Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Stains
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 5:49 pm
I HATE stains. My toddler’s clothes are almost always stained when I put them in the laundry so I check all of her clothes and spray them (I have a bunch of different brands I use) plus I pour in the oxiclean powder stuff in the loads and still there are always at least a few garments that come out still stained. Does anyone have any easy, fail proof solutions or products you “swear” by?

teachkids

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 6:25 pm
I always have my machine soak it with oxiclean Before continuing the cycle.

das

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 6:51 pm
My "secret":

1. Kids must always, always wear bibs when eating.

2. Invest in a high quality washing machine.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 7:01 pm
Buy a bunch of the absorbent sillybillyz streetsmartz bibs in nice colors and have your toddler wear them.

To take out most food and dirt stains, make the garment fully wet, lay it in a clean laundry room or bathroom sink, squeeze some Dawn dish soap on the palm of you hand, rub your palms together then use both palms to spread into wet stain. Allow to sit 15 minutes. Come back and scrub with cleaning toothbrush. Wet again and spread with light palm coating of Dawn again. If stains doesn't come out, let sit overnight. Scrub.

Once the stain is out, rinse garment completely until all soap and suds are gone. Then launder in the washing machine as usual.

Beware of ices and fruit stains. Those are more difficult and require more products. Make sure your child is covered when eating those.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 8:25 pm
I’m pretty good at having her wear bibs but she still manages to get stains. All these ideas sound so complex! I wish there was something simple.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 8:29 pm
Ha! I wish there was a magic remove everything product. But with time it will become easier and second nature to you.

SuperWify

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 9:06 pm
Each type of stain requires a different type of removing method...

Today I removed permanent marker with hydrogen peroxide. Oil I do with dish soap. Blood soaked in oxi... ect

When in doubt I google.

simcha123456

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 9:29 pm
Draft stain remover spray!!! Game changer!

jetset123

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 10:10 pm
My mother n law swears by the spray st.moritz its an oil and grease remover for like pots and oven etc.. its super strong kind of like easy off anyways it gets out all stains even ones that been there for years and even underarm yellow stains and heavy oil stains try it! It really works!

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Jun 14 2020, 10:28 pm
jetset123 wrote:
My mother n law swears by the spray st.moritz its an oil and grease remover for like pots and oven etc.. its super strong kind of like easy off anyways it gets out all stains even ones that been there for years and even underarm yellow stains and heavy oil stains try it! It really works!

What's her method? Spray and wash? Spray and sit? Any fabrics this can't be used on? Does it bleach items?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 12:08 am
jetset123 wrote:

Sounds too good to be true! Is it this?

https://www.amazon.com/Well-Do.....0NOFQ

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 12:09 am
simcha123456 wrote:
Draft stain remover spray!!! Game changer!

Is it Dreft (not Draft) plant based stain remover?

Einikel

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 12:10 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Yes I didn’t know it works for laundry. But be EXTREMELY careful with this product. It is very toxic and caustic. Like you need goggles and thick gloves when using. I would be scared to have it in the house with little kids.

qwerty4

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 12:12 am
What about bloodstain? I have one on linen and while it usually comes out this one didn’t work with peroxide, oxi or white brite (which bleached the other part of the linen ;()

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 11:26 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Yes this is the one but you can get it for way cheaper at any jewish supermarket

SuperWify

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 11:44 am
jetset123 wrote:

Do not use this product! It’s extremely dangerous.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 11:55 am
SuperWify wrote:
Do not use this product! It’s extremely dangerous.

Dangerous to ingest or even to inhale?

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 12:29 pm
My easiest way to treat stains is to wash right away. Most stains (ketchup, blood etc) will come out if you wash within a couple of hours of staining.

Another thing I started doing, was instead of just spraying the stain remover, I spray and then rub the liquid in and scrub off the stain (add some hot water if needed). Be careful with a more delicate fabric, though, because the scrubbing could damage it.

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 12:31 pm
My kids brand new clothing got stains from bubbles! I tried everything, it doesn't come out. Any ideas?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 12:33 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Dangerous to ingest or even to inhale?

It burns the skin if it touches you, think 2nd or 3rd degree burn. If you use it you must put it under lock and key literally. Open windows. Close bedroom doors. Use a mask and long rubber gloves.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry