Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
How could the world fall for the false BLM narrative?
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 12:29 am
https://www.google.com/amp/s/w.....19883

What am I missing? The clear facts show that there is no racist police brutality. How could the entire America fall for the false BLM narrative that is being perpetuated by the protesters and liberal voices?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 12:31 am
How are you falling for the narrative that everyone is on side with BLM?

DrMom

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 12:35 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/the-myth-of-systemic-police-racism-11591119883

What am I missing? The clear facts show that there is no racist police brutality. How could the entire America fall for the false BLM narrative that is being perpetuated by the protesters and liberal voices?

Well, the media is pushing their narrative relentlessly.

yksraya

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 12:40 am
While most police officers are not racist. There definitely are some racists in the police force, just as there are racists all over.

While the BLM might not do the protests in a very smart way, it's not smart to deny that racism exists.

LovesHashem

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 4:59 am
Police Brutality exists.

Not everyone understand if you #BLM you are joining a political party, and associating yourself with certain organizations and political ideas.

I think especially millennials that are young are just trying to say that everyones life matters.

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 8:17 am
How does that exceedingly short opinion article show clear facts? You’d have to post a study to assert facts from an article.

DrMom

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 9:01 am
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
How does that exceedingly short opinion article show clear facts? You’d have to post a study to assert facts from an article.

If you have WSJ access, you can see the full article with stats beyond the WSJ firewall.

Here are other articles by this (excellent and very precise) author:

https://www.manhattan-institut.....tings

Here is also an excellent interview with Larry Elder, a commentator who cites some of Heather Mac Donald's studies:

And here is a presentation by Heather MacDonald herself (she begins to speak at 2:10):

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 9:11 am
amother [ Tan ] wrote:

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 9:14 am
It's the liberal agenda. Never mind the truth.

Bsimcha

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 9:35 am
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
It's the liberal agenda. Never mind the truth.

When people stop and realize, they hopefully will use their own brains!

Many feel if they publicly say BLM is baloney, they will be called a racist

southernbubby

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 9:51 am
Bsimcha wrote:

People usually vote with their feet and those are the votes that count. It looks real good if I march in solidarity and then go home to my well protected white neighborhood. I would not want to live, shop or operate a business in an area with no police protection.
Some cities are probably going to experience a significant amount of white flight, even among liberal Democrats who don't mind matching in protest.

shoshanim999

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 9:57 am
Bsimcha wrote:

The standard of being called a racist is much lower than saying BLM is baloney. Simply saying all lives matter, or looting is bad, is enough to be called a racist.

I believe that these protests have done irreparable harm to the black community. I'd say that there is systemic racism in the black community against white people and it's been exposed these past few days.

Last edited by shoshanim999 on Sun, Jun 07 2020, 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 10:02 am
shoshanim999 wrote:
The standard of being called a racist is much lower than saying BLM is baloney. Simply saying all lives matter, or looting is bad is enough to be called a racist.

I believe that these protests have done irreparable harm to the black community. I'd say that there is systemic racism in the black community against white people and it's been exposed these past few days.

saying "all lives matter" isn't racist...

Its clearly a response... and I can't figure out how its favorable one.

avrahamama

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 10:04 am
southernbubby wrote:
People usually vote with their feet and those are the votes that count. It looks real good if I march in solidarity and then go home to my well protected white neighborhood. I would not want to live, shop or operate a business in an area with no police protection.
Some cities are probably going to experience a significant amount of white flight, even among liberal Democrats who don't mind matching in protest.

I was thinking the same thing. I can't imagine half the people that are trying to bully their mayor into defunding or dismantling a police department actually wanting to live in those neighborhoods. I understand they want to defund police and then pour the money into social work, education, etc. And I see that helping a lot. But social workers can't really protect battered women and children. Social workers can't stop drug dealers. Social workers can help but they need police.

I don't know much about about this. But wouldn't not be better to recruit more poc?

CiCi

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 10:05 am
yksraya wrote:
While most police officers are not racist. There definitely are some racists in the police force, just as there are racists all over.

While the BLM might not do the protests in a very smart way, it's not smart to deny that racism exists.

There are black cops that are racist against whites, there are cops that are racist against Latinos and other minorities, and there are anti-Semitic cops.

The reason we don't get killed is because we don't put ourselves in situations that could get us killed. But there are plenty of whites, more than blacks, that get killed by police.

The ridiculous thing about the supposed racism against blacks by police is that there is a huge percentage of cops that are black. Not just a small minority, but to me it appears that 30-40% of cops are black, especially in cities inhabited by large black populations which is where most of the black people get killed by the police.

Shouldn't we Jews start riots because of all the hate we have from the black community? There's way more hate towards us from the black community than hate some individual police officers have towards blacks.

Last edited by CiCi on Sun, Jun 07 2020, 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 10:08 am
avrahamama wrote:
I was thinking the same thing. I can't imagine half the people that are trying to bully their mayor into defunding or dismantling a police department actually wanting to live in those neighborhoods. I understand they want to defund police and then pour the money into social work, education, etc. And I see that helping a lot. But social workers can't really protect battered women and children. Social workers can't stop drug dealers. Social workers can help but they need police.

I don't know much about about this. But wouldn't not be better to recruit more poc?

Dismantle is radical. Defund is reasonable. Collaborative approaches.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 10:12 am
We all know that this turned into a full blown agenda. Either you side with blm or we are no longer associating with you. If you don’t post something on your social media page obviously you are a racist and we will call you out and unfollow you. If you are a business and didn't sent a bulk email stating that you are donating to the black community you are a racist. Its a form of bullying in my opinion.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 10:23 am
flowerpower wrote:
We all know that this turned into a full blown agenda. Either you side with blm or we are no longer associating with you. If you don’t post something on your social media page obviously you are a racist and we will call you out and unfollow you. If you are a business and didn't sent a bulk email stating that you are donating to the black community you are a racist. Its a form of bullying in my opinion.

It's a form of bullying but it's legal and I can see any group doing that on some level. For example, don't LGBT groups do that? Or do they?

CiCi

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 10:43 am
southernbubby wrote:
It's a form of bullying but it's legal and I can see any group doing that on some level. For example, don't LGBT groups do that? Or do they?

Not every group does that, but yes, LGTBQs and their supporters do massive bullying of those who don't buy into their narrative.

groisamomma

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 10:51 am
It's just a fancy name for extortion.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics