Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Is my husband the only one not going to minyan??
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 12:50 pm
I’m just curious if any one else’s non-high-risk husband is not going to minyanim yet. I feel like my entire community is going but my husband and I (mostly me TBH) don’t feel like it’s safe yet. I have so much guilt about it and I question if we’re doing the right thing but I just feel like not much has changed and it’s still dangerous...is anyone else doing the same thing?

Adding that my husband is 32 (I’m 28), he does have crohns but there’s not much data that that makes him high risk.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 12:51 pm
DH is 68, has health issues, davens at home.

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 1:02 pm
No -- he is not alone -- everyone has to make the choice for themselves based on their specific situation and the protocols practiced in the minyan as well.

hugs and hatzlocha

Just One

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 1:05 pm
Probably in the minority.... But you've got to do what feels right for you. No need to feel guilty if it's coming with the right intentions

Cheiny

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 1:07 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m just curious if any one else’s non-high-risk husband is not going to minyanim yet. I feel like my entire community is going but my husband and I (mostly me TBH) don’t feel like it’s safe yet. I have so much guilt about it and I question if we’re doing the right thing but I just feel like not much has changed and it’s still dangerous...is anyone else doing the same thing?

Adding that my husband is 32 (I’m 28), he does have crohns but there’s not much data that that makes him high risk.

I know people not going but they’re mostly older and/or in a high risk category. What does your dh’s dr. say?

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 1:20 pm
My dh isn't going.. not high risk category... He doesn't feel people are taking it seriously ( taking off masks, etc) also we are moving soon and flying so being extra careful before to make sure we don't spread anything etc

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 1:26 pm
My kids ( all adults, living with me) are not going. (I have one son who has never missed a minyan since his Bar Mitzvah.) None of them are ready to go back yet, they feel that there is still a risk.

smile4ever

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 1:32 pm
My husband's the same age as yours just about and still davening at home..

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 1:35 pm
Please ask a rav or dr before making these decisions

I was at a shiur last night where the rav decried those still davening at home saying there is no excuse, he spoke to doctors, the shechina is in a shul not a backyard etc

Every person has different circumstances but it’s definitely something to be asked not decided by feelings

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 1:38 pm
No, he's not. No need to feel guilty.

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 1:41 pm
My husband went while our shul was doing outdoor minyanim, but has stopped going since they moved the davening indoors.

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 1:55 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:

I was at a shiur last night where the rav decried those still davening at home saying there is no excuse, he spoke to doctors, the shechina is in a shul not a backyard etc

Every person has different circumstances but it’s definitely something to be asked not decided by feelings
Exactly.

Please don't make your own decisions. Asks a dr. and rav. Minyan is not something you just "decide" if you want or not.

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 1:59 pm
my dh isn't going because the local rabbanim said you can daven in the shul if you wear masks.... but you dont' have to so he's not.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 2:00 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:

Definitely ask a rav. We asked and he said in these times there is no obligation to join a minyan, especially if most people aren’t following the rules of wearing a mask. If doesn’t matter if high risk or not.

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 2:04 pm
Crohns is an inflammatory / autoimmune disease and I would not put him in the low risk category.
He should be safe and stay well.

You need to do what he/you are comfortable with.

Our Rav has said 1000 times that one needs to do what they feel is safe and what they are comfortable with. Don't be bullied here.

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 2:04 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
Definitely ask a rav. We asked and he said in these times there is no obligation to join a minyan, especially if most people aren’t following the rules of wearing a mask. If doesn’t matter if high risk or not.

Our rav has also said, to our congregation as a whole, that there is no obligation to participate at this time.

iyar

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 2:13 pm
Don’t worry OP.

I think this might be a great spot for R Pesach Krohn’s line-

Remember!
Your husband’s gashmiyus - -
Is your ruchniyus
And your husband’s ruchniyus - -
Is None of your business

(He says it much better than I do 😉)

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 2:14 pm
I live in Israel, I feel like everyone here is back to normal. DH doesn't feel like people are taking precautions seriously and doesn't want to go to shul at this point.

It stings extra because he missed so much because of me earlier this year (HG...) and now that I am better he's still not going.

I keep telling him to go again, see if people are keeping the rules, and if not walk away. He has yet to do it...

BH he's not high risk, mid-thirties.

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 2:15 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:

Nonsense!!!

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 2:20 pm
Theres a 2nd Coronavirus wave in Israel now! Anyone think it cant happen here? Why?

https://www.theyeshivaworld.co......html

Just wondering if BP people with no underlying conditions, and under age 60, who havent returned to Minyanim, are being looked down at?
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics