Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Next Year Registration

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 7:16 pm
What are people doing about school registration for next year, about committing to tuition in the (hopefully small) chance of another closure?
Looking for advice, paying what I am mechuyav to as per my rav for this year, but concerned about not getting into the same situation next year.

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 7:24 pm
If you don’t do registration what will you do if the school refuses to take you back when covid is over?

I plan on paying. I feel it’s my financial obligation to keep my kids school in business for when this over. If not the parents who else?

chocolatecake

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 7:49 pm
My kids are enrolled and I plan on regular tuition but just a disclaimer I work in the school system so I understand I gotta pay my regular tuition if I want my regular paycheck...

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 8:31 pm
But so many have lost significant income, and would again potentially in the same scenario, or is that not a factor for anyone here?
As far as schools surviving- if ones job hasn’t been affected, of course that’s first priority!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 8:40 pm
I wish the schools would address this. You’re right about the fear of not being taken back.
But isn’t there an understanding that ZOOM is a different scenario? And should be treated as such at least for the future?
I don’t expect to get paid my full salary with my greatly reduced hours, why is the assumption that everything is as normal with registration and tuition commitments?
I believe there’s an achrayus to address this, I’m not sure how to proceed in the absence of that as I (and I’m sure many) can’t really commit to regular tuition payments in the event of another lockdown.
Am I the only one thinking about this?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 9:17 pm
Our registration was due 3/3/20.
I am not debating the tuition..... situation.
I am just surprised that the registering for next year is only coming up now.

amother
Black

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 9:30 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I wish the schools would address this. You’re right about the fear of not being taken back.
But isn’t there an understanding that ZOOM is a different scenario? And should be treated as such at least for the future?
I don’t expect to get paid my full salary with my greatly reduced hours, why is the assumption that everything is as normal with registration and tuition commitments?
I believe there’s an achrayus to address this, I’m not sure how to proceed in the absence of that as I (and I’m sure many) can’t really commit to regular tuition payments in the event of another lockdown.
Am I the only one thinking about this?

yes. me too. so disturbing that I got the full bill from my school including lunches and bus fees for the last 4 months while my kids r only in school for 2/3 hours a day. why isnt there any psak abt this??

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 9:36 pm
For our older kids we already paid tuition for the upcoming school year in December to get the early bird discount. At that time I was still debating about where to send our youngest and then I got distracted by some personal issues and never got around to registering our 2 year old anywhere for playgroup before everything shut down. At this point I'd rather keep him home for another 6 months or so rather than introduce him to school under the current circumstances.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 6:15 pm
Sorry, was referring to tuition contracts if you haven’t already signed.

happy chick

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 8:43 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Sorry, was referring to tuition contracts if you haven’t already signed.

For the school that I signed before Purim, it's a done deal.
For the school that was a little dysfunctional and didn't start registration until 2 weeks ago, I plan on signing a full contract.
However, DH and I have bother been working all along and both our paychecks have bh not been affected.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics