Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Lego to stop promoting police toys
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 12:49 pm
https://matzav.com/pathetic-le.....sets/

How utterly ridiculous!

amother
Orange

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 12:53 pm
I can't help to notice they reported someone else's story verbatim - and editorialized it by adding the word 'Pathetic' to the headline.

amother
Coral

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 12:54 pm
You know what? They just lost a big customer! And I am sure we are not the only ones.

Just makes it seem like this whole supposed groundswell is anti trump anti American and anti rule of law/ civilization

amother
Taupe

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 12:56 pm
I don’t like that police officers are being turned into all around bad guys. What happened to teaching kids, “If you’re lost, find a policeman to help you”? Most cops are good guys.

amother
Chocolate

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 12:57 pm
What happened to looking up to our police? What happened to the police being untouchable?

flowerpower

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 12:59 pm
This is getting more bizarre by the hour. What’s next? Editing them out of all children's storybooks?

giselle

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 1:03 pm
Nothing new. Liberals have always hated cops. They tend to get in the way of anarchic activities like rioting.

amother
Papaya

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 1:08 pm
Banging head Can't Believe It Puke

Speechless

thriver

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 1:13 pm
Verify your news ladies.

Statement from LEGO:

We’ve seen incorrect reports saying we’ve removed some LEGO sets from sale. To be clear, that is not the case and reports otherwise are false. Our intention was to temporarily pause digital advertising in response to events in the US. We hope this clears things up. ♥️

thunderstorm

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 1:16 pm
thriver wrote:
Verify your news ladies.

Statement from LEGO:

We’ve seen incorrect reports saying we’ve removed some LEGO sets from sale. To be clear, that is not the case and reports otherwise are false. Our intention was to temporarily pause digital advertising in response to events in the US. We hope this clears things up. ♥️

That’s exactly what the OP says . LEGO is stopping to PROMOTE these sets. Whatever you wrote above is written on the OPs article that she linked

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 1:16 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
What happened to looking up to our police? What happened to the police being untouchable?

They kneeled on George Floyd's neck for nearly 9 minutes until he died.

They fired 41 shots at Amidou Diallou, 19 of which hit him, claiming that they mistook him for a rape suspect.

They shot and killed Michael Brown

They shot and killed Tamir Rice, a 12 year old boy holding a toy gun

They choked Eric Garner until he died.

Freddie Gray. Sandra Bland. Walter Scott. Philandro Castille. Alton Sterling. And others.

About 1 in 1,000 black men and boys in America can expect to die at the hands of police

While whites are less likely to be shot or hurt while being taken into custody.

Not all police are bad. Most are good. But why on earth should these people be untouchable?

thriver

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 1:19 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
That’s exactly what the OP says . LEGO is stopping to PROMOTE these sets. Whatever you wrote above is written on the OPs article that she linked

Oops. My mistake.

thriver

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 1:19 pm
But not stopping. Just pausing

Cheiny

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 1:20 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
https://matzav.com/pathetic-lego-to-stop-promoting-white-house-police-toy-sets/

How utterly ridiculous!

Not only ridiculous, but despicable. I guess they want young, impressionable minds to believe police are all bad. Yes, that will really help promote peace between police and the community.

amother
Orange

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 1:21 pm
thunderstorm wrote:

The reaction to LEGO stopping to promote police toys during a particularity charged time - is somewhat over the top IMHO.

Is it really Pathetic?

If the story was "and in other news - LEGO is upped their marketing of their Police Sets".... I know my (middle of the road) response would be "ugg, really??"

Cheiny

amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:

(Some in) the black community, and liberals have happened.

thriver wrote:
Verify your news ladies.

Statement from LEGO:

Oh that makes it so much better! They’re pulling back now “into a pause” because of outrage and backlash from sane people. Shameful. BOYCOTT LEGO!!!

Last edited by Cheiny on Fri, Jun 05 2020, 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

SixOfWands

thriver wrote:
But not stopping. Just pausing

Of course.

It would be tone deaf to promote those toys right now. Lego wants to make money.

Mothers

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 1:24 pm
Cheiny wrote:
Not only ridiculous, but despicable. I guess they want young, impressionable minds to believe police are all bad. Yes, that will really help promote peace between police and the community.

Just curious: What - in your opinion - would help promote peace between police and the community?

Rutabaga

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 1:25 pm
I don't get the outrage here.

They're not pulling their police sets off the shelves. They're just not advertising them during the current volatile circumstances. It's probably more a business decision than anything else. In this age of social media they probably just don't want to be targeted.

amother
Peach

Post Fri, Jun 05 2020, 1:26 pm
flowerpower wrote:
This is getting more bizarre by the hour. What’s next? Editing them out of all children's storybooks?

These protestors have no jobs or school to go to so they will continue to protest and demand things until things open up again. First they asked for the cops involved to be charged, they got that. Then they asked to defund the police and they are getting that at least in L.A. so the protests will continue for this in other cities. Then they will ask for housing for everyone, reparations, freeing every minority (not including Jews) from prison, removing confederate statutes, open borders, expelling white people from America, and so on so forth. If we dont reopen our cities soon then we will see continued protests and politicians that pander to them and give them what they want, one demand at a time. Time to reopen and let everyone go back to work and school.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics