Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Does Shaklee diet work?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 1:09 pm
I need to lose 60 pounds and have no motivation, need major help. Does shaklee work?

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 3:45 pm
Does anything work if you don’t do it and then continue to do it? Why do you ‘need’ to lose 60 lbs? who says? Eat real food. Avoid things that make you crazy. Tweak as you go. I have some suggestions that are real food based but more extreme but I don’t think you have to do things my way.

Why not just focus on changing little things that make you feel better?( yeah, this from me, who’s lost 100+ pounds, reversed diabetes, has countless non scale victories including exercise.) personally, I had a crisis that motivated me initially but what kept me going was how much better I felt over time and then I started making choices intentionally and not from a place of fear.

Motivation? It took me 2.5 years to start exercising and that’s one of my regrets- that I didn’t do it earlier when I was heavier and my muscles would have benefited from that. That said, it amazes me how far I’ve come over all and that what I did the first day is not what works for me today

Also I probably have 80 pounds to go to get to a ‘size chart’ size. Five one, heavy boned. If I never get there but maintain what I’ve done, I’ll be happy with that because I feel great every day. What I do works for me.

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 5:16 pm
Exercise is more important than people think to your overall health. It won't cause magical weight loss, but it can help you lose weight in a healthy way, and it provides more health benefits than losing weight by dieting. You just have to make sure to start the right way so that you don't hurt yourself.

Ora in town

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 5:24 pm
No. Diets based on shakes are not healthy.

You should eat your calories, not drink them.

I agree with smokey and andrea levy 100%

Ima Piano

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 5:47 pm
I take my vitamins from shaklee I take them consistently and Iosf 20 pounds so far
A family member of mine is a health coach and she helps many ppl lose weight.
You can PM me for more info

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 5:48 pm
Ora in town wrote:
No. Diets based on shakes are not healthy.

You should eat your calories, not drink them.

I agree with smokey and andrea levy 100%

This is not true for EVERYONE

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 6:05 pm
Imadreamer wrote:
I take my vitamins from shaklee I take them consistently and Iosf 20 pounds so far

You do just vitamins or the whole regimen? How many months are you on it for?

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 6:07 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
This is not true for EVERYONE

That is correct. It is only true for about 85% of people.

Ora in town

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 6:07 pm
Imadreamer wrote:

As a general rule,it is not healthy to eat in a way that you need vitamin supplements...
healthy eating should provide you with all the micro-and macro-nutrients you need...

In other words: eat fresh produce, rather than vitamin pills or shakes...

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 6:11 pm
It's fine to take vitamins if you have reason to believe that your otherwise healthy diet of real food is still leaving you with a vitamin deficiency, but supplements are meant to supplement your diet (hence the name), not replace it.

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 8:41 pm
In an ideal world, we would all eat enough fruits and vegetables to be healthy and skinny!
I tried shaklee about 20 yrs ago so I can't really have an opinion about it but I do remember having lots of energy when I took their vitamins! (So much actually that I stopped, it was too freaky to have so much energy!)
I think it's more of a way to boost the start of a diet....and then stick to eating healthy!

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 8:33 am
Skinny isn't necessarily healthy. And you really don't need a boost at the beginning of a diet.

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 12:00 pm
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
Skinny isn't necessarily healthy. And you really don't need a boost at the beginning of a diet.

I don't know of a single dr that thinks that being 60 lbs overweight is fine!!
And OP might need a boost because when you are unmotivated, have 60 lbs to lose and lose 2 lbs/wk in the best case scenario, it is extremely difficult to stick to a diet!
But I guess we don't share the same opinion.
That's ok!

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 12:15 pm
I don't know of any doctor who thinks being at the lower end of the healthy weight range is healthier than being at the center of it.

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 12:16 pm
Losing weight to become a healthy weight is good. Losing weight to become skinny is not.

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 12:16 pm
And a "boost" at the beginning of a diet does not boost the diet, it actually makes it harder to lose weight.

lamplighter

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 1:31 pm
Everything "works" for as long as you keep doing it. When you stop you gain the weight back.
Do you want to do shaklee forever?

Most people know what healthy eating looks like. Try making some changes and track on the scale, keep tweaking as you go. Just remember to do it in a way that you are happy to do it forever.

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 1:34 pm
lamplighter wrote:
Everything "works" for as long as you keep doing it. When you stop you gain the weight back.

Except that sometimes "works" at the cost of ruining your health, and your metabolism doesn't bounce back when you stop, so you gain more weight than you lost.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 1:24 am
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:

You want facts? I’m 5’4” tall and 225 pounds. Losing 60 pounds will just make me not obese. It won’t make me skinny

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Jun 16 2020, 1:52 am
I did shaklee diet. Lost very slowly and had loads of stomach issues. I did optavia and loved it. Lost super fast.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise