Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Which company's Cherry Kitchen Cabinets look great 5 years

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 12:29 am
Do you or someone else have Cherry cabinets that are more than 5 years old?

If yes, which company's and which dealer's Cherry Kitchen Cabinets (who work in Brooklyn) look great 5 or more years later?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 9:00 am
bump

tweety1

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 9:50 am
Are cherry cabinets painted wood?

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 10:28 am
Cherry is normally a stained wood, although it is sometimes used as the base wood in distressed painted cabinets. It is a beautiful wood and is known to get darker more than most woods as it ages, depending on exposure to sunlight. It is also less hard than maple and so may ding more easily.

I carry Wellsford, a meticulously well-made cabinet line with lustrous finishes. Their cherry is gorgeous — I have a client with Cherry Merlot cabinets for their dining room on order now. Wellsford is very well-priced, but it is a custom cabinet company so don't expect discount prices. If you fill out the form on their website, they should be able to direct you to a designer in Brooklyn: https://www.wellsfordcabinetry.com/

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 10:31 am
My mom has cherry cabinets going on about 20 years and they still look beautiful. Maybe not quite like the day they were put in, but they lasted nicely. Not much help though because I don't remember where in Brooklyn my parents got them from.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 2:17 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:
Cherry is normally a stained wood, although it is sometimes used as the base wood in distressed painted cabinets. It is a beautiful wood and is known to get darker more than most woods as it ages, depending on exposure to sunlight. It is also less hard than maple and so may ding more easily.

I carry Wellsford, a meticulously well-made cabinet line with lustrous finishes. Their cherry is gorgeous — I have a client with Cherry Merlot cabinets for their dining room on order now. Wellsford is very well-priced, but it is a custom cabinet company so don't expect discount prices. If you fill out the form on their website, they should be able to direct you to a designer in Brooklyn: https://www.wellsfordcabinetry.com/

Someone just recommended Kitchencraft for cherry (or cherry-stained) cabinets. Are you familiar with that brand? If yes, how do they compare to Wellsford?

https://www.kitchencraft.com/

tweety1

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 2:46 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Someone just recommended Kitchencraft for cherry (or cherry-stained) cabinets. Are you familiar with that brand? If yes, how do they compare to Wellsford?

https://www.kitchencraft.com/

It's a little silly to ask such a question on a forum thats not irl cuz everybody will back their own company. Irl everybody will back their own company but at least your speaking to a real person and can get a look at their body language too.
Ch"v I don't mean anything against you rubber ducky, but you have to speak to real ppl who this kind of cabinets.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 3:08 pm
tweety1 wrote:
It's a little silly to ask such a question on a forum thats not irl cuz everybody will back their own company. Irl everybody will back their own company but at least your speaking to a real person and can get a look at their body language too.
Ch"v I don't mean anything against you rubber ducky, but you have to speak to real ppl who this kind of cabinets.

Rubber Ducky is a Kitchen designer I believe, who seems very knowledgeable about all aspects of Kitchen Design. Shes NOT an anonymous poster. I believe she has given her location. Im VERY interested in her opinions.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries