Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Police shot and killed another black man
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 1:50 am
Here we go again. Round #2
https://www.foxnews.com/us/atl.....-down

Rosemarie

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 8:57 am
This police officer really did nothing wrong! The person had already grabbed away from an officer a taser gun and now he ran and then turned and pointed it at the officer. What exactly was the officer supposed to do? Let himself get shot with a taser gun? Standard procedure is to shoot, maybe it should not have been lethal shot, but on a running target you shoot wherever you can.
Why in heavens name was he fired and his chief reassigned? What is wrong with this world?!

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 8:59 am
https://www.toddstarnes.com/cr.....w3t08

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 9:01 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Here we go again. Round #2
https://www.foxnews.com/us/atl.....-down

"we"?

notshanarishona

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 9:49 am
Rosemarie wrote:
This police officer really did nothing wrong! The person had already grabbed away from an officer a taser gun and now he ran and then turned and pointed it at the officer. What exactly was the officer supposed to do? Let himself get shot with a taser gun? Standard procedure is to shoot, maybe it should not have been lethal shot, but on a running target you shoot wherever you can.
Why in heavens name was he fired and his chief reassigned? What is wrong with this world?!

Agree 1000%. If this continues, we wont need to defund the police, they will all resign on their own if they are not allowed to use self defense when dealing with dangerous thugs.

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 10:08 am
Rosemarie wrote:

He was shot to death in the back while he was running away.

Rosemarie

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 10:25 am
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
He was shot to death in the back while he was running away.

Watch the video. I did. He was running, but all of a sudden stretched his hand out behind him with a taser gun in it. It's super clear. That's when he got shot. Complete self defense. (If the cop was smart he would have tried for injuring him rather than killing him, but maybe when both are running, it's harder to aim like that. He needed to make sure he and bystanders were safe, more importantly than a menacing perp.)

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 10:32 am
Rosemarie wrote:
Watch the video. I did. He was running, but all of a sudden stretched his hand out behind him with a taser gun in it. It's super clear. That's when he got shot. Complete self defense. (If the cop was smart he would have tried for injuring him rather than killing him, but maybe when both are running, it's harder to aim like that. He needed to make sure he and bystanders were safe, more importantly than a menacing perp.)

Not "if the cop was smart" - that's not how this works.

Rosemarie

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 10:36 am
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
Not "if the cop was smart" - that's not how this works.

Look, I dont know how to use a gun really, certainly never practiced shooting while running. But makes sense to me that aiming at the center would be sure of getting him, while aiming for his hand while on the run, runs the risk of not getting the perp and then the perp shooting the police officer instead. So maybe this was really standard protocol. Either way, he doesnt deserve to be fired and have the whole police dept come crashing down because of this

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 10:40 am
Rosemarie wrote:
Look, I dont know how to use a gun really, certainly never practiced shooting while running. But makes sense to me that aiming at the center would be sure of getting him, while aiming for his hand while on the run, runs the risk of not getting the perp and then the perp shooting the police officer instead. So maybe this was really standard protocol. Either way, he doesnt deserve to be fired and have the whole police dept come crashing down because of this

so basically - you don't know.....

shoshanim999

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 10:40 am
1. Black man falls asleep on a drive thru line at Wendy's.

2. Cops arrive and give him a field sobriety test and he fails. He's drunk.

3. He resists arrest and gets into a fistfight with the cops and manages to steal one of their taser guns.

4. He continues to resist arrest by fleeing the scene.

5. At some point while fleeing, he turns his head to face the cops and points the stolen taser at the cop.

6. Cop shoots the the drunk resisting arrest thief who was pointing a taser at him, killing him

7. In a show of support, people (from the video they are mostly black) burn down the Wendy's where the incident started and which likely to employs black people.

8. Black lives matter protesters take to the streets demanding justice and unembarrassed give interviews with the media exclaiming their outrage that this thug (whose daughters birthday was coming up!!!) was murdered by police.

9. The chief of police declares that excessive force was used by the cop and announces her resignation.

10. Didn't happen yet but certainly will.....Black leaders will express their outrage and use this incident as yet another example of police brutality towards black people. Black people will buy into this propaganda because it's easy to play the role of the victim. Race relations will continue to deteriorate.

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 10:44 am
shoshanim999 wrote:
1. Black man falls asleep on a drive thru line at Wendy's.

2. Cops arrive and give him a field sobriety test and he fails. He's drunk.

3. He resists arrest and gets into a fistfight with the cops and manages to steal one of their taser guns.

4. He continues to resist arrest by fleeing the scene.

5. At some point while fleeing, he turns his head to face the cops and points the stolen taser at the cop.

6. Cop shoots the the drunk resisting arrest thief who was pointing a taser at him, killing him

7. In a show of support, people (from the video they are mostly black) burn down the Wendy's where the incident started and which likely to employs black people.

8. Black lives matter protesters take to the streets demanding justice and unembarrassed give interviews with the media exclaiming their outrage that this thug (whose daughters birthday was coming up!!!) was murdered by police.

9. The chief of police declares that excessive force was used by the cop and announces her resignation.

10. Didn't happen yet but certainly will.....Black leaders will express their outrage and use this incident as yet another example of police brutality towards black people. Black people will buy into this propaganda because it's easy to play the role of the victim. Race relations will continue to deteriorate.

I saw a video clip from the beginning of the incident where the drunk man was not answering yes or no about the sobriety test, frustrating the officer, but he offered to walk home to his sister's house nearby instead of taking his car.

This could have been deescelated, right there.

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 10:50 am
This is all just so sad. In my pre-religious days, I went out nearly every weekend to party. One weekend, I went out with my friends. I don’t remember ANYTHING except that we went to a club. I got super drunk. According to my friends, we left the club and I began picking fights with random people. Someone called the cops and in my drunken stupor, I fought the police. Woke up in jail. No memory at all of anything. I wasn’t charged with anything and was only taken to jail until I sobered up. So I feel for the guy if he was drunk. I’m not small at all, 5’9, was about 150 then, and my friends say I was really giving the cops a hard time. But they also have to protect themselves. It’s just sad.

Rosemarie

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 10:51 am
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
so basically - you don't know.....

Do you know? Did you ever try shooting a running target, but aiming only for the edge rather than center mass? I dont see any other choice the officer had.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 10:51 am
1. Policeman sees that man is drunk.

2. Man says that he can walk home rather than drive.

3. Policeman could ask for his keys, and walk him, or drive him to where he is going.

4. Everyone is alive in the morning.

shoshanim999

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 10:54 am
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
I saw a video clip from the beginning of the incident where the drunk man was not answering yes or no about the sobriety test, frustrating the officer, but he offered to walk home to his sister's house nearby instead of taking his car.

In what alternative universe do criminals or suspected criminals get to negotiate with the police? So a person suspected of DUI gets to tell the cops at the scene to let him go and he'll stop driving and walk home? What if an armed burglar broke into your home? Should he be allowed to tell the arriving cops he's sorry and he'll just go home now? Is this really the system you'd like to see? How far to the left can you possibly go?

Last edited by shoshanim999 on Sun, Jun 14 2020, 11:07 am; edited 2 times in total

Notsobusy

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 10:56 am
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
1. Policeman sees that man is drunk.

2. Man says that he can walk home rather than drive.

3. Policeman could ask for his keys, and walk him, or drive him to where he is going.

4. Everyone is alive in the morning.

How about we change the story to its very probable conclusion.
Cops let drunk driver go with no consequences. He is alive the next morning. Drives drunk again the next day, and oops, this time he kills someone!

Obviously I'm not saying drunk drivers should be killed, but there need to be consequences.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 10:58 am
shoshanim999 wrote:
In what alternative universe do criminals or suspected criminals get to negotiate with the police? So a person suspected of DUI gets to tell the cops at the scene to let him go and he'll stop driving and walk home? Is this really the system you'd like to see? How for to the left can you possibly go?

it happens all the time in this universe.

leah233

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 10:59 am
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:

It doesn't work that way. You can't commit a crime and offer to walk away instead of getting arrested.

Being behind the wheel of a car with keys in the ignition while drunk is legally considered drunk driving. And drunk drivers are potential murderers.

If people have the option to claim "I will just walk away" you may as well say good bye to the drunk driving laws.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 10:59 am
Notsobusy wrote:
How about we change the story to its very probable conclusion.
Cops let drunk driver go with no consequences. He is alive the next morning. Drives drunk again the next day, and oops, this time he kills someone!

Obviously I'm not saying drunk drivers should be killed, but there need to be consequences.

Why is that the very probably conclusion?

Really that doesn't make sense.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics