second is devoted to your kids?

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 8:19 pm
sky wrote:
A 12 year old child did of coronavirus complications in Chicago.
But regardless it’s true that very few have died. The issue is that they can spread it.

I stand corrected, but, the poster I was replying to wasn’t concerned for others, she said that moms don’t care about their kids. And we all know that the chances of kids being negatively effected by corona virus is almost non existent.

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 8:19 pm
cuties' mom wrote:
I asked my son's school to do the same, but they said that it's not legal.
For those who are saying that you don't understand why parents want their kids in day camp so badly, maybe you could offer some coping strategies. I love being home with my kids, but what do you do when you're exhausted, but every time you sit down, you get yanked back up by your hair? How do you handle a nonverbal child crying hysterically for an hour straight? Is it pathetic that I'm looking forward to sending everyone back to school/camp so I could finally fold my laundry? When do you have time to get things done if every second is devoted to your kids?

School is not legal in July but daycamp is? What’s the difference?

cuties' mom

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 8:22 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
School is not legal in July but daycamp is? What’s the difference?

Cuomo announced that all schools are closed for the summer. A school that provides 3 hours of ABA daily plus an hour of speech therapy and 45 minutes of OT can't really be called a camp, because they're not doing anything camplike.

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 8:24 pm
cuties' mom wrote:
Cuomo announced that all schools are closed for the summer. A school that provides 3 hours of ABA daily plus an hour of speech therapy and 45 minutes of OT can't really be called a camp, because they're not doing anything camplike.

Wow. Ridiculous! Really don’t understand why daycamp yes and school no. But nothing makes sense these days.

OutofTown Girl

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 8:53 pm
Reality wrote:
As the amother above me pointed out, in many densely jewish areas in NYC there are no parks. And they locked up the entire playground! And the public school yards are locked up. Which makes no sense because there is barely any playground equipment in those yards. Why can't those yards be open for the kids to play?

Try to have some empathy!

Lots of empathy to all long-suffering imas and stir-crazy kids!

Do you have access to a car? All the public school yards/playgrounds in walking distance to my house are closed, but we drive almost daily to parks and walking paths. Here are some of our favorites: Prospect Park, Marine Park, Gerritsen Park, Rockaway Beach (forgot its official name), Coney Island beach, the marina at Beford Ave. & Emmons Ave., Manhattan beach park,the area behind Lowe's next to Kings Plaza where there are benches and a nice long path along the water for scooters and bike riding... We can usually do these round-trip in 1.5 to 2 hours so no bathroom needed. (Diapers for age 3 and down.)

chestnut

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 8:58 pm
Regarding camp staff, keep in mind that they'll need to have only 10 kids per group now, so they'll need more staff. Without youth corp, it'll definitely cost them more than usual, even if paying babkis.

behappy2

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 8:58 pm
cuties' mom wrote:

That is horrible!!!!!!

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 9:01 pm
OutofTown Girl wrote:
Lots of empathy to all long-suffering imas and stir-crazy kids!

Do you have access to a car? All the public school yards/playgrounds in walking distance to my house are closed, but we drive almost daily to parks and walking paths. Here are some of our favorites: Prospect Park, Marine Park, Gerritsen Park, Rockaway Beach (forgot its official name), Coney Island beach, the marina at Beford Ave. & Emmons Ave., Manhattan beach park,the area behind Lowe's next to Kings Plaza where there are benches and a nice long path along the water for scooters and bike riding... We can usually do these round-trip in 1.5 to 2 hours so no bathroom needed. (Diapers for age 3 and down.)

Thanks for all the recommended destinations! In your experience, which of them would you say tend to be less crowded, and which are usually more popular?

gilamom

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 9:39 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
I don’t think it’s as much about the kids as it is about their mothers. Their mothers don’t want them home any more. Nothing new, same comments when they have off for snow days or too much Yom Tov vacation or too much summer days off

I can't even with this attitude. I'm the mother that's always painting, baking, crafting with her kids, now more than ever. I read to my kids not daily but hourly, I organize sports, play board games, etc. But it's been almost three months. Maybe if my kids were younger I could keep making it exciting but at this point it's getting old. I jokingly told my teenage daughter that she got every teen's wish, to be home from school on her birthday. She pushed back her slice of cake sadly and mumbled that she wasn't so hungry.
They want friends. This hasn't been emotionally healthy for the kids regardless of how the parents feel. The mothers that want the kids to have camp aren't only thinking about their own comfort, they're trying to create a semblance of normalcy for their children who are living in a world that's been out of whack for months already and is still spiraling downward. Please don't presume to know what's best for my children or me and try to think before you spout nonsense that paints every mother in a derogatory light based on previous posts that had zero to do with Covid and the situation we are now in.

honeymoon

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 9:39 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
I live in NYC. No bubble here.

There are more than 80 parks in Brooklyn. Are you telling me that you don't live within 2 miles of a single one of them?

Or that every one of them is considered a playground that is completely closed? (Hint: NYC has cordoned off portions including playground equipment, but largely left other areas open. Rims were removed from basketball courts, but most were otherwise left open.)

You don't have little kids, do you? I live in a typical Brooklyn two bedroom apartment with no porch with 3 very active kids under age six. We don't own a second car so traveling to the nearest park means taking a taxi with all the bikes. I tried it once and while I enjoyed sitting on the grass and feeling the warmth of the sun on my face, my kids rode their bikes for approx. 5 minutes before starting to whine that they want to enter the cordoned off playground.

While it's easy to tell adults to grow up and manage with what they have, keeping young children, who are out of school for close to 3 months and miss their friends, happy and occupied while living in a small apartment, with no option of going to the playground is quite a challenge. My kids can barely look at their bikes at this point because that was the only outdoor activity that was available to them for the past 2 1/2 months.
Page 5 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics