Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Supper ideas for newlyweds

shmoosh

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 1:41 pm
anyone have any really good supper ideas for newlyweds? bored of most chicken, meat, pasta, pizza type recipes. Thanks in advance!

tweety1

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 1:45 pm
Do you have the cookbook table for 2? I found that to be an excellent resource for newlyweds. I inquired abt it when my niece got married.

mfb

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 1:48 pm
Salmon or other fish you like

icedcoffee

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 1:51 pm
I've been fully on board the Sephardic food train for a while now in order to mix it up. Try looking up some Persian stews, those are great because for 2 people it can last a few meals. Last week I made a Moroccan harira that I saw the recipe for here on imamother. I highly recommend Persian Food from the Non-Persian Bride and also Aromas of Aleppo. My sample size of 1 husband loves it!

cbg

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 1:54 pm
I love having breakfast for dinner
Omelets, Fritata
Savory pancakes or sweet
French Toast
Hash browns
Bagels cream cheese lox

Ora in town

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 1:59 pm
take a baking sheet. Put an baking paper on it.
Cut potatoes in 1/4 or 1/6 or 1/8, like frenchfries, put a bit of oil over it, !!!don't salt!!!, put in oven for 15 min.
Meanwhile marinade 2 pieces of salmon in a mix of soy sauce, garlick, honey, salt, and paprika, put in open oven dish.
Meanwhile slice or dice different veggies (zucchini, mushrooms, pumpkin, paprika, tomatoes (leave them whole), sprinkle with oil, spice with zaatar or italian herbs, salt, pepper
Add to baking tray after 15 minutes, bake a further 20-30 minutes, with the potatoes...

voila - you have a complete healthy tasty meal and you used just the baking sheet and oven dish...

Last edited by Ora in town on Mon, Jun 08 2020, 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

flowergirl10

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 1:59 pm
You can try doing different cuisines.
Aisian,Mexican,Italian.Isreali....

jewishmom6

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 2:01 pm
grill steaks / steak salad/ grilled chicken - salad
hot dogs / hamburgers
shwarma
falafel
garlic knots
pepper steak
hot poppers
beef and broccoli
pretzel chicken / shnitzel

shmoosh

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 2:11 pm
Table for 2 is an awesome cookbook! I use it all the time lol and I gave a nice review when it was asked about on imamother. My husband doesn’t like anything too healthy and I don’t like spicy. Most ideas covered we had in the past week or two aside from Persian cuisine.... any recipes for that?

tweety1

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 4:51 pm
Sauteed liver over mashed potatoes or rice, tuna patties or Tuna balls, breaded fish, cheese, potato, or vegetable blintzes, soups, fruit salad, vegetable salad,

saltandvinegar

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 5:20 pm
icedcoffee wrote:
I've been fully on board the Sephardic food train for a while now in order to mix it up. Try looking up some Persian stews, those are great because for 2 people it can last a few meals. Last week I made a Moroccan harira that I saw the recipe for here on imamother. I highly recommend Persian Food from the Non-Persian Bride and also Aromas of Aleppo. My sample size of 1 husband loves it!

yum! recipe for the harira?

icedcoffee

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 5:23 pm
lemondrop wrote:
yum! recipe for the harira?

Here ya go: https://www.imamother.com/foru.....45671

saltandvinegar

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 5:30 pm
icedcoffee wrote:
Here ya go: https://www.imamother.com/foru.....45671

Thanks! Reyna Simnegar has yummy persian noodle soup recipes its called oshe reshteh and delicious

icedcoffee

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 5:33 pm
As an extremely Ashkenazi girl who married a Persian I am obsessed with Reyna Simnegar, her recipes are amazing and so easy to follow! My in-laws were shocked, shocked I tell you, that I could cook ghormeh sabzi and choresht lapeh, and don't even get me started on my tahdig, which gets the perfect crispiness every time Smile

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 5:36 pm
I never cooked until I got married. I used that time as a newlywed to learn how to cook. I would go through one cookbook at a time. Any recipe that I had interest in, I tried. If I didn’t like it, I knew never to make it again. Eventually I got through two Cookbooks and some recipes from friends and by then I developed the cooking skills to figure out how to be creative with cooking on my own.

Marathon

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 5:36 pm
I make terra chip chicken cutlets - heaven!

tweety1

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 5:40 pm
Fish nugets coated in tortilla chips and baked.

Smiles613

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 8:47 pm
Meatloaf and mashed potatoes
Fried rice /quinoa
Chicken stir fry
Hamburgers
Bagels
Chili
Meatballs and spaghetti
Ratitoui
Cous cous is easy
Baked potatoes with lots of veggies
Rolls and soup
Mushroom barley soup

abaker

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 9:31 pm
Tacos
Empanadas
Indian dishes and homemade naan
Stromboli or pizza
Pretzel crumb coated chicken cutlets
Kabobs (veggie and meat skewers on grill)
Sub sandwiches with schnitzel and hot pepper rings or cold cuts with all the toppings

avrahamama

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 9:58 pm
I would do the fun street food of other countries. Like Mexican street corn, fish tacos, gyros, sushi but as a handroll, tempura.

How adventurous is your husband? Persian food is very elegant food but I wouldn't serve certain dishes to a man who isn't used to veggies...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus