Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
It's Official - Overnight Camps Canceled 2020
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
Brown

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 5:58 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Cuomo cares about getting blamed for any problems because he already messed up with nursing homes. I would say that if chas v'sholem a child becomes sick, it's up to Sullivan county to deal with the issue and I am not sure how they were planning to deal with it.

It's like matzah after Pesach. You see there's a demand for matzah before Pesach, so after Pesach you stock enough to meet the demand...

Had he done the right thing right away and provided enough matzah FOR pesach, he wouldn't feel the need to prove himself now and how "cautious" he is.

amother
Lilac

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 5:59 pm
and those imamothers who predicted this bombshell hitting erev Shabbos got it right

amother
Lilac

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 6:01 pm
Good points mommy8 and pink

if this is about health then it should be consistent and logical
and yes with choices for people to make within their own situations

why are our choices taken away under the guise of "health" but protesters must be allowed to riot and march in huge crowds with no protocols or rules whatsoever...

amother
Copper

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 6:02 pm
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
Whoever was meant to die this summer will die unfortunately. This has nothing to do with health at this point. How many times should we repeat that camp would’ve been safer than daycamp and all other alternatives like working in groceries? The kids are not sitting locked in at home. Dig your head out of the sand for once!

I’m sorry, what public health degree do you hold?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 6:04 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
and those imamothers who predicted this bombshell hitting erev Shabbos got it right

No they were predicting it would hit ON Shabbat

amother
Chartreuse

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 6:07 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
May I ask why day camps won't kill people? And protests won't kill people? And long lines at the supermarket? Why do only sleepaway camps kill people?

This isn't a matter of public health anymore. Parents should have the ability to choose where their child is safest based on their circumstances. No reason a child who got sick and has antibodies should have to stay in the crowded, humid and frankly disgusting city because Cuomo won't trust the parents of high risk children to keep them home. This isn't public health, this is politics.

I don’t care what his reason are, I’m just glad because the numbers have gone up already and we don’t need them going up more no matter how bad mothers want their kids out of their hair

amother
Chartreuse

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 6:09 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
Are you always so selfish?

Selfish? The selfish ones are the ones who can’t stand their kids being home so they’ll even put everyone else at risk just to get rid of them

Blessing1

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 6:13 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
Selfish? The selfish ones are the ones who can’t stand their kids being home so they’ll even put everyone else at risk just to get rid of them

Dig your head out of the sand and have a look around you. No one and everyone is at risk by now, everyone is out and about for weeks already. Why is daycamp safe or safer??
The only explanation I can think of for you saying this is that you have no young kids or you don't live in NY/NJ.
Kids need structure by now for their health and wellbeing. Mothers need them out for their health and wellbeing.

Last edited by Blessing1 on Fri, Jun 12 2020, 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

asmileaday

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 6:13 pm
I don’t care what his reason are, I’m just glad because the numbers have gone up already and we don’t need them going up more no matter how bad mothers want their kids out of their hair

I find this lovely assumption of yours extremely offensive. My kids were b"h not in my hair, I don't NEED them to go to camp.
The issue is there's absolutely no justifiable, logical reason based on numbers (especially within the Jewish community) and everything else going on at the moment.

Last edited by asmileaday on Fri, Jun 12 2020, 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Teal

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 6:17 pm
It's not just about the campers. It's also about an influx of people traveling into another area and possibly spreading contagion to residents who haven't been exposed till now.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 6:19 pm
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
It's not just about the campers. It's also about an influx of people traveling into another area and possibly spreading contagion to residents who haven't been exposed till now.

Haha. They're all there already and have been there for a while. Plenty of winterized homes that don't need a C of O. And where are little kids going exactly? That's baloney.

And BTW I have spoken to officials in the Catskills and they were very interested in having us come.

avrahamama

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 6:19 pm
amother [ Teal ] wrote:

They go into their campus and don't even leave.

amother
Jade

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 6:20 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
I’m sorry, what public health degree do you hold?

I have no public health degree but I’m guessing you’re either dumb or blind. Whoever can prove to me that daycamp or kids roaming the streets are safer than camp gets a good medal. This is what it’s about now. It’s not either camp or locked up in a basement.

Sunny Days

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 6:21 pm

It’s not a matter of not standing the kids & getting rid of the. It’s not a measure of love either. It’s a lot of other different combined factors that you in your bubble can’t understand obviously.
I don’t care what you’re doing with your kids but why the glee in others obvious distress?

amother
Brown

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 6:23 pm
I also can't help putting this OT thought here. When they repealed the religious exemption for vaccinations exactly one day less than a year ago (6/13 ironically), it was also matzah after Pesach and a political move in the guise of concern for our health. But then mostly everyone was silent because it didn't particularly affect them. I'm glad the corruption is being brought to the light, albeit a bit too late to accomplish anything for all those affected by king cuomo.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 6:24 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
I also can't help putting this OT thought here. When they repealed the religious exemption for vaccinations exactly a year and a day ago, it was also matzah after Pesach and a political move in the guise of concern for our health. But then mostly everyone was silent because it didn't particularly affect them. I'm glad the corruption is being brought to the light, albeit a bit too late to accomplish anything for all those affected by king cuomo.

It's not Cuomo. It's Zucker. And he's Jewish.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 6:25 pm
gamzehyaavor wrote:
It’s not a matter of not standing the kids & getting rid of the. It’s not a measure of love either. It’s a lot of other different combined factors that you in your bubble can’t understand obviously.
I don’t care what you’re doing with your kids but why the glee in others obvious distress?

Oh yes it certainly is a lot of people want to get rid of their kids. They don’t deny it. They repeat how they’re going nuts with their kids home, I said BH the law will try to protect us while others aren’t concerned about doing that

soap suds

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 6:27 pm
Yay! Better than having more people sick and dying Chas v’sholom

Right, because people don't get sick in crowded parks/streets. Only in sleepaway camps.

amother
Copper

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 6:27 pm
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
I have no public health degree but I’m guessing you’re either dumb or blind. Whoever can prove to me that daycamp or kids roaming the streets are safer than camp gets a good medal. This is what it’s about now. It’s not either camp or locked up in a basement.

Nice academic discussion. This isn’t how public health or any kind of health cate discussion works.

amother
Brown

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 6:30 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
It's not Cuomo. It's Zucker. And he's Jewish.

Same same. zucker pushed for that too. they're cut of the same cloth in every aspect from nursing home policy to vaccinations to camps. and what's the connection to his being jewish???
Page 2 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics