Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
How to navigate social distancing

Ora in town

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 8:44 am
https://mishpacha.com/just-the-facts/

Here is a very good article in Mishpacha about myths and facts concerning Covid19.

It gives a very good overview how to keep smart social distancing once the strict lockdown is over.

What are your thoughts about it?

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 9:00 am
If I am understanding correctly, they are saying that every exposure to the virus adds to a person's viral load so that eventually these mild exposures add up to a serious case. I would have thought that it would work the opposite way; that once the virus has been in the population for awhile, the cases become milder. Am I understanding this correctly?
They do admit that long term isolation has serious repercussions so socializing must proceed with extreme caution.

Ora in town

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 9:07 am
southernbubby wrote:
If I am understanding correctly, they are saying that every exposure to the virus adds to a person's viral load so that eventually these mild exposures add up to a serious case. I would have thought that it would work the opposite way; that once the virus has been in the population for awhile, the cases become milder. Am I understanding this correctly?
They do admit that long term isolation has serious repercussions so socializing must proceed with extreme caution.

Those are two different questions...

The exposure of a single person to the virus adds up... and once a certain treshold is passed, the person will get ill and develop symptons... or develop a more severe form if more virus is added...

That's why it is more dangerous to be 3 hours with an infected person than just 5 minutes...

With every breath, you inhale virus, and the more breaths with virus you inhale, the more it accumulates.
That's why there is severe spread in offices with bad ventilation system, when one person is infected... If they stayed just 5 minutes, they would likely not become infected, but over 8 hours, the amount of virus the infected person exhales and coworkes inhale will be enough to infect the coworkers...

That's also why many health care workers had very severe forms of the virus... They were exposed to more virus, because they were around heavily infected persons over a prolongued period of time...

Ora in town

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 10:19 am
Yes, I suppose we will be into social distancing on the long run, at least till they found and distributed an efficient vaccine...

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 3:09 pm
I don't know what "strict lockdown" means. I live in Brooklyn and the doors to my building were not locked. I was under a stay at home order, though.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics