Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Why I like wearing a mask
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

youngishbear

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 4:10 pm
DrMom wrote:
I'm saving money on lipstick.

Me, too. I'm too lazy to calculate whether the cost of the masks has been offset yet, but I suspect not.

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 4:14 pm
bigsis144 wrote:
Wearing a mask is not (only) for the elderly to avoid *catching* covid19.

Pardon the crudeness of the comparison, but here ya go:

In this mashal, we should see ourselves as the ones potentially spreading the virus, and wear masks out of consideration to OTHERS.

LOL LOL LOL

ExtraCredit

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 4:19 pm
My grocery has a sign in window “you can shop here if only wearing a mask”
It’s quite awkward doing the shopping while naked but it’s good we’re all wearing masks so nobody knows who the next person is. I dont want to see

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 4:20 pm
bigsis144 wrote:

In this mashal, we should see ourselves as the ones potentially spreading the virus, and wear masks out of consideration to OTHERS.

But that is what you were missing. If you are not wearing pants, it is not your problem, you are not wet, and you are not uncomfortable. Wearing the pants, you might be protecting the other guy, but it is uncomfortable, and only worth it if you care at all about the other person. The narcissistic person would not care if the other person was peed on, either on their bare skin or their pants legs, that is their problem.

The question is, do you care about other people? Unfortunately not everyone does.

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 4:24 pm
Surplus wrote:
My grocery has a sign in window “you can shop here if only wearing a mask”
It’s quite awkward doing the shopping while naked but it’s good we’re all wearing masks so nobody knows who the next person is. I dont want to see

Like this?

ExtraCredit

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 4:25 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
Like this?

Nope, he’s dressed! But good one! Laugh

Ora in town

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 8:04 am
nchr wrote:
I also like wearing a mask. I feel like American culture will change and realize all of the overall benefits, but it will be hard in the more right wing frum areas because they are quicker to reject or question change.

I agree.
It's like spitting was abolished during the spanish flu.
No-one would think of spitting in public now. It's perceived as gross. before spanish flu, it was normal...

amother
Lawngreen

Post Fri, Jun 19 2020, 3:37 pm
Some interesting advantages to mask-wearing posted here, but I'm old fashioned I guess. I like breathing. Nice big oxygen-loaded breaths. Will be glad to get rid of this stupid thing soon, please G-d.

Ora in town

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 6:22 pm
Because I can eat as much garlick as I want and no-one will smell it...

Sunny Days

Post Mon, Jun 22 2020, 11:33 pm
It was actually more pleasant walking in the city streets and not smelling the exhaust/pollution as much. I wanted some fresh air so pulled my mask down when there were no people around but then pulled it right back up because I forgot how much I hate the horrible city air.

Ora in town

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 12:28 am
Good thing there are masks to protect us.

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 12:55 am
Oh come on. That peeing analogy is ridiculous. When you breath into the air, you are not aiming like a man peeing.

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 1:37 am
My son who gets carsick every single time said that a mask helped him tremendously not to get nauseous from "car air." Who knew!!! We always tried giving him more air and cross ventilation but of course he'd throw up anyway.

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 1:46 am
I have a very bad breath,and it's very very hard for me!you can't imagine how much I thank hashem for this masks!!

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 1:54 am
I’m going to Brooklyn this week and I am happy that I don’t have to worry about bumping into anyone I don’t want to see.

Ora in town

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 5:40 am
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
Oh come on. That peeing analogy is ridiculous. When you breath into the air, you are not aiming like a man peeing.

Yes, the peeing analogy is populist and a bit immature.

However, there is one kernel of truth in it: if a fabric or filter halts a drop, the drop will not go further than that.

Once damp air with virus is caught in the mask, the virus cannot extricate itself from it.

That's why surgical mask do a good job at protecting others, or the air around us...

Last edited by Ora in town on Tue, Jun 23 2020, 5:56 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 5:54 am
It hides my huge ugly nose. I am half thinking of getting nose job while people are wearing masks so I can go through the recovery with everything hidden too Laugh

amother
Black

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 5:54 am
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
My son who gets carsick every single time said that a mask helped him tremendously not to get nauseous from "car air." Who knew!!! We always tried giving him more air and cross ventilation but of course he'd throw up anyway.

On the other side of the coin, I've really bad morning sickness and the mask makes it worse. I've nearly vomited into it several times. It's so suffocating, especially in the summer Sad

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 7:16 am
Ora in town wrote:
Because I can eat as much garlick as I want and no-one will smell it...

Just don’t eat too much because a mask won’t be enough to cover the smell. My father eats a ton of garlic, plain, for health benefits and he reeks. I joke to my kids that you’ll never find a vampire in his house. Very Happy

Ora in town

Post Tue, Jun 23 2020, 7:20 am
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
Just don’t eat too much because a mask won’t be enough to cover the smell. My father eats a ton of garlic, plain, for health benefits and he reeks. I joke to my kids that you’ll never find a vampire in his house. Very Happy

The solution is: eat garlick too! When you are full of garlick,you don't smell it in others!!!!
So I would like to live in a society of garlick-eaters... It's good against vampires and good for health! and I just love the taste... It's also a good tool against cravings for sweets...
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics