Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Lonely in Cleveland

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 09 2020, 8:10 pm
Cleveland is supposed to be so warm...why am I having trouble making friends? What do people do here to make friends/meet people?

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Jun 09 2020, 8:19 pm
I’m sorry about that. I can be your remote friend for now. There isn’t much real life socializing going on in NY either. Are you new to Cleveland?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 09 2020, 8:22 pm
New-ish. Most people in Cleveland seem to have stopped SD and it’s been nice weather so everyone’s hanging out outside.

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Jun 09 2020, 8:26 pm
Wish I can help you. It’s so sad to be newish to a place and feel lonely. I relocated recently too and my new neighbors have all been so nice and friendly. But I mostly stay in touch with old friends over phone.

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Jun 09 2020, 8:28 pm
Sorry you feel lonely Sad Sometimes I do, too. I personally am not so good at making new friends in the neighborhood. You often have to be bold and initiate. I’ve made most of my friends through working with other frum people.

Do you have neighbors around your age/stage? Which neighborhood do you live in?

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Jun 09 2020, 8:34 pm
I feel for you I think it’s a tough time to move and make new friends- and the usual routes via school shul etc are not possible now- hopefully things get better soon- have u met your next door neighbors yet?do you or dh have a friend or friend of a friend or rov or someone who could help smooth the way for you?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 09 2020, 8:36 pm
CH. The young kollel couples seem to have an easy time making friends, but I’m older than them and dh isn’t in kollel.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 09 2020, 8:40 pm
I met the neighbors but their kids are little and they don’t seem interested in someone a bit older. TBH I would prefer to meet people my own age since conversations about teething are no longer interesting.

happyone

Post Tue, Jun 09 2020, 8:54 pm
maybe contact the local Bikur Cholim and consider volunteering. This will help you meet others and get out there .

seeker

Post Tue, Jun 09 2020, 11:59 pm
My cool Cleveland friends are Partners in Torah, maybe you can join that and meet people.

This is a really hard time to meet people anywhere. I hope things improve for you soon. I think if you meet one person you like, they will introduce you to their circle, and you'll spread out from there until you find your tribe.

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 12:12 am
I’m sure you don’t want to reveal too much about yourself but maybe if you give a drop of information (like where your kids go to school and what ages) I could try and give some suggestions. I don’t live in CH but can still recommend some ideas. Someone mentioned Bikur Cholim. Also there’s a Cleveland ladies WhatsApp chat (I’m not on it but maybe someone here can help with that)

notshanarishona

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 5:23 am
Op can you pm me? I have a lot of family in Cleveland Heights who I am sure would be happy to welcome you.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 9:07 pm
My kids are in YDT but I’m shy to say more than that! Thanks for the offer to help, it’s really sweet.

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 12:11 pm
Please no one should pm an unknown person even on imamother particularly not a brand new member(not talking about longtime verified members)
Wishing all safety and health

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 12:39 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Cleveland is supposed to be so warm...why am I having trouble making friends? What do people do here to make friends/meet people?

Go outside(not today), and shmooze with ladies on your block.
Take your kids over to a friend and shmooze with kid's friend's mommy.
I live in CH. None of my neighbor's are talking about teething.
Maybe walk to a different block. Change of scenery.
In CH, every block is a different world.

TwinsMommy

Post Wed, Aug 19 2020, 10:47 pm
Just seeing this post now (searched "Cleveland") Smile.

Have I met you yet? My kids are older (13 year old twins-- no teething here-- lol) and I live in Cleveland Heights on Blanche. I'm 46, so yes I'm "older" I guess.... Would love to schmooze. pm me if you'd like!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating