Home

NY Times changes headline “too fair” to Trump

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Cheiny

Post  Tue, Jun 02 2020, 1:51 pm
If this doesn’t prove the notion of fake news, nothing does. How despicable.

New York Times changes its front page after being ripped for being too fair to Trump in coverage of threat to use the military in U.S. cities
NYT first headline on Tuesday: 'As the chaos spreads, Trump vows to end it now'
Twitter erupted with howls of protest that the headline writers were pandering
On Monday evening police surrounding the White House tear gassed protesters
The demonstrators were gassed so Trump could leave White House for a photo
NYT later changed headline to: 'Trump threatens to send troops into states'
By HARRIET ALEXANDER FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 11:23 EDT, 2 June 2020 | UPDATED: 12:48 EDT, 2 June 2020

The New York Times on Monday night changed its front page headline after the first edition was derided as 'possibly one of the worst headlines ever written'.

With America reeling from six nights of protest in response to the killing of George Floyd, and with Donald Trump having taken to the Rose Garden on Monday night to announce he would send in the military to U.S. cities if rioting continued, the editors were under pressure to capture the moment.

Police barricading the White House tear gassed peaceful protesters on Monday evening to clear the area for Trump to leave the White House and walk to a photo opportunity at a nearby church.

The paper chose to focus on Trump's words, with the headline: 'As the chaos spreads, Trump vows to "end it now"'.

The New York Times was strongly criticized on Monday night for the headline in its paper

Keep reading at https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne......html

OBnursemom

Post  Tue, Jun 02 2020, 2:05 pm
Poor Trump. His fragile ego won’t be able to take it.

SacN

Post  Tue, Jun 02 2020, 2:16 pm
Sounds like pretty normal ab testing and optimization. They are a business. Got to do what works.

(and just because they changed what's in the headlines doesn't make it fake)

Fox

Post  Tue, Jun 02 2020, 2:17 pm
For anyone seriously interested in the phenomenon, I highly recommend following @nyt_diff on Twitter. It's a bot that tracks changes to NYT stories and headlines. Many, of course, are meaningless, but it's fascinating to see the patterns emerge. And some, of course, show the hilarious level of pandering to the NYT subscription base.

Even Alex Jones and InfoWars has more of a backbone when it comes to pandering to subscribers.

Cheiny

Post  Tue, Jun 02 2020, 2:27 pm
OBnursemom wrote:
Poor Trump. His fragile ego won’t be able to take it.

Right. Deflect from and ignore the outrageous dishonesty of the fake news media, and turn it onto more Trump hate. Never fails. Congrats.

Cheiny

Post  Tue, Jun 02 2020, 2:28 pm
SacN wrote:
Sounds like pretty normal ab testing and optimization. They are a business. Got to do what works.

(and just because they changed what's in the headlines doesn't make it fake)

Wow, defending it. Got it.

OBnursemom

Post  Tue, Jun 02 2020, 2:30 pm
Cheiny wrote:
Right. Deflect from and ignore the outrageous dishonesty of the fake news media, and turn it onto more Trump hate. Never fails. Congrats.

Have you read the NYT? See any headline about Jews and Palestinians. They like to be provocative. They do it on purpose. It’s more fun for them that Trump gets insulted so easily. So they do it more. Because it’s funny to see a grown man with such thin skin.

yo'ma

Post  Wed, Jun 03 2020, 6:09 am
OBnursemom wrote:
Have you read the NYT? See any headline about Jews and Palestinians. They like to be provocative. They do it on purpose. It’s more fun for them that Trump gets insulted so easily. So they do it more. Because it’s funny to see a grown man with such thin skin.

Highly unlikely they did it to get under Trumps skin, but to appease their readers.

PinkFridge

Post  Wed, Jun 03 2020, 8:07 am
yo'ma wrote:
Highly unlikely they did it to get under Trumps skin, but to appease their readers.

Yes
I just read an article, I think on Hamodia.com about them doing it. They've done it twice to Trump and any intelligent reader, Republican or otherwise, should feel insulted. I'll try to find the article. IIRC the other time was absolutely ridiculous.

For some reason I'm having trouble linking it. It was yesterday on the National page, Dems slam NY Times for Trump-biased Headline.

SixOfWands

Post  Wed, Jun 03 2020, 9:46 am
Just an initial reaction, without reading more. "Trump Vows to End it Now" doesn't sound particularly flattering to Trump to me. In fact, it sounds like a threat of violence against unarmed protesters. I would think that the change made it more neutral.

But the fact is that online, heds and deks get changed all the time. Things are posted quickly, refined, made less histrionic, or more histrionic, and better suited to the article. Its absurd to attribute anything to it.

#BestBubby

Post  Wed, Jun 03 2020, 11:00 am
SixOfWands wrote:
Just an initial reaction, without reading more. "Trump Vows to End it Now" doesn't sound particularly flattering to Trump to me. In fact, it sounds like a threat of violence against unarmed protesters. I would think that the change made it more neutral.

But the fact is that online, heds and deks get changed all the time. Things are posted quickly, refined, made less histrionic, or more histrionic, and better suited to the article. Its absurd to attribute anything to it.

Threat of violence against UNARMED protesters? Do you live in an alternate universe?

simcha2

Post  Wed, Jun 03 2020, 11:21 am
#BestBubby wrote:
Threat of violence against UNARMED protesters? Do you live in an alternate universe?

https://mobile.twitter.com/jor.....56320
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h