Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Will NY people go places in July and August, motels. etc?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 2:41 pm
If they dont have their own summer homes/bungalows, Will NY people go places in July and August, such as motels. etc?

Or are people more likely to stay home this summer?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 3:27 pm
We usually take a family road trip at the end of the summer but we're planning on staying home this year.

I would kind of like to rent a home in the middle of nowhere with a pool and off a lake so we can enjoy the summer a bit more than at home, but the logistics involved are rather daunting.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 3:32 pm
I'm on the email list of someone who organizes Shabbos in a hotel in NJ.
They were supposed to be renting out rooms starting in June...as of now they canceled but not related to situation...something about Hotel & Union disagreements.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 4:13 pm
My question is more:

With Covid not completely over, how comfortable would you feel staying/sleeping in a room, that you have no idea who slept there the night before and you have no idea how well it was cleaned.

amother
Black

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 4:17 pm
I would. I could always wipe down the bathroom
But the problem for me is using bathrooms along the trip. I don’t want To use rest stops or public bathrooms
I’d ptovably rather rent air bnb home instead of hotel. Or ny/nj/pa state park modern cabins

(We live in Lakewood and have no antibodies)

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 4:20 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My question is more:

With Covid not completely over, how comfortable would you feel staying/sleeping in a room, that you have no idea who slept there the night before and you have no idea how well it was cleaned.

THis kind of thing bothers people to different degrees. It doesn’t bother me much. They keep learning more about transmission but right now they’re thinking it’s kess about surfaces than they may have thought. Then again I never wiped down my groceries. We are hoping for a long weekend (family timeshare) in the poconos in July and somewhere else within driving distance in August.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries