Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Effect on pregnancy

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 04 2020, 11:54 pm
I am pregnant and tested negative for antibodies. Trying to figure out how dangerous Covid is for pregnancy and how careful I need to be as shuls and classes for kids/camps (in small groups) begin to open here in NJ. I'd like to hear about all the cases you've heard of of women who got Covid while expecting. Did they have a bad case? Did they have any issues with their pregnancy? Did they carry to term? Was the baby fine?

I've been trying to research the issue online but there don't seem to be any great studies out there yet, so trying to get a sense of what people have been experiencing.

amother
Coffee

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 12:43 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I am pregnant and tested negative for antibodies. Trying to figure out how dangerous Covid is for pregnancy and how careful I need to be as shuls and classes for kids/camps (in small groups) begin to open here in NJ. I'd like to hear about all the cases you've heard of of women who got Covid while expecting. Did they have a bad case? Did they have any issues with their pregnancy? Did they carry to term? Was the baby fine?

I've been trying to research the issue online but there don't seem to be any great studies out there yet, so trying to get a sense of what people have been experiencing.

Corona has only been in America for about 3 months. Considering that pregnancy is nine months, any studies would have to being women who were in their third trimester when it began. In general, there is much less risky in third trimester. But, as a fellow pregnant mommy, I would like to know the same. 😉

amother
Lavender

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 12:50 am
There was a similar thread on this yesterday. Here's the link https://www.imamother.com/foru.....02403

amother
Purple

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 6:35 am
I had it at 10 weeks. Now BH at 21 and baby seems to be doing well.

amother
Seashell

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 7:31 am
No one knows . They assume the fetus is fine. But they will have to wait and test some more, obviously. No one knows if there can be long term effects once the baby is born. Stay safe.

Ora in town

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 7:56 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

There was a study testing all women giving birth in Columbia hospital New York (is this a thing?) for Covid19...
https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/.....09316

Out of 215 women, 33 tested postive for Covid19. 4 had fever, 29 had no Covid Symptoms at admission, and there is no report of problems...

On the other hand, there have been cases that were problematic...

amother
Mauve

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 11:04 am
So now that they reopening Shuls etc. what is the story with men who have pregnant relatives living with them going to Shul? Do they need to just sit it out for the next few months?

amother
Purple

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 11:38 am
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
So now that they reopening Shuls etc. what is the story with men who have pregnant relatives living with them going to Shul? Do they need to just sit it out for the next few months?

Every man should do what he and his wife decide is best. My husband has been going to his socially distanced minyan. I’ve been going to work. I don’t myself to be in a special category (nor does my doctor)

amother
Lime

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 11:51 am
Im pregnant im going to work and shopping. no way am I locking myself up at home. Same for my husband and child.

OutofTown Girl

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 11:54 am
I heard a horror story - firsthand, they're relatives - of a pregnant woman in NJ who came down with coronavirus and things went horribly awry. (It affected the mother, not the baby: multiple system failure.) Miracle of miracles, both mother and baby survived. Statistically, I don't know if there is any significant risk.

amother
Lime

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 11:59 am
OutofTown Girl wrote:
I heard a horror story - firsthand, they're relatives - of a pregnant woman in NJ who came down with coronavirus and things went horribly awry. (It affected the mother, not the baby: multiple system failure.) Miracle of miracles, both mother and baby survived. Statistically, I don't know if there is any significant risk.

Thats very sad but I would think of it as she came down with the virus and she just happened to also be pregnant - seeing that nothing happened to the baby bh. I still am not nervous. A million and one things can go wrong during pregnancy Im just going to daven that everything goes well BEH.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics