Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
PSA Doubletree Lancaster pool is open

self-actualization

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 10:50 am
I just called. They have plenty of rooms for around $129 a night, pool is open from 9-12 and 4-9.

This is a really fun pool.

However, no attractions are open (hotel attractions or surrounding attractions like Dutch Wonderland, Kreider Farms).

Also, are rest stops open on the highways in NJ?

jewishmom6

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 11:13 am
I was actually just wondering if hotels are open.
I would love to take my kids to a resort kind of hotel.

Anything else to do there?

self-actualization

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 11:27 am
We stayed in this hotel twice. It was so much fun. The hotel has on site activities like an art room and roasting marshmallows (we brought along kosher ones). [The activities are not open now.] We also sat behind the hotel at night on a blanket to look at the stars because where we live there is too much light pollution to see the stars at night. In the area there is a ton of stuff - Amish horse and buggy rides, Kreider Farms dairy tour, other farms, some small amusement parks, a train ride, Hershey Park nearby and Hershey factory tour. [Probably all closed right now.] Also it's really inexpensive and the hotel is beautiful. Driving around it's all farmland with horses, cows, cornfields.

momof2+?

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 10:34 pm
Can people that have stayed at this hotel chime in - what does the water play situation look like? It seems from the website that there is a separate play area (sprinklers?) For kids, aside for the main pool? Is it busy? How are people dressed?

I would love to go with my family (husband and young kids) somewhere (for a day or 2) with a private pool. So far I haven't found anywhere and wondering if this is an option. I imagine there will be women in bathing suits at the pool at all hrs though....

Moonlight

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 10:56 pm
momof2+? wrote:
Can people that have stayed at this hotel chime in - what does the water play situation look like? It seems from the website that there is a separate play area (sprinklers?) For kids, aside for the main pool? Is it busy? How are people dressed?

I would love to go with my family (husband and young kids) somewhere (for a day or 2) with a private pool. So far I haven't found anywhere and wondering if this is an option. I imagine there will be women in bathing suits at the pool at all hrs though....

Omg. I was wondering today if this hotel pool would be open! YAY!
the hotel is very family friendly and a great experience.
The pools themselves are like this: first room is regular big pool. Next room is kids pool. It starts at 0 inches and gradually declines so even crawling babies have fun. There is a tiny sprinkler for at the beginning of the decline. Then at about 2 feet (think wading moms in tznius bathing suits) there is a little water slide for like 3-6 yr olds. On the other side of 2 feet deep is a serious of rainbow sprinklers that you walk under. After 4 feet there is a divider. There is a real water slide (I assume 6 ft) there and also these big cones that fill up w water and then dump on your head.

Besides pool, there is an arts and crafts room with crafts of the day for a few bucks. They also have activity of the day whether roasting marshmallows (bring kosher), movie night (kid appropriate) bingo, etc. There is also small corn maze, swing set and pond to walk around.
Best . Family . Hotel. EVER

Moonlight

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 10:59 pm
To add, when I go, the ladies in bikinis are generally in the big pool. The kiddie pool is moms with kids. There are usually a bunch of Frum ladies in the water in cover ups . The husbands usually dont join. That's my experience. Personally, I dont care if a frum guy is there cuz I'm in full coverup.
There will probably be some girls and moms in bikinis though if that bothers you.

momof2+?

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 12:41 am
Thanks moonlight for responding.
Sounds like an amazing place for me to go with the kids, but what fun is there for my husband? Especially if the extra kid programs aren't up and running yet.

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 1:03 am
Maybe the Raleigh hotel is open?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics