Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 12:23 am
I have no patience to housework and to my children’s endless demands and needs so I hang out on imamother and other enjoyable forums all the time, or... I hang out on imamother and other enjoyable forums all the time so I have no patience to housework and to my children’s endless demands and needs???

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 5:29 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I have no patience to housework and to my children’s endless demands and needs so I hang out on imamother and other enjoyable forums all the time, or... I hang out on imamother and other enjoyable forums all the time so I have no patience to housework and to my children’s endless demands and needs???

but there's so much chizuk you can get here. Like the OP of the is it fair thread: I mean, she actually baked rugelach and that's a patchke. And Rebbetzin ZZTop ZZZ alone, on her broad shoulders, is more than enough to inspire even the most hard-hearted. Surely you're not more hard-hearted than that, my friend.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 7:02 am
Oh of course I gain a lot on this site. That wasn’t my question. And btw is your fridge at home pink?

Amarante

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 9:51 am
But more importantly, why did the chicken cross the road?

amother
Plum

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 9:56 am
I was just discussing this with my therapist & she explained that people with ADHD (which we suspect I have) crave stimulation. That's why if I just walk near the computer I have trouble not sitting down to check the news & my emails. (It's also why I WON'T, bli neder, get even a highly filtered & tagged smart phone. Bad enough that when I wake up at night I check to see if a/o texted me!)

So the fact that I try to set myself goals etc is a way of trying to impose some structure on my executive-function challenged brain etc.

She liked my idea of keeping a log of what I do - work, self care, cooking, organizing house etc so I can see myself making progress.

But to answer your original question, it's both ways! But you can always try to do better!

Lovemy5

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 11:09 am
Well I ordered both chicken and eggs from Amazon. I’ll let you know. 😆

singleagain

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 1:53 pm
My sociology professor said "half the chicken lays an egg out of which hatches the other half of the chicken"

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 1:58 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
I was just discussing this with my therapist & she explained that people with ADHD (which we suspect I have) crave stimulation. That's why if I just walk near the computer I have trouble not sitting down to check the news & my emails. (It's also why I WON'T, bli neder, get even a highly filtered & tagged smart phone. Bad enough that when I wake up at night I check to see if a/o texted me!)

So the fact that I try to set myself goals etc is a way of trying to impose some structure on my executive-function challenged brain etc.

She liked my idea of keeping a log of what I do - work, self care, cooking, organizing house etc so I can see myself making progress.

But to answer your original question, it's both ways! But you can always try to do better!

This was helpful since I suspect I have adhd too.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 1:59 pm
singleagain wrote:
My sociology professor said "half the chicken lays an egg out of which hatches the other half of the chicken"

This will take me too long to understand. Will think it over when I get off the site...

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 2:00 pm
Lovemy5 wrote:
Well I ordered both chicken and eggs from Amazon. I’ll let you know. 😆

Awwww this wud be great on the what’s your immediate reaction to thread titles thread! LOL

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 2:01 pm
Amarante wrote:
But more importantly, why did the chicken cross the road?

To lay the egg?

singleagain

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 2:13 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
This will take me too long to understand. Will think it over when I get off the site...

Basically that a lot of times, sociologically speaking, cause and effect are not so clear. It's not a straight answer of "this happened bc of that." The reasons are more complex and often slightly intermixed. "This happened bc of that. But that also happened bc of this "

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 3:53 pm
singleagain wrote:
Basically that a lot of times, sociologically speaking, cause and effect are not so clear. It's not a straight answer of "this happened bc of that." The reasons are more complex and often slightly intermixed. "This happened bc of that. But that also happened bc of this "

Thanks for explaining Idea

singleagain

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 4:24 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks for explaining Idea

No problem. 👍 Hope it helps

Window

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 5:40 pm
I’m also curious about the fridge being pink. Please enlighten us

Lovemy5

Post Sat, Jun 13 2020, 8:26 pm
So Amazon delivered, it was the eggs, but they hatched so we’ll never know 🤣

happy chick

Post Sat, Jun 13 2020, 8:47 pm
Lovemy5 wrote:
So Amazon delivered, it was the eggs, but they hatched so we’ll never know 🤣

They came hatched? You should get a refund

Lovemy5

Post Sat, Jun 13 2020, 9:15 pm
happy chick wrote:
They came hatched? You should get a refund

Well delivery is taking longer these days so I guess it was inevitable.

Love your screen name.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jun 13 2020, 9:25 pm
Happy chick you should know, who came first?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics