Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Science and Torah
  Previous  1  2  3 12 13  14  15  Next

malki2

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 1:51 pm
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
Science and Philosophy parted ways in the 19th century.

Its really important to understand that in these discussions.

Evolution is not a belief.

Correct. It’s a religion.

amother
Apricot

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 1:52 pm
malki2 wrote:
Correct. It’s a religion.

I don't agree with you - but I'd be interested in hearing support for the claim that it is.

Ora in town

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 1:59 pm
malki2 wrote:
What you have described is know as micro-evolution and is not at all against anything. I’m talking about the belief in evolution of actual species or even organs or limbs. That’s not the same as a strain of bacteria developing resistance to an antibiotic or the adaptation of moths in London by “changing” their color from white to peppered. But if you believe in actual macro-evolution, then you’ve got a problem.

There is actually a lot of interesting research going on in this realm, at present...

As you know, the "human genome project" achieved sequencing of a full human Genome (I.e. all the 6 billion bases in the DNA) more then one decade ago.

Now, much research is devoted to identifying the function of the different genes, of finding out how one mutation in the genotype affects the phenotype...

Ora in town

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 2:04 pm
malki2 wrote:
(...)
But I see that you are with Bigsis on this as well. So I wish you both the best of luck.

You mean that now we made it to your "apikorsim" list?
While believing in the heliocentric structure of the solar system was not enough?

malki2

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 2:06 pm
I don't agree with you - but I'd be interested in hearing support for the claim that it is.

I agreed to discuss age of the universe but there is no way that I will even lower myself to debate evolution on this forum, especially with an anonymous poster. But if you want to learn the truth, you can try this book, for starters:

Heretic: One Scientist’s Journey from Darwin to Design. It’s $10 on Amazon.

amother
Apricot

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 2:08 pm
malki2 wrote:
I agreed to discuss age of the universe but there is no way that I will even lower myself to debate evolution on this forum, especially with an anonymous poster. But if you want to learn the truth, you can try this book, for starters:

I have zero desire to debate evolution. ZERO.

Whether evolution is a religion or not, is not a debate about evolution.

malki2

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 2:12 pm
I have zero desire to debate evolution. ZERO.

Whether evolution is a religion or not, is not a debate about evolution.

Good. So read this book and you will learn that it is a religion. It was written by a former evolutionist. At least read the Amazon overview.

Ora in town

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 2:13 pm
malki2 wrote:

Are you aware that those kinds of formulations might come over as somewhat condescending?

Mommyg8

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 2:17 pm
Ora in town wrote:
Are you aware that those kinds of formulations might come over as somewhat condescending?

Pot calling the kettle black, much?

Are you aware that you have been nothing but condescending (and often erroneous as well) throughout this thread?

amother
Apricot

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 2:45 pm
malki2 wrote:
Good. So read this book and you will learn that it is a religion. It was written by a former evolutionist. At least read the Amazon overview.

Okay. I've conclude that Chemistry is also a religion.

malki2

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 2:49 pm
Okay. I've conclude that Chemistry is also a religion.

That’s really funny. Maybe read the book. Or any book on the subject. There’s so many problems with the theory that even the evolutionists admit to. It’s just that they are forced to believe because “it’s not scientific to believe in something that they can’t see.” But if you hopefully believe in Hashem, then it’s really pointless to accept the “theory” with all of its problems.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 2:59 pm
malki2 wrote:
I wouldn’t necessarily call it Kefira to believe in evolution if they believe in the silly idea that Hashem created the world but through evolution. I would call it silly, because the evolutionists are forced to believe in the ridiculous theory of evolution because they don’t believe that Hashem made the world. So they have to come up with their fantasy. But if you believe that Hashem created the world, then it is even sillier to believe that all of the design in creation evolved randomly. So probably not outright kefira, just silliness. Definitely not scientific.

Really? Silly? You do realize that minds possibly greater than yours and definitely more trained in this discipline have thought about and studied this deeply and have come to the realization that it makes sense.
Why is the world coming into being as is ,with lots of evidence and paleontological evidence to the opposite, less silly than believing that Hashem made the world and set it up to develop and adapt to environmental changes?
No matter whether the theory is correct or not,
calling it silly is condescending and I feel the last recourse of someone running out of arguments.

amother
Apricot

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 3:00 pm
malki2 wrote:
That’s really funny. Maybe read the book. Or any book on the subject. There’s so many problems with the theory that even the evolutionists admit to. It’s just that they are forced to believe because “it’s not scientific to believe in something that they can’t see.” But if you hopefully believe in Hashem, then it’s really pointless to accept the “theory” with all of its problems.

I know next to nothing about the theory of evolution.

I care a lot more about the accurate depiction of what science is.

I don't think people go into evolutionary biology seeking TRUTH.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 3:04 pm
Ora in town wrote:
You mean that now we made it to your "apikorsim" list?
While believing in the heliocentric structure of the solar system was not enough?

Please!! Take me with you!!! Very Happy

malki2

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 3:05 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
Really? Silly? You do realize that minds possibly greater than yours and definitely more trained in this discipline have thought about and studied this deeply and have come to the realization that it makes sense.
Why is the world coming into being as is ,with lots of evidence and paleontological evidence to the opposite, less silly than believing that Hashem made the world and set it up to develop and adapt to environmental changes?
No matter whether the theory is correct or not,
calling it silly is condescending and I feel the last recourse of someone running out of arguments.

Minds greater than mine are also atheists. Minds greater than mine also believe in Yoshke.
Minds greater than mine also believe in space aliens seeding the planet with intelligence.
Minds greater than mine also back the rioters.
It’s not about the greatness of the mind. It’s about the straightness of the thinking process.
And you would get shambled in an argument with me on the subject. It’s not my last recourse to call it silly.

malki2

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 3:06 pm
I know next to nothing about the theory of evolution.

I care a lot more about the accurate depiction of what science is.

I don't think people go into evolutionary biology seeking TRUTH.

If you know next to nothing then trust the evolutionists to admit their issues to you. Then ask yourself why it makes sense to believe the stupidity.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 3:13 pm
malki2 wrote:
Minds greater than mine are also atheists. Minds greater than mine also believe in Yoshke.
Minds greater than mine also believe in space aliens seeding the planet with intelligence.
Minds greater than mine also back the rioters.
It’s not about the greatness of the mind. It’s about the straightness of the thinking process.
And you would get shambled in an argument with me on the subject. It’s not my last recourse to call it silly.

Come on, are you threatening me?
Can you not accept that intelligent people have thought about the theory of evolution and have come to the conclusion that it makes sense?
I am not even talking about leaving Hashem out of the picture. I absolutely believe that he is the creator just not the way you do.
Do you truly think that every single person in the scientific community who thinks like this is either deluded, stupid or misguided?
Your becoming increasingly belligerent doesn’t make you look any more competent

BTW I have made grown antivaxxers cry Very Happy

amother
Apricot

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 3:15 pm
malki2 wrote:
If you know next to nothing then trust the evolutionists to admit their issues to you. Then ask yourself why it makes sense to believe the stupidity.

I don't understand your post.

malki2

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 3:19 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
Come on, are you threatening me?
Can you not accept that intelligent people have thought about the theory of evolution and have come to the conclusion that it makes sense?
I am not even talking about leaving Hashem out of the picture. I absolutely believe that he is the creator just not the way you do.
Do you truly think that every single person in the scientific community who thinks like this is either deluded, stupid or misguided?
Your becoming increasingly belligerent doesn’t make you look any more competent

BTW I have made grown antivaxxers cry Very Happy

1. It’s not every single person in the scientific community. There are many scientists who believe in Intelligent Design. Many of them are afraid to open their mouths for fear of losing their jobs. And yes. Of course the other scientists are all absolutely wrong. Wouldn’t you say the same about brilliant scientists who are Atheists? I don’t understand your question. Haven’t you ever met a brilliant person who was wrong about something?

malki2

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 3:20 pm
I don't understand your post.

Evolutionists themselves agree that their theory is FULL of problems and that it takes a giant leap of faith to believe in Evolution. All of them admit to this. At least learn what the problems are.
Page 13 of 15   Previous  1  2  3 12 13  14  15  Next Recent Topics