Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Summer vacation
1  2  Next

mom of many kih

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 8:29 pm
Now that there is no camp....anyone has good ideas were to go as a family trip.?? Somewere relaxing and some entertainment and open attractions that includes minyan and age appropriate for kids from 4-16??? Im willing to travel 5-6 hrs from Brooklyn.

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 8:55 pm
Lincoln, NH

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 9:28 pm
mom of many kih wrote:
Now that there is no camp....anyone has good ideas were to go as a family trip.?? Somewere relaxing and some entertainment and open attractions that includes minyan and age appropriate for kids from 4-16??? Im willing to travel 5-6 hrs from Brooklyn.

5-6 hours drive or flight? We just came to orlando rented a house in champions gate resort we have a pool and the resort also has a water park and lazy river for the kids.. also alot of outside attractions are already open in florida..

doctorima

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 9:44 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
Lincoln, NH

Lincoln is beautiful and a great option in normal summers. But this isn't a normal summer. The website for the minyan hasn't been updated since last year, and at present, there's a 14-day self-quarantine required for out-of-state visitors. I imagine things will improve by August, but for now, it's very up in the air.

mom of many kih

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 9:54 pm
Lincoln, NH

Were is there to stay?
Whats there to do?

mom of many kih

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 9:55 pm
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
5-6 hours drive or flight? We just came to orlando rented a house in champions gate resort we have a pool and the resort also has a water park and lazy river for the kids.. also alot of outside attractions are already open in florida..

I meant to drive...

mom of many kih

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 9:55 pm
doctorima wrote:
Lincoln is beautiful and a great option in normal summers. But this isn't a normal summer. The website for the minyan hasn't been updated since last year, and at present, there's a 14-day self-quarantine required for out-of-state visitors. I imagine things will improve by August, but for now, it's very up in the air.

Which website?

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 10:44 pm
I’m actually going to the poconos/bushkill falls next week. Nice hotel, falls are open, there’s a petting farm nearby. I’m sure there’s more. I saw that things in lake George are open. I went there one summer and was really fun.

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 10:48 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
I’m actually going to the poconos/bushkill falls next week. Nice hotel, falls are open, there’s a petting farm nearby. I’m sure there’s more. I saw that things in lake George are open. I went there one summer and was really fun.

Are there regular minyanim now ?

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 10:52 pm
Oops missed that part. Idk

mom of many kih

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 11:12 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:

How many days you going for? Staying in hotel or air bnb? Ages of kids?
Can u pls let us know when ur bk how it was and what u did there???

doctorima

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 11:41 pm
mom of many kih wrote:
Which website?

http://www.lincolnnhminyan.com/

I stand corrected. It has now been updated to say that due to Covid, they don't know when or if there will be a minyan this summer. I don't think you'll find any minyanim currently operating in vacation destinations, other than Florida.

If you need to go now and you need a minyan, choose a city that has operating minyanim and (very important!) confirm that they will allow DH to attend, as many OOT communities will not allow any outsiders at present.

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 11:56 pm
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:

we did too.. drove down. bh it was a great idea. house was very cheap

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 12:14 am
how much did you pay

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 12:19 am
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
how much did you pay

$2200 for the month, 6 bdrm 5 bath, huge house, private pool and a big pool in the area. came out to $2950 after tax, cleaning fees etc.

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 12:19 am
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
$2200 for the month, 6 bdrm 5 bath, huge house, private pool and a big pool in the area. came out to $2950 after tax, cleaning fees etc.

I think others paid more but u can negotiate with ppl on airbnb...

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 7:15 am
Lincoln, NH

Can you post more details? Where to stay? What things there are to do?

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 7:30 am
amother [ Orange ] wrote:

Wow! How did you get such a good price? I was looking at championsgate for August on Airbnb and Vrbo and was getting that price for 1 week. Which site did you book through?

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 7:39 am
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
Wow! How did you get such a good price? I was looking at championsgate for August on Airbnb and Vrbo and was getting that price for 1 week. Which site did you book through?

I'm curious too.
I was just in Orlando for a month and it was closer to 6k just for the house. I was thinking of doing another month but prices increased drastically.

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 7:49 am
Orlando is going to start getting disgustingly hot. A hot few places will. Even if you have a pool it isn’t so fun.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics