Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Upper lip hair constant. What worked for you?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 9:37 pm
Dark upper lip needs constant waxing and only lasts very short until fuzz and tiny hairs grow back. What more permanent solution worked for you?
Thank you!

Einikel

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 9:42 pm
Electrolysis!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 9:58 pm
Thank you so much
Was electrolysis permanent?

Einikel

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 10:00 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you so much
Was electrolysis permanent?

I had really thick dark hair did electrolysis for about 4 years (I think) and clean since. I can probably use a touch up but yes I would say it’s pretty much permanent.

Frumwithallergies

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 10:12 pm
Electrolysis! Definitely.

Blessing1

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 10:25 pm
Laser is definitely the way to go! I did laser 12 years ago, it has recently started to come back. I'm doing laser again now.

just me!!

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 4:10 am
You shouldnt be doing laser on your face- and IPL is ineffective.
Electrolysis is the best option.
(All from personal experience)

momomany

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 5:07 am
laser and some touch up electrolysis as needed. I did it many years ago. Super happy. I think I did about 5 laser sessions

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 8:31 am
How much did you pay for electrolysis?
I've been loving masks in public. Till I went to the dentist yesterday Hiding

Blessing1

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 9:14 am
just me!! wrote:
You shouldnt be doing laser on your face- and IPL is ineffective.
Electrolysis is the best option.
(All from personal experience)

Why shouldn't you do laser on the face? I never heard of this.

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 9:17 am
I have also heard not to do laser on your face. I did electrolysis years ago and yes it is permanent. It took time but I haven't had any hair in years

Chayalle

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 9:19 am
I did laser and it was like, life-changing, for me. But since then I've heard that you shouldn't do laser on the face, and I heard that the person who did it for me doesn't do it (on the face) anymore.

Also, I think one reason laser worked so well for me is that I was in my upper 30's and have not been pg since I did it. People who undergo hormonal changes can have to repeat laser all over. Electrolysis is much more permanent in this regard.

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 9:26 am
I did electrolysis years ago. For 2 years. I go for a touch-up every couple of years. I went recently. Before that I prolly hadn't gone in 8-10 years.

Was painful. But so worth it.

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 10:01 am
Was thinking about doing electrolysis. How much would it cost per session? Any good recommendations in Boro Park?

momomany

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 10:04 am
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
Was thinking about doing electrolysis. How much would it cost per session? Any good recommendations in Boro Park?

Etti Silber has been doing this for many years. I have used her for laser and electrolysis.
Home (718) 436-5283

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 10:43 am
I also have that problem, so annoying!
I used to wax it myself, which was painful and didn't last.
Recently did laser for about 6 sessions. It burns a bit afterwards, but for dark hair it's really good!
Now I just have to use a razor on some fuzz maybe once every month but the big dark hairs are pretty much gone!

mom4eva

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 1:31 pm
I always waxed and like op it’s just becoming more and more of a pain to do because it just keeps on coming back. So I’m looking for a more permanent solution. Between electrolysis and laser which one is less painful?

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 3:17 pm
How long/how much does it take? I have very very thin light blonde fuzz, that I currently do nothing to (don't want to make it darker by waxing) but I'm super self-conscious about and I'd rather just get rid of it... any recommendations of someone in flatbush?

Blessing1

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 3:19 pm
mom4eva wrote:
I always waxed and like op it’s just becoming more and more of a pain to do because it just keeps on coming back. So I’m looking for a more permanent solution. Between electrolysis and laser which one is less painful?

I couldn't handle the pain of electrolysis. Laser is painless. But that really depends who you use and what machine they have.

mom4eva

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 6:36 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
I couldn't handle the pain of electrolysis. Laser is painless. But that really depends who you use and what machine they have.
your saying that laser was painless? I keep on hearing from people that laser hurts like crazy but the people I know who have done laser are talking about other body parts not on they’re face. Maybe laser interacts differently on different parts of skin. ?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics