Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Resting b**** face

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 12:27 am
Anyone else have this?
I have the most serious rbf. I am not ugly “by mainstream beauty classification” but I’m not pretty either.
My eyes, for some reason, are very piercing, when I don’t smile people have commented they look like “mean or angry eyes” when I was actually feeling non of those feelings.
My face seems to be doing its own thing-by the comments and observations I have gotten in the past-without reflecting my true feelings inside.
I am not a angry person and I am easy going for the most part, but this seems to be misleading.
I learnt from an early age to smile a lot, that’s the only time my rbf goes away.
Anyone here with any advice or just someone to relate?

amother
Amber

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 12:38 am
Definitely relate. This has gotten me in trouble so many times with teachers in school. I’ve learned to adjust my expressions over the years. But I’m loving the mask right now I can just relax while shopping nobody can see my rbf!!

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 12:43 am
What is rbf

Last edited by amother on Sun, Jun 07 2020, 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 12:43 am
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
Definitely relate. This has gotten me in trouble so many times with teachers in school. I’ve learned to adjust my expressions over the years. But I’m loving the mask right now I can just relax while shopping nobody can see my rbf!!

Oh. My. Gosh

Sameee! I thought I was the only person feeling like this is giving me some “relief” and escape

etky

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 1:31 am
The only reason I am familiar with this term is b/c my teenage daughter uses it to describe herself.
I'm still not exactly sure what she means by it but I gotta say I despise the term and hate it when she uses it.
It's a horrible way to refer to oneself.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 1:34 am
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
What is rbf

Resting bit** face. It’s just means the combination of your face muscles contacts into mean look

amother
Red

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 1:52 am
I also have it, my resting face is a frown. I always look angry. The only way to fix it is with botox.

heidi

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 1:57 am
I have it.
People think I'm angry or annoyed when I'm actually just sitting there.
I try to smile more but hate smiling bcz then my multiple chins are more obvious.
Kind of a lose lose situation.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 3:14 am
I've never been accused of having it, but I think people who do can also seem more powerful/confident/not desperate to please, so ladies, if you have this, don't change a thing!

chmom

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 6:46 am
If it bothers you some well placed Botox can really make a difference

chanatron1000

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 7:01 am
If it bothers you, eye makeup with the right balance and placement of light and dark can make your eyes look smilier.

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 10:05 am
I have it and I like it. People know not to bother me lol.

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 10:09 am
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
I have it and I like it. People know not to bother me lol.

Maybe your just an actual bi***

Jk

Sorry couldn't resist..

flmommy

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 10:43 am
Can you try to smile more? Would that help by overcompensating? I also have a frown when not actively smiling?

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 10:06 pm
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
Maybe your just an actual bi***

Jk

Sorry couldn't resist..

Ugh stopit

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 10:11 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
I've never been accused of having it, but I think people who do can also seem more powerful/confident/not desperate to please, so ladies, if you have this, don't change a thing!

I’m the opposite of a be I tee cee h.
I’m the polar opposite. I make sure everyone else is taken care and respectful of others and really go out of my way to be a kind human.
So yes, it bothers me when people get such a different message from my face than what’s in my heart. When they comment on my facial expression I ofc can communicate what I’m feeling and clarifyc but all the other times ppl just think I judge them or think negatively of what they’re doing
Unless I smile 24/7 which can be pretty exhausting on my jaws

seeker

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 11:55 pm
chanatron1000 wrote:
If it bothers you, eye makeup with the right balance and placement of light and dark can make your eyes look smilier.

Detailed how-to please?
I wouldn't say my resting face is actually b*tchy but it's some level of unhappy and I wish I could make myself look more smiley without so much effort of actually smiling.

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 12:17 am
seeker wrote:
Detailed how-to please?
I wouldn't say my resting face is actually b*tchy but it's some level of unhappy and I wish I could make myself look more smiley without so much effort of actually smiling.

I do light pink blush high up on cheekbone.
Absolutely NO black gothic eyeliner all around the eye especially the waterline. Makes your eyes look more beady...
Can do a white beige shimmer eyeshadow corner of your eyes, lashes side swept. Doll like.

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 12:26 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m the opposite of a be I tee cee h.
I’m the polar opposite. I make sure everyone else is taken care and respectful of others and really go out of my way to be a kind human.
So yes, it bothers me when people get such a different message from my face than what’s in my heart. When they comment on my facial expression I ofc can communicate what I’m feeling and clarifyc but all the other times ppl just think I judge them or think negatively of what they’re doing
Unless I smile 24/7 which can be pretty exhausting on my jaws

I feel you...I also feel that I go out of my way...and I’m happy to. My friends know me to be a generous kind human being. I’m really not interested in sticking around those people who think they can comment on my expression if we aren’t close enough?
Would you believe my own mom and siblings still don’t even get it....they ask me what’s wrong with you why are you having an attitude and I’m like what I’m just standing here...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics