Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Seminary in Israel or just get a job

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 9:09 pm
So it seems things are changing daily. So much uncertainty. As of now Israel is on some sort of lockdown again.
Should my daughter just get a job? And she'll do online courses and local hashkafa?
Would Iove to hear v from other moms of seminary aged girls.
Thank you so much.

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 10:16 pm
My daughter is the same age but did not want to attend Sem in Israel (this goes back to before COVID). She is currently looking for a job. My advice to you would be to wait it out and see if/when Seminary opens, she can always look for a job at a later point.

sunspot

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 11:57 pm
From what I have seen (and I offer home based courses). Many girls are starting their training now, since they have the time and so much is up in the air. Training that can be done from home is something that can happen, while seminary can change on a whim

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 12:46 am
sunspot wrote:
From what I have seen (and I offer home based courses). Many girls are starting their training now, since they have the time and so much is up in the air. Training that can be done from home is something that can happen, while seminary can change on a whim

Thank you. You mean summer college sessions?

DrMom

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 1:28 am
Israel is not on lockdown as of this writing.

In any case, this does not seem to be the year for making international travel plans.

amother
Orange

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 1:42 am
You're not really expecting anonymous people of the world wide web to make such a life decision for you, are you?

Elfrida

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 2:03 am
Israel is not under lockdown, and there dont seem to be any imminent plans for renewing it. It would be very hard to enforce again at this stage, anyway.

There are plans to begin opening the airport in July to countries which are judged to be low risk. Depending on circumstance that may or may not be further delayed. Unless there is significant political pressure, America has got a long way to go before they can be judged low risk.

It's very hard to make plans. My father has a ticket (rolled over from Pesach) to come for the chagim. We can provide him with bidud, but we still don't know if he'll be able to fly or not.

At this stage it's all in Hashem's hands. Could your daughter start a short course that would finish outreach a suitable place to interrupt in September? That way she would be able to come to seminary if that is an option, and would have a start on training if not.

Seminaries may provide a zoom option for Elul in the hope of being able to have physical seminary later in the year.

saramalka

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 4:21 am
The seminaries are working very seriously with the ministry of health to enable seminaries and yeshivas to open.
It will be with certain limitations, but it sounds quite promising in terms of a good sem experience

Elfrida

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 4:27 am
I just heard from a friend who is a seminary teacher. She said that none of the places she works are sure what will happen next year. She teaches both in American seminaries and Israeli midrashot, so it's not just transport to Israel that is an issue.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children