Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Whistleblower Nurse at Elmhurst Hospital
1  2  Next

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 2:09 am
https://21stcenturywire.com/20.....tice/

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 2:14 am
ra_mom wrote:
https://21stcenturywire.com/2020/06/11/undercover-nurse-exposes-nycs-covid-epicenter-revealing-widespread-medical-malpractice/

This is an hour long video. Anyway to write a quick synopsis.

pause

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 2:19 am
Oh, but didn't you know we were all exaggerating and because the patient died we don't *really* know what happened there???

pause

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 2:22 am
And I can't wait for all the posts discrediting her because they will come... Otherwise, how does this video even make sense?

honeymoon

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 2:24 am
And I wont be surprised to hear that she 'committed suicide' just like the other nurse who died mysteriously just days after releasing a similar video...

mamma llama

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 2:27 am
honeymoon wrote:
And I wont be surprised to hear that she 'committed suicide' just like the other nurse who died mysteriously just days after releasing a similar video...

Hiding Shooting Arrow

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 2:49 am
“21st Century Wire is a conspiracy and conjecture site run by Patrick Henningsen. Henningsen has ties to both Infowars and Alex Jones, also known for fake news and broad conspiracies. They also seem to have ties to, or at least to be pro-Russian in much of their content. Specifically Russian Today (RT) the state run Russian news outlet.”

For first hand refutation of her claims, see

https://zdoggmd.com/elmhurst-hospital/

It’s amazing to me that the self same groups that scream that the entire mainstream media publishes “fake news” are willing to rely upon trash sites.

ora_43

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 3:05 am
Yet another video that makes sense, and also, doesn't say a single word re: any of the claims of neglect posters on this site were making.

To be fair, I'm not going to watch an entire hour-long video, so maybe I missed something.

But overall, she's claiming that 1. insufficient/poorly used PPE led to virus spread among patients, 2. hospitals putting unconfirmed cases with confirmed cases led to virus spread among patients, 3. doctors gave up on some patients, ie, didn't make serious attempts to 'bring them back' if their hearts stopped, 4. less-invasive oxygen supplementation wasn't given a real chance to work, 5. the hospitals should have given hydroxychloroquine and zinc.

Note that she's not saying: 1. that hospitals left patients in the ambulance and didn't even bother trying to treat them, 2. that patients were dying of starvation and/or dehydration, 3. in general, that patients weren't getting what was at that time the standard treatment for covid19-linked low oxygen levels.

Also note that some of her claims are idiotic. Multiple studies have shown that hydroxychloroquine is not helpful for covid19 patients who are already in moderate-to-severe condition. And trying to 'bring back' someone with multi-organ failure due to sustained oxygen deprivation is just cruel.

BTW the nurse making these claims is a long-time anti-vaccine activist.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 3:14 am
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
This is an hour long video. Anyway to write a quick synopsis.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/w.....s.amp

From her time at Elmhurst: Pushing covid diagnosis on patients that were negative, placing them in rooms with covid positives, placing patients on vents that just needed oxygen, putting the vents on high pressure to start with and once on high pressure there is no way to back down from that, not allowing codes to be done on patients who specifically wanted resuscitation, and patients ultimately dying because no one cared, they were stone cold, following protocols from up high, and afraid to veer off that.

ora_43

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 3:22 am
Her claim that doctors were pushing covid19 diagnosis is pretty stupid, too. Obviously if someone comes in unable to breath and with lung x-rays matching covid, you're going to treat that as a covid case whether or not they've officially tested positive yet. That's not an Elmhurst thing or even a NYC thing, that's a most-places-on-earth thing.

For a look at what it's like when doctors don't do that, check out India. No covid19 treatment without a positive test -> people dying slowly of suffocation, with zero attempt made to save them, and testing positive postmortem.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 10:32 am
There are rebuttals here.
https://zdoggmd.com/elmhurst-hospital/

It's hard to process it all.

But we all knew something was wrong at Elmhurst city hospital. Their numbers have not been within the realm of normal compared to even other hospitals in NYC.

nywife

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 7:14 pm
I don’t have energy for this debate anymore, but I think examining your sources is always wise. A nurse secretly videoing, as well as taking photos of patients records, violates a slew of HIPAA policies and should tell you something about her moral code. That’s all.

ETA: decent video explaining why her video is so problematic https://www.facebook.com/40750.....?vh=e

ETA (again): willing to have a calm, mature conversation about COVID care during the height of the pandemic but I’m not willing to argue with people intent on insisting we starved patients or beat them up. 🥺 (For reference, I’m a critical care nurse).

Last edited by nywife on Mon, Jun 15 2020, 12:54 pm; edited 2 times in total

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 7:16 pm
honeymoon wrote:

Who was that?

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 7:19 pm
nywife wrote:
I don’t have energy for this debate anymore, but I think examining your sources is always wise. A nurse secretly video recording as well as taking photos of patients records violates a slew of HIPAA policies and should tell you something about her moral code. That’s all.

Yup and she’s of course hoping she’ll become a sought after guest on all the talk shows and interviews now and become a millionaire.

trixx

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 7:24 pm
ora_43 wrote:
Her claim that doctors were pushing covid19 diagnosis is pretty stupid, too. Obviously if someone comes in unable to breath and with lung x-rays matching covid, you're going to treat that as a covid case whether or not they've officially tested positive yet. That's not an Elmhurst thing or even a NYC thing, that's a most-places-on-earth thing.

For a look at what it's like when doctors don't do that, check out India. No covid19 treatment without a positive test -> people dying slowly of suffocation, with zero attempt made to save them, and testing positive postmortem.

I have seen more than one person post on Facebook that a family member went to hospital with a condition (heart attack, one with diabetes whose doctor wouldn't see him) died from neglect and death certificate said covid even though they tried to fight it.

octopus

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 7:30 pm
This nurse has served in the military and help operate hospitals in third works countries while in the military . she became a civilian nurse after coning back. I believe her. Her words hold weight. Who cares if she believes in vaccines or not. She doesn't fear repercussions because she is not from the state and was not employed by the hospital in a long term capacity. She says she saw things that were worse than third world hospitals.

out-of-towner

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 7:43 pm
I stopped watching when she claimed that residents are students. Anyone with any knowledge of how you train to be an MD knows that this is totally false. Okay, residents might not be as experianced as a more senior doctor, but all of them answer to their attendings and are go through extensive training, to get to where they are.

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 11:10 pm
out-of-towner wrote:
I stopped watching when she claimed that residents are students. Anyone with any knowledge of how you train to be an MD knows that this is totally false. Okay, residents might not be as experianced as a more senior doctor, but all of them answer to their attendings and are go through extensive training, to get to where they are.

A residency is part of medical training. Residents are doctors and students. Doctors can’t be licensed to work unsupervised without residency in most states. She’s correct.

out-of-towner

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 11:14 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
A residency is part of medical training. Residents are doctors and students. Doctors can’t be licensed to work unsupervised without residency in most states. She’s correct.

It is part of medical training, but they aren't students, as she specifically stated. There medical students who do rounds in the hospitals, but residents have passed medical school. They are always learning, as should any clinician in any field, but they aren't students.

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 11:16 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:

They are NOT students anymore.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics