Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Are you making a bar mitzva in NJ

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 11:53 pm
first off, mazel tov to all of you. trying to figure out what to do for my sons upcomig bar mitzva. I really really want to do something to celebrate this milestone, to me the day my son becomes a bar mitzva is so special and it makes me sad to have nothing more than a nice family dinner with extended family joining via zoom. ironically, my son couldnt care less, he's so psyched for the big bar mitzva event, he doesnt need this. we live in nj, so techincally we could have 25 people if we do something outdoors. But, my yard isnt large enough and im finding it overwhelming to plan an event in with such limitations. we are very concerned to maintain appropriate social distancing which may be impossible with a bunch of 12/13 year olds. I feel like if I can have a gathering of 25, I really should do something buts its getting so stressful. just wondering how others are navigating all this and perhaps some chizuk from others who are in the same boat.

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 11:55 pm
I’m in nj also and 50 people are allowed for outdoor events

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 09 2020, 12:32 am
https://covid19.nj.gov/faqs/nj.....erson
from nj website.
whats your source for 50 in nj

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Jun 09 2020, 1:01 am
I just made a bar mitzvah and did over 100 people outdoors. Who saids you have to listen do you always listen to rules?

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Jun 09 2020, 1:06 am
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
I just made a bar mitzvah and did over 100 people outdoors. Who saids you have to listen do you always listen to rules?

You do you. Your so rebellious and cool. We are impressed.
Why do you need to advocate for others to not follow rules?
Are you like a teenage who wants to shoplift and wants others to do it with her so that if there are consequences you are not alone and don't feel as guilty because others did it too?
If you are not going to be a responsible, law abiding member of society, that is your business, but you don't encourage others.

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Jun 09 2020, 1:21 am
I'm working in the event industry in NJ and I see so many different types of simchas going on these days. Some people make time slots, 1 hour for family, 1 hour for famyily friends, 1 hour for the boy's friends. Or some variation.

Most people arent being strict about 25 people anymore. People are also doing small indoor events.

The police showed up to two of the events we serviced in the past few weeks, both times they only gave a warning and left.

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Jun 09 2020, 1:24 am
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
Are you like a teenage who wants to shoplift and wants others to do it with her so that if there are consequences you are not alone and don't feel as guilty because others did it too?
If you are not going to be a responsible, law abiding member of society, that is your business, but you don't encourage others.

Well if Murphy can do illegal social distancing for a protest. I think its time to take those rules and do whatever you want.
I don't where the op lives, there are plenty of backwards in Tom's River and Jackson that would be happy to lend out.
As far as your son not so interested, that like a mentor question.. does he really not want it or is it a cover up?
Good Luck! Mazel Tov!!

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Jun 09 2020, 4:34 am
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:

At this point it’s a political battle. Why should my son or anyone else suffer?

I actually called the police department before I made my bar mitzvah and they told me they will not come down and if they drive by they won’t do anything at all and if someone calls and said that there is noise they won’t come until 11 pm because you are allowed to make parties now.

The police department doesn’t care, no one cares. Just because our governor is a liberal and wants to Lock us up We don’t have to allow that.

Riots are okay but a bar mitzvah isn’t.

Please make your son a nice bar mitzvah he will remember it for life.

And for those that are liberals and agree with locking everyone up I don’t even want to argue with you I just feel So bad for you.

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Jun 09 2020, 4:37 am
In Lakewood greenwald caterers is doing many indoor events for 100 people for weddings. The police knows about it and doesn’t care.
Many of the Lakewood halls are opened. This isn’t about being rebellious it’s about making a Simcha.

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Jun 09 2020, 7:52 am
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
In Lakewood greenwald caterers is doing many indoor events for 100 people for weddings. The police knows about it and doesn’t care.
Many of the Lakewood halls are opened. This isn’t about being rebellious it’s about making a Simcha.

That’s because in Lakewood everyone had covid19 already or they built up antibodies by being exposed to someone who had it.
Even though the pandemic is ending, If a person has no antibodies they should still be careful.
It’s true that there are beautiful simchos taking place in Lakewood. As long as it’s not an event with hundreds of people the authorities are fine with it here.
Many people want a larger event so they are setting up beautiful events in backyards. It’s peaceful and it’s okay now.
If you are near Lakewood, op you should come here to hold a decent affair. If you are in Bergen county or the like, it’s true that you guys are still shut down.. I don’t know why.

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Jun 09 2020, 1:44 pm
You can go ahead and plan a regular bar mitzvah.

Murphy just signed that indoor gatherings are allowed with either a maximum of 25% of the buildings capacity or up to fifty people.
Outdoor is now 100 people.

Mazel Tov!

Updated- 250 people will be allowed by June 22 and 500 people by July 1st.

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Jun 09 2020, 3:08 pm
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
You can go ahead and plan a regular bar mitzvah.

Murphy just signed that indoor gatherings are allowed with either a maximum of 25% of the buildings capacity or up to fifty people.
Outdoor is now 100 people.

Mazel Tov!

Updated- 250 people will be allowed by June 22 and 5000 people by July 1st.

500, not 5000 - let's not go overboard! Smile

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Jun 09 2020, 3:10 pm
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
500, not 5000 - let's not go overboard! Smile

Mistake LOL
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics