Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Will my glass top stove ever be really clean?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 8:38 am
I needed a new stove and for a variety of reasons had to get a glass, smooth top range even though I didn't want to.

I'm having a very hard time keeping it clean. I windex it frequently, and a few times a week I use a special glass stove cleaning product. However, I've a had a few major boilovers/spills, and I just can' get the last bit of residue off. One burner has a white hazy sheen over it, and another has a ring of shmutz. I've sprayed, scrubbed and scraped with everything I can find that won't actually damage the the stovetop, but that last 10% just won't clean.

Any suggestions? Thank you!

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 8:43 am
Did you try wiping it off with oil? I don't know why, but it works sometimes.

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 8:46 am
I saw a tiktok where someone used easy off and it worked like magic

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 11:28 am
Mr. Clean Magic Eraser

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 11:35 am
I use Weiman heavy duty glass cook top cleaner and polish. Sometimes windex after that.

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 11:42 am
Razor blades do great at scraping.

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 3:23 pm
I bought a special kit for stove top cleaning, made by the manufacturers of the stove top. It has a special blade designed for scraping and cleaner. I put cleaner all over the stove top, leave it to sit for a little bit, then scrap everything off. It usually all comes off easily, sometimes with a bit harder scraping. I then wipe away the cleaner with kitchen towel and sometimes need to clean or scrap a bit I missed, but it's usually fine.

tweety1

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 4:43 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
I bought a special kit for stove top cleaning, made by the manufacturers of the stove top. It has a special blade designed for scraping and cleaner. I put cleaner all over the stove top, leave it to sit for a little bit, then scrap everything off. It usually all comes off easily, sometimes with a bit harder scraping. I then wipe away the cleaner with kitchen towel and sometimes need to clean or scrap a bit I missed, but it's usually fine.

Can you plz post a link to what you bought?

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 7:33 pm
tweety1 wrote:
Can you plz post a link to what you bought?

I can't find the one I bought, but it's very similar to this kit, except it was from the manufactors of my hob (miele).
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Scrap.....4266?

Hope that helps. (I'm also in England, so I don't know if that makes a difference)

tweety1

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 9:37 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
I can't find the one I bought, but it's very similar to this kit, except it was from the manufactors of my hob (miele).
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Scrap.....4266?

Hope that helps. (I'm also in England, so I don't know if that makes a difference)

It does help. I'm gonna search for a GE cuz that what I have.

challahchallah

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 9:56 pm
Have you tried bar keepers friend?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry