Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
GO VOTE!!!

Mimisinger

Post Tue, Feb 05 2008, 10:17 am
Ladies, today's the day! Go vote! It doesn't matter who, just do your civic duty!

amother

Post Tue, Feb 05 2008, 10:20 am
I'd love to, but I forgot whether I registered or not. How can I know?

bashinda

Post Tue, Feb 05 2008, 9:08 pm
Oops. completely forgot. Better not tell my mom!

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Feb 05 2008, 9:17 pm
I held my nose, gagged, and voted for HIllary. The lesser of 2 evils.

cookielady

Post Tue, Feb 05 2008, 9:18 pm
If you dont vote, you don't count!!

Mommish

Post Tue, Feb 05 2008, 10:53 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
I held my nose, gagged, and voted for HIllary. The lesser of 2 evils.

I was going to do the same, but couldn't bring myself to actually do it. I'll vote in the general election, though.

amother

Post Tue, Feb 05 2008, 11:04 pm
Yeah, I see that the Williamsburg Mosdos urged people to vote for Hillary.
Now what are they going to do with pictures in their newspapers once she wins? lol

amother

Post Tue, Feb 05 2008, 11:24 pm
I voted for romney. I absolutely think he is wonderful. beautiful family too.

TzenaRena

Post Wed, Feb 06 2008, 12:17 am
too bad I'm registered democrat Sad MamaBear, why is Hillary better than Obama?

In the general election, I'll vote republican.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Feb 06 2008, 3:20 am
I think Obama is more left wing

PinkandYellow

Post Wed, Feb 06 2008, 3:35 am
I have heard that despite what obama pretends to be, he is going to be bad for israel. so for us in israel I think we need to 'hold our noses, gag and vote for hillary'.

PinkandYellow

Post Wed, Feb 06 2008, 3:53 am
PinkandYellow wrote:
I have heard that despite what obama pretends to be, he is going to be bad for israel. so for us in israel I think we need to 'hold our noses, gag and vote for hillary'.

sorry, I'm so politically ignorant. embarrassed I just realized that we won't be voting till next yr nov and so I need to change the quote to 'hold our noses, gag and pray for hillary'.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Feb 06 2008, 4:05 am
It's a calculated risk. Hillary has more chances to be elected than Obama, but she'll be muuuuuch better than Obama for Israel/Jews. According to my uncle who is in Israeli politics.

PinkandYellow

Post Wed, Feb 06 2008, 4:22 am
I got this in an email. I didn't read through it (only skimmed) and take no responsibility cuz I don't much understand it anyways.

"Aspire to inspire before you expire"

Judith Trachtman, Academic & Financial Coordinator
Dept. of Materials Science and Engineering, Drexel University
Philadelphia, PA 19104 (215) 895-2328 (Office), (215) 895-6760 (FAX)

Israel Commentary
>> Neglected information and opinion relative to Israel, the Middle East and >> the immediate world.
>> January 19, 2008
>> Barack Obama and Israel
>> The American Thinker, January 16, 2008
>> Redacted from an article by Ed Lasky

>> The ascent of Barack Obama from state senator in Illinois to a leading >> contender for the Presidential nomination in the span of just a few years >> is remarkable - Especially, in light of a noticeably nremarkable >> record -- a near-blank slate of few accomplishments and numerous missed >> votes. However, in one area of foreign policy that concerns millions of Americans, he does have a record and it is a particula rly troubling one. For all supporters of the America-Israel relationship there is enough information beyond the glare of the klieg lights to give one pause. In contrast to his canned speeches filled with "poetry" and uplifting aphorisms and delivered in a commanding way, behind the campaign façade lays a disquieting pattern of behavior.
One seemingly consistent theme running throughout Barack Obama's career is his comfort with aligning himself with people who are anti-Israel
advocates. This ease around Israel animus has taken various forms. As
Obama has continued his political ascent, he has moved up the prestige
scale in terms of his associates. Early on in his career he chose a church headed by a former Black Muslim who is a harsh anti-Israel advocate and who may be seen as tinged with anti-Semitism. This church is a member of a denomination whose governing body has taken a series of anti-Israel actions. As his political fortunes and ambition climbed, he found support from George Soros, multibillionaire promoter of groups that have been consistently harsh and biased critics of the American-Israel relationship.
>> Obama's soothing and inspiring oratory sometimes vanishes when he talks of the Middle East. Indeed, his, off-the-cuff, remarks have been
uniformly taken by supporters of Israel as signs that the inner Obama
does not truly support Israel. This despite what his canned speeches and
essays may contain. Now that Obama has become a leading Presidential
candidate, he has assembled a body of foreign policy advisers who signal
that a President Obama would likely have an approach towards Israel
radically at odds with those of previous President s (both Republican and
Democrat). A group of experts collected by the Israeli liberal newspaper,
Haaretz, deemed him the candidate likely to be least supportive of
Israel. He is the candidate most favored by the Arab-American community. When Obama moved to Chicago and became a community organizer, he found it expedient to choose a Christian church to join. Even though his father and stepfather were both Muslims and he attended a Muslim school while living in Indonesia, suspicions based on his days as a child are overheated and unfair. Still, his full name alone conveys the biographical fact that he has some elements of a Muslim background.
Saul Alinsky, whose philosophy infused community organizing in Chicago,
emphasized the importance of churches as a basis for organizing. There
are literally hundreds of churches on the South Sid e of Chicago that
Obama could have chosen. He selected one that was headed by Reverend Jeremiah Wright, Jr. The anti-Israel rants of this minister have been well chronicled. Among the gems: The Israelis have illegally occupied Palestinian territories for almost 40 years now. It took a divestment campaign to wake the business community up concerning the South Africa issue. Divestment has now hit the table again as a strategy to wake the business community up and to wake Americans up concerning the injustice and the racism under which the Palestinians have lived because of Zionism. Pastor Jeremiah Wright, Jr. is a supporter of Louis Farrakhan (who called Judaism a "gutter religion" and depicted Jews as "bloodsuckers" ) and traveled with him to visit Col. Muammar al-Gaddafi, archenemy of Israel's and a terror supporter. T ucker Carlson of MSNBC has called Pastor Wright a total hater and wondered why the ties that bind Obama to Wright have not been given greater scrutiny. Mickey Kaus of Slate has also wondered when the ties between Obama and Wright will receive more criticism, given Wright's seeming bigotry, which is in contrast to the soothing melody of unity that Obama has trumpeted on the campaign trail. Some in the media have taken notice.
>> As Obama took steps toward the United States Senate he found a very powerful sugar daddy who would help fund his rise: George Soros. The billionaire hedge fund titan began supporting Obama very early -- as
befits a legendary speculative investor always looking for opportunities.
Obama coveted support from George Soros and Soros responded -- along with many family members and probably the Soros ring of wealthy donors. Soros even found a loophole that allowed him and assorted family members to exceed regular limits on campaign contributions. Soros is also a fierce foe of Israel, for years funding groups that have worked against Israel. Every Presidential candidate assembles a foreign policy team of advisers. A glimpse into the makeup of Obama's team has leaked to the media. Martin Peretz of The New Republic -- a supporter of Obama and of Israel -- had this to say about Obama's Foreign Policy team: "I have my qualms, as you may know, about Barack Obama, and most especially about what his foreign policy might be. If elected (and
actually before he were to be elected), the first decision he would have
to make would be who would represent him in the transition to power from early November to January 20. And, frankly, I get the shudders since he has indicated that, among others, they would be Zbigniew Bzrezinski Anthony Lake, Susan Rice and Robert O. Malley." Lake and Brzezenski both earned their spurs in the Carter Administration. Jimmy Carter, of course, has led a very public campaign of vilification against Israel-defaming it as an apartheid state (a view that Obama's Pastor would concur with). The appointment of Brzezenski elicited much dismay among supporters of Israel since Brzezinski is well known for his aggressive dislike of Israel. . He has been an ardent foe of Israel for over three decades and newspaper files are littered with his screeds against Israel. Brzezinski has publicly defended the Walt-Mearsheimer thesis that the relationship between America and Israel is based not on shared values and common threats but is the product of Jewish pressure. Brzezinski also signed a letter demanding dialogue with Hamas - a group whose charter calls for the destruction of Israel and is filled with threats to Jews around the world. Susan Rice was John Kerry's chief foreign policy adviser when he ran for President. One of the major steps Kerry suggested for dealing with the Middle East was to appoint James Baker and Jimmy Carter as negotiators. Robert Malley was part of the American negotiating team that dealt with Yasser Arafat at Camp David. He has presented a revisionist history of those negotiations since then: presenting a view that blames Israel for the failures of the negotiations. He has spent years representing the Palestinian point of view, co-writing a series of anti-Israel articles with Hussein Agha - a former Arafat adviser. Palestinian advocate. ...
>> etc. etc.
>> USA and Israel supporters: Please take note.
>> Posted by Jerome S. Kaufman at 07:27 PM | Comments (0

PinkandYellow

Post Wed, Feb 06 2008, 4:22 am
^^ sorry so long. I didn't realize.

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Feb 06 2008, 10:57 am
Obama is a newbie, at least Hillary has experience and is my own senator. I'm voting republican in the general election iyh!

ny21

Post Thu, Feb 07 2008, 3:00 pm
I voted ,

amother

Post Thu, Feb 07 2008, 3:32 pm
I am in VA and I am going to vote for OBAMA!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries