Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Do very unattractive people know they’re very unattractive?
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 7:32 pm
I don’t mean to be mean but there’s a woman I know of who goes on Facebook and keeps putting up selfies of herself and she really is very very noticably unattractive and I’m just thinking, doesn’t she see what other people see? This isn’t a case of everybody having different taste, this is someone who’s Looks are very off putting, But she puts up pics look I dyed my own hair look this is me with my new baseball cap on. So do very unattractive people really not know how they look?

happyone

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 7:32 pm
at least she has a healthy self esteem!

mommy3b2c

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 7:45 pm
What is scary about her?

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 7:49 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I don’t mean to be mean but there’s a woman I know of who goes on Facebook and keeps putting up selfies of herself and she really is very very homely and I’m just thinking, doesn’t she see what other people see? This isn’t a case of everybody having different taste, this is someone who’s really scary ugly. But she puts up pics look I dyed my own hair look this is me with my new baseball cap on. So do ugly people really not know they’re ugly?

Feel free to unfollow her. Maybe ask yourself why this is bothering you? She seems to have accepted herself and is prideful of that. Maybe you need to do your own work or learning to love yourself so that you can freely post selfie pics of yourself on Facebook.

amother
Olive

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 7:52 pm
So homely people should hide their faces? Perhaps the purpose of selfies (generally an update of one's daily life) is not to show off how well you meet conventional and sometimes arbitrary standards of beauty.

yksraya

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 7:52 pm
Maybe she doesn't have "good looks" but I would not consider gods creations "ugly". She can be beautiful on the inside.

What I call "ugly" is people with no good middos.

Looks are so relative. While one finds her not so pretty, someone else might actually think of her as pretty. I'm glad she is proudly posting pics of herself.

shmosmom

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 8:03 pm
Do people really call other people ugly?
I didn't think I live in a bubble but maybe I do.
There's a few people who look absolutely gorgeous, and the rest of us are beautiful.
Ugly? That's a new one.

tigerwife

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 8:17 pm
Only pretty people can post selfies?

sky

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 8:22 pm
Whenever I hear anyone described as ugly It makes me think of Rabbi Shlomo carelbach black volf story:
“If you are ugly then they look ugly. “

Fave

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 8:37 pm
yksraya wrote:
Maybe she doesn't have "good looks" but I would not consider gods creations "ugly". She can be beautiful on the inside.

What I call "ugly" is people with no good middos.

Looks are so relative. While one finds her not so pretty, someone else might actually think of her as pretty. I'm glad she is proudly posting pics of herself.

I was just gonna post this. Every human being has a tzelem alukim and should never be considered ugly.

Stars

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 8:44 pm
Yup ugly are the ones with bad middos. I teach this to my kids but I truly believe that everyone is beautiful. Maybe some more than others but even people with facial deformities can be seen as beautiful if you look a bit further.

amother
Burlywood

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 8:44 pm
Ok. I will take the hint and stop posting pics of myself.
Thank you for letting me know how offensive and ugly I am.

Bruria

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 8:47 pm
Are you for real OP? Lol

amother
Linen

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 8:53 pm
do ugly people know that they are ugly or do they think they are beautiful? I kind of think of it as a mother with an ugly child- she loves that child so much so she thinks her child is beautiful. So maybe people who love themselves and have a good self esteem think they are beautiful. I have a friend who is always referring to herself as barbie doll looks, Im so gorgeous etc.. she is always hinting about how stunning she is and personally I think she looks nice but shes no beauty queen in the way she seems to think of herself. so I think people who love themselves tend to think they are prettier than they are.
on that note- everyone should love themselves !

I do agree with other posters here though that posting selfies and having a good healthy self esteem is great! and should not be discouraged because someone else might not think you look good!

Rappel

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 8:54 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I don’t mean to be mean but there’s a woman I know of who goes on Facebook and keeps putting up selfies of herself and she really is very very homely and I’m just thinking, doesn’t she see what other people see? This isn’t a case of everybody having different taste, this is someone who’s really scary ugly. But she puts up pics look I dyed my own hair look this is me with my new baseball cap on. So do ugly people really not know they’re ugly?

Always a great way to start a discussion. Rolling Eyes

OP, there's a wonderful fable of Aesop about a donkey whom wears a lion's skin. You may enjoy it.

https://fablesofaesop.com/the-......html

Last edited by Rappel on Sat, Jun 06 2020, 9:02 pm; edited 2 times in total

malki2

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 9:00 pm
sky wrote:
Whenever I hear anyone described as ugly It makes me think of Rabbi Shlomo carelbach black volf story:
“If you are ugly then they look ugly. “

This.
“If they are ugly, gevald are you ugly!”

abmom2

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 9:00 pm
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder...

Kiwi13

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 9:04 pm
They might not know YOU think they're ugly...
(should probably stay that way)

amother
Natural

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 9:04 pm
Some do, some don't, and some should know... as long as they have a healthy self esteem or are trying to do so, no need to be concerned about what they do or don't post.

chanatron1000

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 9:09 pm
Even if you do choose to describe someone with a particular set of physical features as ugly, why should being ugly mean not getting to post selfies?
Page 1 of 7   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics