Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Putting in our all into our kids

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 4:01 pm
I am still at the younger stages of raising my crew kh. I daven and try to raise my children to reach thr potential and be the best they possibly can on a physical, emotional/social and spiritual level. Any tips/suggestions from all of you with how to really put the most I can into my kiddies?

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 4:18 pm
Don't get burnt out. Take care of yourself, so that you feel happy, productive, not overworked/resentful & then naturally you'll be able to give your children the best you!

giselle

Let them know how much you love them and appreciate them. Thank them often. Maintain a positive environment in the home. Don’t yell at them. Don’t be afraid to apologize and admit when you make a mistake.

amother
Seagreen

Sounds like unnecessary pressure to me. We arent going to do a perfect job. Our kids arent going to "reach their potential", because no one ever does. Our job as people is to keep on working, not reach something.
The fact is, unless we make very conscious effort, we repeat how we were parented as kids.
If you want something different you need therapy, parenting courses, psychological books, and role models.

The thing children thrive off of the most are:
1. Present, loving, caring parents that genuinely accept and cherish them as they are.
2. The ability to feel and express every emotion, and being given the tools to regulate the emotions afterwards.

If they have these two things, all other chinuch is supplemental. If they dont, nothing you do will matter.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics