Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
NYC curfew question

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 7:52 pm
I live in Long Island. My brother from lakewood was planning on coming to me for Shabbos. He has to drive on the highways in Brooklyn and Staten Island to get home Motzai Shabbos . Will he have problems because of the curfew? Was it for all five boros or just Manhatten? How are the highways for thru traffic?

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 8:03 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I live in Long Island. My brother from lakewood was planning on coming to me for Shabbos. He has to drive on the highways in Brooklyn and Staten Island to get home Motzai Shabbos . Will he have problems because of the curfew? Was it for all five boros or just Manhatten? How are the highways for thru traffic?

The curfew is all 5 boroughs.

Not sure about highway driving. I know that it specifically disallows all traffic below 96th in Manhattan except for residents and yellow cabs, which suggests that traffic is allowed elsewhere.

4sure

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 9:03 pm
We were driving on the I278 yesterday. Although we did not take the route to Manhattan we did see state troopers looking into every car that passed. It didn't look like they were stopping anyone. I would think that if he tells them he's driving home it shouldn't be a problem. But don't take my word.

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 9:04 pm
I would call nonemergency police and ask the question of them first.

HonesttoGod

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 11:09 pm
Ask the local police department.
According to the local PD, if you are tell them you are driving home they should let you go with a warning.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries