Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
End of year gift for rebbi and teachers

Moonlight

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 11:57 am
What do you give for end-of-year gift? I feel like the teachers really worked hard these last few months.
Is check most appreciated? Gift card?
I'm specifically appreciative of the rebbi, what do I give him?

teachkids

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 12:03 pm
Teacher here:
Most appreciated is a really nice note with a giftcard somewhere practical (Target or Amazon are great, bath and bodyworks wasn't bad, but the starbucks giftcard is still sitting in my wallet).

If you want to go the mug route, travel mugs are more useful than another standard mug because we're almost never sitting at a desk.

But really, as long as you're showing appreciation, it's appreciated. A note with a small box of chocolate is appreciated too- just show us that you realized how hard we worked all year.

Moonlight

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 12:16 pm
Can I ask what a reasonable amount is? 18? 36? I don't really want to spend extra funds but I don't want to be too skimpy

teachkids

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 12:29 pm
Moonlight wrote:
Can I ask what a reasonable amount is? 18? 36? I don't really want to spend extra funds but I don't want to be too skimpy

A kid that I poured my heart and soul into with a lot of extra help gave 100, but most give around 25 or 36. If you want to make it less, go with a thing instead of a gift card. (Chocolates, a travel mug, a nice set of pens, etc). Alternatively, gather with a few other families and give a joint giftcard.

Success10

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 12:34 pm
teachkids: Do you appreciate when all the parents chip in and get a much more substantial gift? Or do you prefer the personalized ones?

teachkids

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 12:41 pm
Success10 wrote:
teachkids: Do you appreciate when all the parents chip in and get a much more substantial gift? Or do you prefer the personalized ones?

If you do a group gift, feel free to send your own personal note. My favorite thing about the gifts are really the fact that the parents appreciated- shown much more in the note than the gift.
So yes, there's something nice about a nice big gift card, but then I lose out on those personal notes.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics