Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Stains
Previous  1  2

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 9:34 am
qwerty4 wrote:
What about bloodstain? I have one on linen and while it usually comes out this one didn’t work with peroxide, oxi or white brite (which bleached the other part of the linen ;()

Blood just needs hydrogen peroxide to break it down. I find Windex works best (it has HP plus more). Spray well on blood. Wash.

Next time use that first. It's like magic on blood. If you already soaked in oxi, it might still work but I'm not 100% sure. Worth a try.

Last edited by ra_mom on Mon, Jun 15 2020, 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 9:36 am
ra_mom wrote:
It burns the skin if it touches you, think 2nd or 3rd degree burn. If you use it you must put it under lock and key literally. Open windows. Close bedroom doors. Use a mask and long rubber gloves.

Oh gosh that sounds so scary. Definitely don’t want to try that!

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 9:57 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Oh gosh that sounds so scary. Definitely don’t want to try that!

Its not that scary jus put gloves spray and quickly throw into washing machine and close lid after it sat for a few min start your wash.. its similiar to easy off

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 7:49 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
Its not that scary jus put gloves spray and quickly throw into washing machine and close lid after it sat for a few min start your wash.. its similiar to easy off

It’s funny because I recently moved into a new house and the previous owners left a lot of cleaning supplies and I just discovered they left this in the laundry room! So now I’m tempted to try it. I have a front load so I can’t fill it up with water first. Do u use a mask?

Marigold

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 8:01 pm
I second the Wearing bibs at all times.

Zout spray, think soaked through, on oil stains and left to sit for some time really helps.

Windex for blood. Miracle.

Food stains ( fruits/vegetables) on light colored clothing are the worst. I use Murphy or palm olive under cold running water to rub it in. Or, tougher stains needs nature bright paste and soak.

Amodex is great for Ink stains and tough food stains.
I always say getting stains out of clothing is a bit of a science. Sometimes u need different methods for diff things.
Good luck.

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Jun 15 2020, 8:06 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It’s funny because I recently moved into a new house and the previous owners left a lot of cleaning supplies and I just discovered they left this in the laundry room! So now I’m tempted to try it. I have a front load so I can’t fill it up with water first. Do u use a mask?

No I dnt usually wear a mask even if im doing my pots etc.. I just open my porch or step away from the area
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry