Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Crock pot liner?

TravelHearter

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 4:05 pm
Cleaning the crock pot after shabbos is such a hassle, but I don’t like the idea of using plastic liners. Is there such thing as foil ones? Or something else?
(Melting plastic is unhealthy... )

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 4:06 pm
Smear just a drop of oil on bottom of crockpot. Then line the bottom with parchment paper. The oil will help it stick to and cover the surface you need.

mamma2b

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 4:13 pm
TravelHearter wrote:
Cleaning the crock pot after shabbos is such a hassle, but I don’t like the idea of using plastic liners. Is there such thing as foil ones? Or something else?
(Melting plastic is unhealthy... )

Of the two, isn’t Melting foil the unhealthier of the two options?

asmileaday

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 4:15 pm
PanSaver EZ Clean Multi Use Cooking Bags and Slow Cooker Liners, 50 Count https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....fd5ac

Been using these for years. It's the only brand that didn't melt.

Genius

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 5:10 pm
I use Reynolds. Never melts

happy chick

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 5:17 pm
mamma2b wrote:
Of the two, isn’t Melting foil the unhealthier of the two options?

I was thinking the same. Not that melting plastic is good, but that aluminum is so unhealthy.

I use the Jewish brand or Reynolds and never had a problem w melting. Make sure there's enough water in the pot (under the bag).

avrahamama

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 5:30 pm
I use parchment paper also. I don't even use oil to make it stick. It's great.

TravelHearter

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 5:30 pm
I didn’t mean literally melting I meant the plastic chemicals seeping into the food... I also don’t like freezing water bottles for the same reason.
What’s the difference between baking and cooking things in aluminum pans and using some sort of foil insert?

Rubber Ducky

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 5:43 pm
I just purchased this outrageously expensive, USA made crockpot and base: https://www.360cookware.com/co.....ooker
Heart Present from DH Heart

I don't even have it yet and so can't tell you whether I like it, but at least it shouldn't leach anything toxic into my cholent.

The parchment paper sounds like a good idea and is more affordable.

Learning

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 6:18 pm
Silver trays cause Alzheimer’s I’m sure siver foil on the bottom is very unhealthy

Learning

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 6:19 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:
I just purchased this outrageously expensive, USA made crockpot and base: https://www.360cookware.com/co.....ooker
Heart Present from DH Heart

I don't even have it yet and so can't tell you whether I like it, but at least it shouldn't leach anything toxic into my cholent.

The parchment paper sounds like a good idea and is more affordable.

It looks like the same like putting a pot on to of a hot plate. I like a crockpot because it is hot all over the pot.

asmileaday

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 6:55 pm
TravelHearter wrote:
I didn’t mean literally melting I meant the plastic chemicals seeping into the food... I also don’t like freezing water bottles for the same reason.
What’s the difference between baking and cooking things in aluminum pans and using some sort of foil insert?

I think the amount of time it cooks for also makes a difference. So baking something for half hour in an aluminum pan is different than cooking something overnight.

Genius

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 7:23 pm
happy chick wrote:
I was thinking the same. Not that melting plastic is good, but that aluminum is so unhealthy.

I use the Jewish brand or Reynolds and never had a problem w melting. Make sure there's enough water in the pot (under the bag).

Reynolds doesn’t need water just as a bee tee double you

judyjew

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 7:26 pm
Crockpot liners are BPA free. It's required by the FDA. I emailed the Jewish company to make sure since it didn't say so on the package, and they confirmed that it is BPA free.

essie14

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 8:39 pm
asmileaday wrote:
PanSaver EZ Clean Multi Use Cooking Bags and Slow Cooker Liners, 50 Count https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....fd5ac

Been using these for years. It's the only brand that didn't melt.

I use these too. They're great.

giselle

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 9:00 pm
happy chick wrote:

It doesn’t melt, but chemicals from the plastic can leech into the food.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars