Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
What's your baby eating for supper?
1  2  Next

MiriFr

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 6:51 pm
Spinoff of the supper thread!
What's your baby eating for supper?
I'll start.

Chickpeas and sweet potato fries

Stars

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 6:53 pm
Up to how old? Actually never mind, mine eats everything we eat since he started solids.
Today was broccoli, french fries and eggplant parm.

MiriFr

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 6:55 pm
Stars wrote:
Up to how old? Actually never mind, mine eats everything we eat since he started solids.
Today was broccoli, french fries and eggplant parm.

good question! Poster gets to decide. Maybe post baby's age?
My little man is 9mo and allergic to animal protein.

yiddishmom

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 7:04 pm
MiriFr wrote:

Does he have teeth yet?

My baby is also 9 months old, and I have a difficult time figuring out what to give him because he only wants what my husband and I eat, but he has no teeth.

Oh, and he becomes very frustrated when I try feeding him. He has to eat on his own. Which means it needs to be larger pieces for him to be able to grasp it, but then it's a choking hazard.

Fun times!

Stars

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 7:06 pm
MiriFr wrote:

That must be hard

SuperWify

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 7:07 pm
My baby is 3. He had fish and chips. šŸ˜‚

MiriFr

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 7:24 pm
yiddishmom wrote:
Does he have teeth yet?

My baby is also 9 months old, and I have a difficult time figuring out what to give him because he only wants what my husband and I eat, but he has no teeth.

Oh, and he becomes very frustrated when I try feeding him. He has to eat on his own. Which means it needs to be larger pieces for him to be able to grasp it, but then it's a choking hazard.

Fun times!

He has 2 on the bottom.
Cut the pieces big enough to hold and small enough so it's safe. I cut the chickpeas in half.

MiriFr

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 7:25 pm
Stars wrote:
That must be hard

I'm so used to it by now! B"H he's not allergic to bean protein. Also salmon, which is weird.

simcha123456

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 7:26 pm
My baby, ( 16.5 months) he ate what we had! So tonight was grilled salmon, spinach and cheese quiche, and avocado salad

teachkids

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 8:13 pm
14 months:
Cheese and crackers.
But she had half an avocado and 2 bowls of oatmeal with fruit an hour before dinner and veggies from my plate an hour after dinner.
Dinner is not a happy time around here so we just avoid it by splitting it into 3 yummy snacks.

Lunch on the other hand is a wonderfully balanced meal.

SisterSix

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 8:36 pm
Seven months old. Peanut butter on whole wheat sandwich and an ā€œall natural, organicā€ fruit bar. All cut into tiny pieces and fed by hand

HeartyAppetite

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 8:51 pm
My 18 month old Had rice Avacado and a Bowl of oatmeal.
She refuses to eat chicken or bread.

morah.coffee

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 8:55 pm
SisterSix wrote:
Seven months old. Peanut butter on whole wheat sandwich and an ā€œall natural, organicā€ fruit bar. All cut into tiny pieces and fed by hand

Can you share the name of the fruit bar? Looking for things to keep in stock easy to give my baby

SisterSix

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 9:08 pm
morah.coffee wrote:
Can you share the name of the fruit bar? Looking for things to keep in stock easy to give my baby

TBH it came in the school lunch lol. I just looked it up itā€™s called Freedom Bar. There are small pieces of raw nuts in it, a lot of people might not feel so comfortable with that for a baby, I was mamish feeding each bit by hand to make sure it was tiny bites. I personally believe in exposing to different textures and variety.

There are plenty of fruit bars on the market, though, a lot of the baby food companies make fruit bars.

stillnewlywed

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 9:13 pm
My 6th month old had boiled sweet potato and squash

sweet

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 10:13 pm
My baby is now 7 months and he loves to eat food, lol.
Today he had chicken balls in tomato sauce and rice.

Babies dont need teeth to bite or chew, The gums are very strong.
None of my kids got a tooth before 1.

tichellady

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 11:11 pm
Cheese and a piece of broccoli And avacado
She was offered vegetable soup, tofu stir fry With rice and salad but this is what she chose from her plate

hodeez

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 11:30 pm
16 month old had chicken and rice

lucky14

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 11:33 pm
we did an easy supper- yogurt, egg, and banana. lunch was more fun (pizza and fruit salad).

lucky14

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 11:38 pm
yiddishmom wrote:
Does he have teeth yet?

Fun times!

My baby has no teeth either. She also wants to eat what we eat but is very unreliable with chewing (I have see her swallow some pretty large pieces of food whole and just watching made me cringe. No way that can feel good). Anyway I cut her food up pretty small and she is still able to pick up the pieces ok. Before she figured out the pincher grasp she would just pick things up with her fist.

what are some things you are having trouble figuring out how to give them to him safely? Maybe we can help you think things out.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus