Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Nj unemployment back weeks prior to filing
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 3:26 pm
It says that in current situation you are eligible for the weeks you didn’t work, even if you filed claim later.

My kids schools closed March 18th.
Claim filed April 26.

Today is the first time weekly certification is available, but it goes back only to the week of April 26.

How do I get previous 5 weeks?

Oh, and the amount shown is still $231.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 6:28 pm
Bump

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 6:32 pm
What did you enter for last date worked?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 6:37 pm
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
What did you enter for last date worked?

March 17th

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 8:57 pm
I'm having the same issue.
Following...
I meant to email LRRC to ask them but I didn't get to it yet.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 11:28 pm
Anyone knows?

groisamomma

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 11:34 pm
Following

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 11:39 pm
Following also. I'm self employed. I tried filing multiple times but it wouldn't let me in the system. Finally let me in around April 20.
I received payment last week from April 20 but not the week's before.
My amount is also $231. I think that's the minimum for everyone.
I got paid $231 6 times. Then the following week, I got $3600- the extra $600 multiplied by 6.
That was huge.
But I'd still like to know about the first 4-5 weeks. It's a significant amount especially with the extra $600.

wow

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 12:19 am
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
Following also. I'm self employed. I tried filing multiple times but it wouldn't let me in the system. Finally let me in around April 20.
I got paid $231 6 times. Then the following week, I got $3600- the extra $600 multiplied by 6.
That was huge.
But I'd still like to know about the first 4-5 weeks. It's a significant amount especially with the extra $600.

231.00 is not the minimum. Benefits are a percent of your wages. There is a max but no minimum amount. You can get a couple of dollars as well.

hello12341

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 1:33 am
wow wrote:
231.00 is not the minimum. Benefits are a percent of your wages. There is a max but no minimum amount. You can get a couple of dollars as well.

For PUA there actually is a minimum of $231. There is no minimum earnings requirement, so if you only made very little money, you still get at least $231.
For regular unemployment, there also is a minimum because there is a minimum earnings requirement. You need to have made at least a certain amount in your base year to qualify, so the minimum is 60% of the minimum earnings.

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 9:14 am
I heard that all self-employed are getting 231. Only regular unemployment getting more if qualify.
Still waiting to hear about back weeks though.

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 10:22 am
hello12341 wrote:
You need to have made at least a certain amount in your base year to qualify, so the minimum is 60% of the minimum earnings.

Is this the case really? I only started On NJ payroll on jan 1 2020. My UI claim is still pending for about 6 weeks already. Will I never get money for it?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 4:08 pm
If anyone hears anything from LRRC or some place else about back-weeks and self-employed benefit amount correction process, please post.

I believe, for self-employed, benefit amount is based on 2019 schedule C/52weeks; so it can't be just minimum for everyone. Yet, I don't know when and how it gets corrected.

hello12341

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 7:19 pm
Its not that everyone is supposed to get the minimum. Its just that for now they are. If you read through the unemployment website, it basically explains that they are approving all PUA claims starting at the minimum payout and will individually reach out to each claimant for there income information and update the amount. Of course it doesn't say when that will happen....

"Is this the case really? I only started On NJ payroll on jan 1 2020. My UI claim is still pending for about 6 weeks already. Will I never get money for it?"
You should get money for it, because if you don't meet the minimum earning requirement you should get put on PUA, which doesn't have a minimum earning requirement.

amother
Puce

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 9:46 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
That was huge.

My husband has the same exact thing! Glad to know this issue isn’t unique to me. He tried reaching out but Couldn’t reach anywhere. No idea what to do.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 6:56 pm
Anyone has an update on back pay?

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 6:58 pm
I was told by local organizations that once approved they will eventually get to back pay.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 9:03 pm
Also, anyone knows how soon they fix the rate;

And how soon after first nj payments do federal $600 start to come in?

amother
Puce

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 1:16 am
I’m wondering what is going to happen because my husband is going back to work soon. If he goes back to work, will I never het paid up for the weeks that still haven’t backdated yet?

L K

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 7:36 pm
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
I’m wondering what is going to happen because my husband is going back to work soon. If he goes back to work, will I never het paid up for the weeks that still haven’t backdated yet?

Bumping this up.

I have this exact concern.
I can no longer claim unemployment due to kids school closures.

What’s going to be with my unpaid initial five weeks, and the benefit amount adjustment for all of the weeks when they gave me the minimum?

Last edited by L K on Tue, Jul 07 2020, 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics