Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Cheap vacation rental with pool

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 11:56 pm
I’m fed up of sitting in my tiny Brooklyn apartment with my kids. Now that summer is coming I would love to have a backyard and a pool to sit and enjoy with them. Problem is we can’t afford to go away. Are there any very cheap options for rental homes with pools in the tri state area or further out?

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 11:57 pm
Orlando

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 11:58 pm
Nope. Sorry.. been searching for a month already.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 12:05 am
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
Orlando

Just getting my entire family there by plane is expensive.

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 12:07 am
[quote="amother [ OP ]"]Just getting my entire family there by plane is expensive.[/quote

drive. gas is so cheap. $27 to fill up minivan.

DVOM

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 4:47 am
Find a sibling or close friend to share a house with. It'll halve the cost and give your kids someone to play with.

I saw some really great looking deals on Airbnb in Arizona, Navada, Utah. Get in the car and go!

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 7:38 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m fed up of sitting in my tiny Brooklyn apartment with my kids. Now that summer is coming I would love to have a backyard and a pool to sit and enjoy with them. Problem is we can’t afford to go away. Are there any very cheap options for rental homes with pools in the tri state area or further out?

I live in lakewood and people rent out thier pools here all summer long you can always just rent a pool for a day and enjoy with your family make a bbq etc..

doctorima

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 10:19 am
If flying to Orlando is too much for your budget, then finding a house with a pool for this summer in the tri-state area is not going to be realistic. Somebody told me the going rate in Toms River for a house with a pool is $8000 a month. And even in non-Jewish neighborhoods, anything reasonable on AirBNB would have been taken long ago, unless you're willing to go far from the tri-state area.

pause

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 10:27 am
DVOM wrote:
Find a sibling or close friend to share a house with. It'll halve the cost and give your kids someone to play with.

I saw some really great looking deals on Airbnb in Arizona, Navada, Utah. Get in the car and go!

I wouldn't go to Arizona right now.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 1:04 pm
doctorima wrote:
If flying to Orlando is too much for your budget, then finding a house with a pool for this summer in the tri-state area is not going to be realistic. Somebody told me the going rate in Toms River for a house with a pool is $8000 a month. And even in non-Jewish neighborhoods, anything reasonable on AirBNB would have been taken long ago, unless you're willing to go far from the tri-state area.

Yeah makes sense. I’m just so desperate. I could send my kids to daycamp locally but that means 4K for the summer and I’m still staying without a vacation and need to drop them off and pick them up in the heat. Only have one car and dh uses it for work. So was thinking if for half that money I could go away I’d do it.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 1:09 pm
Driving to Florida is really cheap I just did it. It was about 250 round trip and no need to rent a car there. Otherwise, rent a pool somewhere for a day. Rentals are only getting more expensive not cheaper. You can rent in Boca house with pool for like 350-400/ night. 4-5 bedrooms.

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 1:39 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
Driving to Florida is really cheap I just did it. It was about 250 round trip and no need to rent a car there. Otherwise, rent a pool somewhere for a day. Rentals are only getting more expensive not cheaper. You can rent in Boca house with pool for like 350-400/ night. 4-5 bedrooms.

I think renting in the orlando resorts with a huge house and pool u can pay like 100$ a night more or less

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 1:42 pm
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
I think renting in the orlando resorts with a huge house and pool u can pay like 100$ a night more or less

Could be. I never looked into it. I had somewhere to stay in Boca.

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 3:11 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:

Did you stop in a hotel for the night while driving down? 250 is for the hotels for 2 nights, once on the way up and once on the way down? I'd love if you could break it down for me.

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 3:22 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
Did you stop in a hotel for the night while driving down? 250 is for the hotels for 2 nights, once on the way up and once on the way down? I'd love if you could break it down for me.

we did it. 2.5 tanks of gas, less then 30 dollars each for the minivan . hotel on the way down was 100 a room so either u can squish in one room or drive straight its abt 15/16 hours from ny. if you drive thru the night it may be doable.

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 11:26 am
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
I live in lakewood and people rent out thier pools here all summer long you can always just rent a pool for a day and enjoy with your family make a bbq etc..

Do you have more info on this?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Aug 24 2020, 1:28 pm
You could do the same idea if you rent a private house in Monroe and then locally there are plenty pools the rent.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics