Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Grilled Chicken

penguin

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 2:57 pm
One of the mags this past week or so had a marinade for grilled chicken, guaranteed to be juicy. I might go through my whole stack and find it ... or one of you might have saved it? I hope? Thanks!

(Also what are your tricks? I have a Geo Foreman but last time it came out more steamed than grilled. Too little oil? Not heated long enough? Any suggestions?)

How well does it work to marinate then broil?

penguin

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 5:34 pm
Anyone? It's urgent! I need to go make my chicken and it really flopped last time!

lilies

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 5:40 pm
Don't know what you're referring to but in an 'emergency', season cutlets with salt and paprika and grill for 8 minutes.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 5:43 pm
Place the thin cutlets in a plate of lemon juice seasoned with garlic powder and salt. Flip to coat both sides.
Preheat the foreman.
Grill cutlets for 5 minutes. Flip to other side and grill for another 2 minutes.

penguin

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 6:12 pm
So you're saying don't close the Foreman? That's what s/o told me today - leave it open so they don't steam. Makes sense, I guess.

DVOM

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 6:49 pm
Marinade in zesty italian salad dressing! Heavenly!

MiriFr

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 6:53 pm
Tenderize chicken. Marinate in whatever marinade you like for at least 30 min.
My trick for grilling is turn on the grill to maximum, and then turn off one side. Cook the chicken on the OFF side 10ish min then flip and cook another 10ish min. Then cook on the ON side of the grill 5ish min per side.
Yes, grill should be open.

Edit- this is for thick chicken cutlets. If yours are thinner, it needs less time. Keep an eye on them

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 6:56 pm
penguin wrote:
So you're saying don't close the Foreman? That's what s/o told me today - leave it open so they don't steam. Makes sense, I guess.

I do close it. And press down sometimes.

penguin

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 7:39 pm
Now I'm wondering if my George Foreman is just not hot enough (it is about 15 years old...) I put some thin slices of zuccini in with the chicken and now after about 15 min they are still not even thinking of getting brown.

(I ate the chicken already... I used olive oil, lemon juice, paprika, some parsley & basil & a little salad dressing. Kept the grill open & did one side at a time for around 5 min. Was done inside but barely brown. It was edible but not amazing. Do you think I need a new grill? Aargh. Totally forgot I have a grill pan that I hardly ever use (probably bec it's pretty small). I was supposed to try that. Oh well, at least I ate.)

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 7:41 pm
Zucchini should have started having grill marks by 5 minutes.

penguin

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 7:47 pm
That's what I thought...

Okay, full disclosure. I use parchment paper. I did get browning on the chicken, finally, but perhaps that slows it down?

naomi2

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 7:54 pm
I read an article in mishpacha magazine that tested different methods for getting juicy cutlets and the oven baked version was the juciest.
For recipes, I've been using peas love n carrots recipe with lots of fresh garlic, salt, coarse pepper, and finished with lemon after cooking. Yummmm.
Also, sometimes I buy dark chicken cutlets because they for sure stay juicy.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 8:52 pm
penguin wrote:
That's what I thought...

Okay, full disclosure. I use parchment paper. I did get browning on the chicken, finally, but perhaps that slows it down?

That steams the chicken.

monkeys

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 11:33 pm
I think the parchment paper is the problem.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey