Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Insults

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 6:22 am
What were the biggest insults others gave you and which hurt the worst?

With me the biggest insult I got was criticizing me on my parenting. While it was the biggest insult it didn’t hurt me. The only people who might hurt me with insults are loved ones. Others, while it’s insulting, it doesn’t actually hurt. The insulting on my parenting was completely uncalled for because it wasn’t an incident that happened, but the general. I think I’m a better parent then the one who said it, but I would never tell them that.

Ora in town

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 6:27 am
Yes. criticising parenting hurts...
But it's also a hobby at playgrounds... of course always behind the back...

Chickensoupprof

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 6:28 am
''You have ASD right?'' ''Yes...?'' ''Can you feel love towards your husband?'' ohmy what do you think I'm ted bundy?'' ''I LOVE my husband''

I was 18 when I started art school. I wanted to become a drama teacher and in the Netherlands, it means you go to art school and art school means you need to go through a selection and I made it and could start in September. I was I think way too young and naively I said that I was diagnosed with autism ‘no problem’. Till the day that a teacher wanted to talk with us as a class. And said that he wanted to talk about me. ”What are you doing? I can’t reach you! You are so strange! What is wrong with you? I don’t want you to have in my class anymore”. As a preacher man who is having a sermon, he carried on how awful I was a student. I did nothing wrong, I didn’t steal, called names, abused or assaulted someone. I was just off and he couldn’t handle. When I said that I have autism he said: ‘People like you don’t belong here, there aren’t medications of it? Go away’.

And this went on on 3 differnet colleges and the most famous ''people like you love IT right?'' and assuming I know everything with maths,psychics, and computers.

Ora in town

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 8:29 am
Chickensoupprof wrote:
''You have ASD right?'' ''Yes...?'' ''Can you feel love towards your husband?'' ohmy what do you think I'm ted bundy?'' ''I LOVE my husband''

I was 18 when I started art school. I wanted to become a drama teacher and in the Netherlands, it means you go to art school and art school means you need to go through a selection and I made it and could start in September. I was I think way too young and naively I said that I was diagnosed with autism ‘no problem’. Till the day that a teacher wanted to talk with us as a class. And said that he wanted to talk about me. ”What are you doing? I can’t reach you! You are so strange! What is wrong with you? I don’t want you to have in my class anymore”. As a preacher man who is having a sermon, he carried on how awful I was a student. I did nothing wrong, I didn’t steal, called names, abused or assaulted someone. I was just off and he couldn’t handle. When I said that I have autism he said: ‘People like you don’t belong here, there aren’t medications of it? Go away’.

And this went on on 3 differnet colleges and the most famous ''people like you love IT right?'' and assuming I know everything with maths,psychics, and computers.

That was really very unsentive. I'm shocked.

sequoia

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 8:37 am
That’s horrible 😥

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 9:06 pm
I prefer to forget insults and remember compliments. I'm sure I've been insulted many times, but the only insult I really recall was when I was maybe college age, I had bought myself, with money I had earned, a pair of 14K gold hoop earrings that I was very proud of. I was wearing them one day and met a lady in the neighborhood. I don't know what we were talking about but she said she felt awful about recently losing a pair of earrings, "expensive ones, not cheap ones like yours." She wasn't the world's most intelligent woman so I just kept my mouth shut.

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Jun 11 2020, 9:15 pm
A teacher I highly respected accused me of cheating. I hadn’t put effort into the subject matter during the year but I studied hard for the final and got a great mark. The teacher accused me of getting ahold of the answer sheet for the test. I was shocked.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette