Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Grab n go in Catskills
Previous  1  2  3  Next

cookiewriter

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 10:31 pm
No one should be so judge! The schools here upstate are challishing to give out boxes. They make a nice profit on it. Good for them and good for us.
We who own up here pay nice taxes to south fallsburg and we do not send to the schools. So why shouldn’t we benefit from the govt! I Pay insane ny state taxes every year. Not just from upstate but all year round. I live in bklyn. There are two good box programs upstate

cookiewriter

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 10:32 pm
Fallsburgmeals@gmail.com

cookiewriter

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 10:33 pm
347-453-9389 Hebrew day school upstate (kosher Dw)

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 11:19 pm
What is the difference btw the two programs? Are they just run by two different sites? Does anyone know what types of food each one is giving out?

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 11:55 pm
This is a Whatsapp I received:

The Hebrew Day School will be servicing the Sullivan County area with breakfast and lunch food boxes.
To receive your food box delivered to your unit once a week beginning next Wednesday, July 1st.
Please text the name of your colony, your name, unit numer & how many children are between the ages 1-18 to 347-453-9389.
Thank you

DrMom

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 12:18 am
cookiewriter wrote:
No one should be so judge! The schools here upstate are challishing to give out boxes. They make a nice profit on it. Good for them and good for us.
We who own up here pay nice taxes to south fallsburg and we do not send to the schools. So why shouldn’t we benefit from the govt! I Pay insane ny state taxes every year. Not just from upstate but all year round. I live in bklyn. There are two good box programs upstate

How do schools earn a profit by handing out free food?

Can someone explain how this works?

chocolatecake

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 1:15 am
DrMom wrote:
How do schools earn a profit by handing out free food?

Can someone explain how this works?

The government gives approximately 5.75 for combined breakfast and lunch. If the school can produce the meals and it only costs them 4.75 per kid they earn a dollar profit. If they give out 5000 meals that’s a 5000 dollar profit.

boysrock

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 7:03 am
Someone posted this on my bungalow chat... I did not follow up. I can’t tell you if it is accurate.
The Hebrew Day School will be servicing the Sullivan County area with breakfast and lunch food boxes. To receive your food box delivered to your unit once a week beginning next Wednesday, July 1st. Please text the name of your colony, your name, unit number & how many children are between the ages 1-18 to 347-453-9389. Thank you

DrMom

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 7:44 am
chocolatecake wrote:
The government gives approximately 5.75 for combined breakfast and lunch. If the school can produce the meals and it only costs them 4.75 per kid they earn a dollar profit. If they give out 5000 meals that’s a 5000 dollar profit.

Are they supposed to use the entire $5.75?

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 10:44 am
boysrock wrote:
Someone posted this on my bungalow chat... I did not follow up. I can’t tell you if it is accurate.
The Hebrew Day School will be servicing the Sullivan County area with breakfast and lunch food boxes. To receive your food box delivered to your unit once a week beginning next Wednesday, July 1st. Please text the name of your colony, your name, unit number & how many children are between the ages 1-18 to 347-453-9389. Thank you

If kids get lunch in daycamp, can you still enroll?

watergirl

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 11:09 am
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
If kids get lunch in daycamp, can you still enroll?

I have no horse in this race. But if its one meal per day per kid, this is double dipping and a misuse of the program.

boysrock

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 11:56 am
watergirl wrote:
I have no horse in this race. But if its one meal per day per kid, this is double dipping and a misuse of the program.

I don’t get how paying for day camp and getting food packages is horse play.

ShishKabob

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 11:59 am
boysrock wrote:
It's not.

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 12:00 pm
It's a figure of speech.

watergirl

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 12:03 pm
boysrock wrote:

Either you are putting words into my mouth, misunderstanding the figure of speech I used, or deliberately twisting my words. I'm going to assume you are not familiar with the term "I don't have a horse in this race". Here you go: no horse in this race. (idiomatic) No vested interest in the outcome of a contest or debate.

It is not horse play and that's not what I meant.

ShishKabob

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 12:05 pm
When you pay for daycamp that offers lunch, it doesn't mean its a government funded lunch.
That's why it's not called double dipping if your kids get lunch at day camp, plus if you get the food boxes. That's how I see it.

watergirl

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 12:07 pm
ShishKabob wrote:
When you pay for daycamp that offers lunch, it doesn't mean its a government funded lunch.
That's why it's not called double dipping if your kids get lunch at day camp, plus if you get the food boxes. That's how I see it.

Just about every camp who provides food are using government funds to do so. There is no such thing as a free lunch and lunch service adds a significant amount of money to the tuition. Is there an extra, hefty fee for the camp lunches? I suppose the person who is asking about this should find out from the camp itself if they receive funding for the lunches and go from there, including asking a shailah.

cnc

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 1:48 pm
Hi,

Thanks for joining us for the Fallsburg Kosher lunch distribution. We hope you are enjoying the box and we welcome your comments and feedback.

We received quite a few emails asking for 'confirmations' and pick up details and wanted to address these inquiries.

As a general rule, the distribution will take place on Tuesday afternoons, in Viznitz/Gibbers (24 Gibber Road Kiamesha Lake, NY 12751). Due to the weather, food deliveries, etc, it is extremely difficult to know the exact time ahead of time, however, based on previous weeks, somewhere between 2pm and 5pm is a fair range to plan for.

Going forward, we will send out an email by Monday 12pm confirming that that there will be a distribution the following day and the next email will be on Tuesday with the exact pick up time. We will try to send that email 1-2 hours ahead of pick up time and the distribution will last at least an hour after it begins. We understand that not everyone is checking their email at every moment, however, hopefully this knowledge and schedule ahead of time will allow people to be prepared.

Lastly, we are looking for more ideas of exciting food products that we can include in future boxes. Dairy, starches, grains, fruits, vegetables, etc, Please send us your ideas Smile

Thank you

P.S. We'd love to spread the word and invite more people to partake in this FREE program. Please share this link with your upstate family, friends, and Whatsapp chats: https://docs.google.com/forms/.....hiaLA

cnc

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 1:50 pm
watergirl wrote:
Just about every camp who provides food are using government funds to do so. There is no such thing as a free lunch and lunch service adds a significant amount of money to the tuition. Is there an extra, hefty fee for the camp lunches? I suppose the person who is asking about this should find out from the camp itself if they receive funding for the lunches and go from there, including asking a shailah.

Two completely separate programs and you can get both .

Happens to be my kids’ daycamp is not enrolled in the lunch program this year for various reasons and I’m paying an additional separate fee for food.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 4:06 pm
Did anyone get today from the Hebrew Day School? I signed up but not received a confirmation or anything....
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries