Home

Chrome Autofill putting passwords in wrong forms

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother

OP

Post  Fri, Jun 05 2020, 2:04 am
Does anyone else have this issue? On some sites, Chrome tries to put login information into random forms. This is a potential security issue, because it can lead to accidentally submitting the password where it doesn't belong. Is there any way to use the password storing feature without this problem?

Last edited by amother on Fri, Jun 05 2020, 3:13 am; edited 1 time in total

forgetit

Post  Fri, Jun 05 2020, 2:12 am
I don't have it, but I wouldnt be more concerned about this than I would be about inserting my password into the proper field. Why the distinction?
If you're concerned, perhaps decline the invite to save it (in the pop up box.)
Alternatively, I wonder if something like Last Pass might help.

amother

OP

Post  Fri, Jun 05 2020, 2:16 am
forgetit wrote:
I don't have it, but I wouldnt be more concerned about this than I would be about inserting my password into the proper field. Why the distinction?

I'm not sure what you mean by that.

Last edited by amother on Fri, Jun 05 2020, 3:13 am; edited 1 time in total

forgetit

Post  Fri, Jun 05 2020, 2:21 am
I may have misunderstood. Do you have auto fill for the password in its proper place?
Are you saying that you get random auto fills when you don't want to fill in a form?

amother

OP

Post  Fri, Jun 05 2020, 3:08 am
I Googled it and it seems it was caused by an update that solved the problem of it not recognizing certain forms, but there's no solution for this. Basically, it puts in the username and password in forms where it doesn't make sense, for example, as the name and address for something. If I were to submit such a form, I'd be giving the password. I had to disable the feature.
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h